: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car

CTSCHICK
06-06-13, 05:57 PM
Prior to my Oil change my CTS started showing obnoxiously loud and annoying front seat squeaks and a slight rattle in the back of the headliner.
My b.f. said no big deal the slight rattle in the headliner may have been from the moon roof harness coming undone he thought he remembered a bulletin put out about it and the seat squeaks probably just needed some lube and to tell the service adviser when I went in for my oil change.
I mentioned it to the service adviser they said they would take care of it and gave me some ATS loaners to play with since I was window shopping ATS's.

I got my usual daily reports on the progress, Front Driver side seat just needed some lube, Passenger seat needs a new frame.
The Moon roof frame cracked the tech replaced it and I guess damaged the motor in the process so they had to order and replace that to.
No problem to me as long as everything is fixed.

I go back drop off the ATS turbo and they pull my car up to the front door since it was after the service department was closed for the day.
I go to get in my car and there is a couple inch square patch of scratches on my driver side door and I look at the moon roof and the front of it is sticking up about an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch higher than the roof of the car.
And the rear of moon roof is sitting about a 1/4 of an inch below the roof of the car at the center.

Having washed my car about 100 times I knew for a fact that it used to sit perfectly flush with the entire roof of the car.
So I drive my CTS over to the other CTS's on the lot to compare how the moon roof's looked on those.
All of the brand new ones were flush just like mine used to be and a few of the used ones had some slight sag or sat a tiny bit below the roof of the car.
No where near as bad as mine.

So I figure I will just let my b.f. inspect it and see what he has to say when he see's it when I get home.
I get on the Jersey Turnpike and get up to speed and all I can hear is the loudest wind noise coming from the back of the car.
Made sure all of the windows were up, moon roof was closed.
Then I pulled off at the first rest stop to make sure all of the doors were closed and they were.

I get home it is almost dark my b.f. takes a look at it and instantly says that the moon roof isn't properly aligned or adjusted to the proper GM spec's and that since it isn't properly aligned it is causing wind turbulence on the roof of the car and that is what I am hearing.
He then tells me it is way off and that the front of the moon roof is to never be above the roof of the car or more than a 1/16 below.
And that the rear is supposed to be either flush or about 1/16 above.
While looking at the inside of the car he tells me the tech scuffed the material on the headliner and put runs in it at the back of the car along with leaving greasy finger prints in a few places.

Without getting to much more in depth about this and that I am still to pissed off about my car to call and complain about it just yet.
My b.f. used to be a GM tech and is pissed off about it he was going to readjust and align the moon roof but said F it because that is why he made me buy a newer car with warranty so that he doesn't have to keep doing this type of stuff.

Like my last GM Pontiac G5GT that went through 3-4 dealers for warranty repairs due to techs not properly fixing or diagnosing things it looks like like Deja vu all over again. :banghead:

My passenger side seat frame is on back order so I have to go back again once I calm down a little I will come up with a game plan in the mean time I have a couple days of rain expected so maybe the dam moon roof with leak and give me a better argument for getting the headline replaced.

Maybe I expect to much and that when I drop off a car to have warranty work done I should get it back in the same condition that I brought it in as and some Half ass tech's shouldn't be beating the shit out of my car while working on it.

like2drive
06-06-13, 07:13 PM
This is completely unacceptable. I would also be soooo pissed to get my car back from the dealer after any repair - let aside warranty repairs - in worse condition than brought in.... I'm very picky about my car, and as you, having washed my car probably more than 150 times now, I know for a fact that I would notice any scratch that was not there before... Bring back your car, and show your service advisor all the things you want to be fixed - and be clear to tell him/her that you are back because one of their tech did not do his job properly....

RAB
06-06-13, 07:28 PM
:yeah:

Agree like2drive, absolutely unacceptable. I would be VERY PISSED OFF if this happened to me.
CTSCHICK, you are not expecting too much. Please let us know what develops out of all this.

The more I hear about Cadillac dealer service screw-ups and Cadillac Customer Service screw-ups the more I'm convinced my next car will be something other than a Cadillac. Luxury car owners expect and deserve an enhanced, satisfying experience when they bring their car into the dealer for service. GM isn't doing nearly enough to ensure this is happening at dealerships nationwide in the US and Canada. It's no wonder why so many people opt for luxury imports, after seeing what GM/Cadillac and their dealer network too often hands them.

If I see one more "I'm very sorry for your experience" post from Cadillac Cust Svc in this forum I think I'm going to scream.

