: Aftermarket headlight ?

Machinehead
06-06-13, 09:30 PM
Been trying to do some research but coming up short, war black housing headlights for my 04 ext but for some (Weird) reason none of the appealing ones are compatible with the HID's. is there a way around this? Perhaps aftermarket HID's to match the aftermarket housing? Someone who has put new headlights housings on and could help me with the finer details would be helping me out a ton, thanks.

mikedyk43
06-06-13, 11:56 PM
You might post a picture of the particular headlights you find appealing. Here is a picture of my black housings with clear reflectors that I bought off eBay. Fully compatible with the stock hids.
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u669/mikedyk43/IMG_20130204_165917_zps73c8a037.jpg

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 12:28 AM
I agree if you post a link for the set of housings that you are looking for we might be able to help better
Most I have seen are projector style in black that work with the factory hids

Machinehead
06-07-13, 07:30 AM
Well I don't have to post a link, I'm looking at the same ones mikedyk43 has, what brand are they because I contacted protuninglab.com (the site I found them on) and they said it wouldn't work.... By the way your truck looks awesome.

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 12:10 PM
Well I don't have to post a link, I'm looking at the same ones mikedyk43 has, what brand are they because I contacted protuninglab.com (the site I found them on) and they said it wouldn't work.... By the way your truck looks awesome.

Here is a set but it doesn't say that they will work with the hids
http://www.carid.com/2004-cadillac-escalade-headlights/spec-d-euro-headlights-313924.html
They also have projection style also in black

Machinehead
06-07-13, 12:56 PM
Just checked those, same deal, not compatible with the HID's ( which I thought all 02-06 escalades have) I'm not sure what the difference is, it must be where the bulb fits in the housing. Worse come to worse, I'll purchase them and see if I need an aftermarket HID kit, then post the results for anyone that tries to search this topic in the future.

mikedyk43
06-07-13, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the compliment. Here is a link to the exact ones I bought from eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-2003-2006-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-EXT-ESV-D1R-XENON-BLACK-CLEAR-HEADLIGHTS-/310669087258?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEscalade&hash=item485552121a&vxp=mtr

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 02:38 PM
Just checked those, same deal, not compatible with the HID's ( which I thought all 02-06 escalades have) I'm not sure what the difference is, it must be where the bulb fits in the housing. Worse come to worse, I'll purchase them and see if I need an aftermarket HID kit, then post the results for anyone that tries to search this topic in the future.

The aftermarket kits are not the same as the factory bulbs as they use a different base along with different housing design sorry if they are the wrong ones but the 03-06 has factory hid low beams

I seen mike has posted a link get them as they will work with the factory hids and are black

Silent_Assasin
06-09-13, 12:46 AM
You might post a picture of the particular headlights you find appealing. Here is a picture of my black housings with clear reflectors that I bought off eBay. Fully compatible with the stock hids.
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u669/mikedyk43/IMG_20130204_165917_zps73c8a037.jpg
Just for the record im very happy to see you didn't put all black wheels on that nice looking truck!..Looks much better with the chrome wheels!

----------

I dont see why they wouldn't work either way! The aftermarket hid kits just simply have a ballast you have to zip tie/screw to anything behind the lights under the hood!...the bulb should still screw in the housing the same way! ....?? ....you just have to make sure you dont go too cheap, as the housing needs to be able to stand the heat of the HIDs!

the cadillac man
06-09-13, 02:03 AM
Just for the record im very happy to see you didn't put all black wheels on that nice looking truck!..Looks much better with the chrome wheels!

----------

I dont see why they wouldn't work either way! The aftermarket hid kits just simply have a ballast you have to zip tie/screw to anything behind the lights under the hood!...the bulb should still screw in the housing the same way! ....?? ....you just have to make sure you dont go too cheap, as the housing needs to be able to stand the heat of the HIDs!

Factory hids have a bit more r&d then most think (mostly in the beam path and cutoff) and the bulb is also a d2r with a strip of paint on it to aid in cutoff(i am using d2c bulbs with no problem and they don't have the paint and I have yet to have a driver flash they're lights at me because of it)

gevinsky
08-14-13, 09:24 PM
Craigslist Seattle/portland had a set about 5/6 weeks ago