: Clint Eastwood...good movie

Rolex
01-28-05, 10:57 PM
I saw Million Dollar Baby with my wife tonight. It was a great movie! Then, I can't think of a bad movie with Clint Eastwood or Morgan Freeman. I'd put this up there with one of my other favorites, Shawshank Redemption. Well worth $5.50. Oh, Hiliary Swank was a hot boxer. :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-28-05, 11:18 PM
WHATS YOUR NAME SCUMBAG ?(nice avatar )

you say youd rate it right there with shawshank ? ...ill have to go see it then ....

Playdrv4me
01-29-05, 02:02 PM
Ive wanted to go see it for along time. I follow movie buzz pretty closely and watch alot of movies. Im almost tempted to try and go somehow tonight even though I sort of still feel like crap. Our movies here are 8.25 though! Even when I lived in Kansas they were 7-7.50.

Rolex
01-29-05, 02:35 PM
Our movies are normally $6.50 to 7 bucks but the matinee movies are $5.50.

Ralph
01-30-05, 07:56 PM
I just now watched the "60 Minutes" special on Hillary Swank and found her interesting. I thought she was older than 30! I didn't know until now what Million Dollar Babies was about but I have a thing for female boxing movies and own these two. Don't bother trying to find "Punch" in the U.S. as it's a Canadian movie (probably banned in the U.S.) because it involves female topless boxing and you have a much more strict rating system.

Girlfight was how Michelle Rodrigues got discovered after the director of Fast and Furious saw it and insisted on having her in the tough girl role.

Hillary seems like too much of a "Nice" person to play a mean boxer, but I'll have to see it now.

Was it as good as Girlfight?

clay42
02-01-05, 04:42 PM
While much of the film deals with boxing, there are much deeper themes in the film. It's not just a movie about a girl becoming the best boxer she can be. It's difficult to really say much more without ruining the film for you. While it certainly holds to the Rockyesque 'poor boxer that nobody believes in makes good', there's also alot more going on.

I think a comparison to shawshank is rather apt myself. Million Dollar Baby certainly is one of the best films I've seen in the last 15 years.

Ralph
02-02-05, 03:11 PM
I think a comparison to shawshank is rather apt myself. Million Dollar Baby certainly is one of the best films I've seen in the last 15 years.

Thanks, I'll definately pick up a copy of it in the future.