CTSCHICK
06-06-13, 08:21 PM
My main problem is the Cadillac dealer I am using is 92 miles away so it is a major effort to work with them which I was fine with as long as everything stayed satisfactory.

I don't use the closest Cadillac dealer to me because they are part of the auto group that I dealt with and refused to deal with again from dealing with them with my G5GT that I bought from them.

I will get pictures in the light tomorrow because I have read about a few complaints here about people being told wind noise is normal with moon roof repairs and replacements.
When it is actually improperly aligned moon roofs.

Until then I have my car sitting out in the rain and hope it leaks

gohawks63
06-06-13, 08:42 PM
Prior to my Oil change my CTS started showing obnoxiously loud and annoying front seat squeaks and a slight rattle in the back of the headliner.
My b.f. said no big deal the slight rattle in the headliner may have been from the moon roof harness coming undone he thought he remembered a bulletin put out about it and the seat squeaks probably just needed some lube and to tell the service adviser when I went in for my oil change.
I mentioned it to the service adviser they said they would take care of it and gave me some ATS loaners to play with since I was window shopping ATS's.

I got my usual daily reports on the progress, Front Driver side seat just needed some lube, Passenger seat needs a new frame.
The Moon roof frame cracked the tech replaced it and I guess damaged the motor in the process so they had to order and replace that to.

I go back drop off the ATS turbo and they pull my car up to the front door since it was after the service department was closed for the day.
I go to get in my car and there is a couple inch square patch of scratches on my driver side door and I look at the moon roof and the front of it is sticking up about an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch higher than the roof of the car.
And the rear of moon roof is sitting about a 1/4 of an inch below the roof of the car at the center.

Having washed my car about 100 times I knew for a fact that it used to sit perfectly flush with the entire roof of the car.
So I drive my CTS over to the other CTS's on the lot to compare how the moon roof's looked on those.
All of the brand new ones were flush just like mine used to be and a few of the used ones had some slight sag or sat a tiny bit below the roof of the car.

So I figure I will just let my b.f. inspect it and see what he has to say when he see's it when I get home.
I get on the Jersey Turnpike and get up to speed and all I can hear is the loudest wind noise coming from the back of the car.
Then I pulled off at the first rest stop to make sure all of the doors were closed and they were.

I get home it is almost dark my b.f. takes a look at it and instantly says that the moon roof isn't properly aligned or adjusted to the proper GM spec's and that since it isn't properly aligned it is causing wind turbulence on the roof of the car and that is what I am hearing.
He then tells me it is way off and that the front of the moon roof is to never be above the roof of the car or more than a 1/16 below.
While looking at the inside of the car he tells me the tech scuffed the material on the headliner and put runs in it at the back of the car along with leaving greasy finger prints in a few places.

Without getting to much more in depth about this and that I am still to pissed off about my car to call and complain about it just yet.
My b.f. used to be a GM tech and is pissed off about it he was going to readjust and align the moon roof but said F it because that is why he made me buy a newer car with warranty so that he doesn't have to keep doing this type of stuff.

Like my last GM Pontiac G5GT that went through 3-4 dealers for warranty repairs due to techs not properly fixing or diagnosing things it looks like like Deja vu all over again. :banghead:

My passenger side seat frame is on back order so I have to go back again once I calm down a little I will come up with a game plan in the mean time I have a couple days of rain expected so maybe the dam moon roof with leak and give me a better argument for getting the headline replaced.

Maybe I expect to much and that when I drop off a car to have warranty work done I should get it back in the same condition that I brought it in as and some Half ass tech's shouldn't be beating the shit out of my car while working on it.

Unacceptable. You need to hot these dealers where it hurts. When you get the survey you need to let them have it and have it hard. Every dealer I have ever dealt with takes these things seriously.

dreiloft
06-06-13, 09:30 PM
Unacceptable. You need to hot these dealers where it hurts. When you get the survey you need to let them have it and have it hard. Every dealer I have ever dealt with takes these things seriously.

And you commented on jgalillac spelling on a previous post. Must be driving and didn't use Siri. Lol, just kidding. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-13, 10:30 PM

Hello CTSCHICK,

I completely understand your frustration of the issue of the dealership and I apologize that you experienced it. I would be more than happy to call and speak to the dealership on your behalf about this issue. If you would like my assistance, please private message me so I can look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

gohawks63
06-06-13, 11:43 PM
And you commented on jgalillac spelling on a previous post. Must be driving and didn't use Siri. Lol, just kidding. :)

Lol! Karma.

C&C
06-07-13, 04:51 AM
Couple things: I completely agree with your frustration and being upset (about the condition of your vehicle) but you should have said something before accepting delivery, since the vehicle is going back for the completion of service give them the chance to make things right, and finally, contact Gregory W. (Cadillac Customer Care, post #7) and take him up on his offer to act in your behalf with the dealership involved. Best of luck in rectifying this situation.

rspreng
06-07-13, 03:46 PM
It is totally unacceptable that you got your car back in that condition. The service technicians pay very little attention to details and we as customers have to suffer and spend more time and money to get it right and then we are perceived as azz hats for being so picky. I hope they get this right.
As for the headliner, I have pulled some with the same type of material and let me tell you, you have to go above and beyond to keep it from getting dirty. I am as anal as they come and I take pride in my work. I actually wear latex gloves and change them out religiously, that material and color is sooooooo receptive to dirt and grime. I could only imagine what the techs hands looked like after replacing the frame and motor to sunroof. Let us know what happens, curious if they try to clean the headliner or replace it.

C "T" ess
06-08-13, 10:45 AM
Good luck with customer care. Has anyone actually gotten help from them. As I have said before, I'm still waiting for my case number and call back. that was 6 months ago. I appreciate them being here but offering help is just lip service.

WEMTX
06-08-13, 06:30 PM
Good luck with customer care. Has anyone actually gotten help from them. As I have said before, I'm still waiting for my case number and call back. that was 6 months ago. I appreciate them being here but offering help is just lip service.

Completely agree!!!

KYFootDoc
06-08-13, 08:34 PM
Wow, just wow

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-13, 09:05 PM
Hello C “T” ess and WEMTX,

I apologize that you have had unsatisfactory interactions with our team. If you could provide me with your case number, or your name, VIN, and contact info in a private message, I would be more than happy to look into your case for you.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

CTSCHICK
06-09-13, 02:45 AM

Yeh trust me I have observed around here enough since I have become a member to know it is just Lips service and public relations just to look good on internet searches .
I have been through this type of thing enough to know to just call the actual customer service 1800 number where I can get an actual name of a person and a case #.

Pretty much it is pointless for me to deal with them yet until I actually address my issue's with this dealer and see what comes out of all of it.

Right now the more I go through my car the more pissed off I get because I find more stuff.
Some people don't realize when you mess $hit up people are going to look a lot more for more F up's.

----------

This is the rear of my Moon roof it is a 1/4" below the roof of the car.
GM Spec is 0.0mm flush with the top of the car or 1.5mm = 1/16" above the roof.
This is the source of my wind noise that I can hear above the stereo at 3/4 volume.
It is creating wind turbulence on the roof of the car and making the wind noise.

http://i40.tinypic.com/npjnkl.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/wrx2wx.jpg

This is the front of the moon roof it is an 1/8" above the roof of the car.
GM spec is 0.0mm flush with the roof or no more than -1.5mm below the roof.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jayhrc.jpg

Notice I am using a non-marring plastic measuring stick on the car because I care enough not to use a wooden one with a metal end to prevent scratches in the paint. Maybe I do expect to much out of people I dunno but at least it isn't expecting anymore than I wouldn't do my self lol

C "T" ess
06-09-13, 11:44 AM
The inept repair is bad enough, where is the quality check the dealer is supposed to do before returning the car to the customer. At the dealership I go to there is always the service manager or another designated person whose initials are on every repair line indicating that the service was performed and re-checked by a second set of eyes.

CTSCHICK
06-09-13, 02:56 PM
I don't think it would do any good unless the person doing the inspecting or checking things over actually went through the Gm service material to go back over what was done to a car to know what they are even looking for.

How ever with just a cosmetic check over would have probably caught some of my complaints especially with the dirty finger prints and smudges on the interior along with lubrication drip marks on my driver side floor from where they lubed the seat.
My passenger side A pillar interior panel being put back on wrong over top of the door weather stripping instead of behind it.
It looks like the tech banged into my passenger side door panel right above the speaker, near the door lock/window switch bezel while removing the passenger seat I have a white dent through the material where it scuffed the black leather.

Guy.Seminerio
06-09-13, 03:47 PM
I happened to be on the cts forums for a different reason and this thread caught my eye. It's ridiculous. About a month ago I opened a thread on the STS-V forums you might find interesting. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/289812-horrible-experiences-dealer-care-share.html. It tells the story and talks about how it was somewhat resolved. What you should expect when you drop your cadillac off at the dealer for service is that the people dealing with your car treat your car as you would treat your car. You should expect nothing less. This crap gets me so heated. Good luck.

WEMTX
06-09-13, 08:14 PM

I apologize that you have had unsatisfactory interactions with our team. If you could provide me with your case number, or your name, VIN, and contact info in a private message, I would be more than happy to look into your case for you.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This chat board will not let me go back as far as the complaint that i emailed to, I believe her name was Katie. I sent the info with my VIN and sent the info again when I still had no reply.
I am most fortunate that I have probably the best Cadillac dealer around, Sewell.
I find that the Cadillac Costomer Care on this board is of no value. I have also explained this to my dealer's GM.

CTSCHICK
06-09-13, 08:37 PM
I just sent an email to my Service adviser she is on vacation until next Monday.
Like I said before I can wait because I only want to go back in when my passenger side seat frame comes in and they can have the opportunity to resolve this.

I took better pictures today of all of my complaints for the email.
This is just one example of why I am pissed off about this and this is just the Passenger side C pillar trim panel.

As you can see in the picture on the left there is 2 couple inch long runs in the material along with a greasy finger print on the right.
There is longer runs in the material of the actual headliner from being rubbed against something to cause them.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdvas4.jpg

tinman
06-10-13, 09:02 AM

I am also still waiting for my case number on my second transmission rebuild in one month. Cadillac Customer No-Service promised me that as well. To date...nothing.

If it weren't for lip service we'd have no service at all.

----------

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory W., I read that you included "...your name, VIN, and contact info in a private message" and I find it ironic that you asked for CT"ess"'s Case Number, the one he never received (italics mine). And I am still waiting for my case number, too...

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 10:06 AM
I am also still waiting for my case number on my second transmission rebuild in one month. Cadillac Customer No-Service promised me that as well. To date...nothing.

If it weren't for lip service we'd have no service at all.

----------

Gregory W., I read that you included "...your name, VIN, and contact info in a private message" and I find it ironic that you asked for CT"ess"'s Case Number, the one he never received (italics mine). And I am still waiting for my case number, too...

Hello Paul,

I apologize for your frustration in waiting to hear from your District Specialist. We operate on business hours. After looking into your case again, I see your District Specialist is scheduled to contact you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

tinman
06-10-13, 10:38 AM
Thank you, Laura for telling me that. I guess the wheels of progress grind slowly.

I work with a small company and when we need something done, we get it done. I am not used to the machinations of a large corporation and their multiple layers of bureaucracy.

----------

Chick, I am posting a link to this thread on the "Tell me about your sunroof" thread.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 11:10 AM
This chat board will not let me go back as far as the complaint that i emailed to, I believe her name was Katie. I sent the info with my VIN and sent the info again when I still had no reply.
I am most fortunate that I have probably the best Cadillac dealer around, Sewell.
I find that the Cadillac Costomer Care on this board is of no value. I have also explained this to my dealer's GM.

Hello WEMTX,

I am sorry your Email was never interacted with. Katie is no longer part of our team; we have been in the process of transitioning new customer service agent's which include myself and Gregory to the Cadillac forum. We do our best to help assist our customers and make contact with the appropriate people to further assist them if needed. If you would like to discuss any concerns or issues, please private message me and we can continue our interaction.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 01:06 PM
Thank you, Laura for telling me that. I guess the wheels of progress grind slowly.

I work with a small company and when we need something done, we get it done. I am not used to the machinations of a large corporation and their multiple layers of bureaucracy.

----------

Chick, I am posting a link to this thread on the "Tell me about your sunroof" thread.

You are welcome Paul. Don't hesitate to reach out to us again, if there is ever additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

----------

I just sent an email to my Service adviser she is on vacation until next Monday.
Like I said before I can wait because I only want to go back in when my passenger side seat frame comes in and they can have the opportunity to resolve this.

I took better pictures today of all of my complaints for the email.
This is just one example of why I am pissed off about this and this is just the Passenger side C pillar trim panel.

As you can see in the picture on the left there is 2 couple inch long runs in the material along with a greasy finger print on the right.
There is longer runs in the material of the actual headliner from being rubbed against something to cause them.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdvas4.jpg

Hi CTSCHICK,

I apologize for these marks left in your vehicle. I do see you Emailed your service advisor at your dealership, but she is out of office for another week. When you do make contact with her next week, if you would like my assistance throughout the process, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message where we can continue to interact and discuss any other questions or concerns you have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

jbdrags
06-12-13, 11:41 AM
I feel all of your pain. Had my own experiences with horrible repair jobs from the dealer and getting no where with Cadillac customer service. You wonder why people keep buying. Good luck!!!

CTSCHICK
06-18-13, 08:44 PM
Figured I would update this.
My service adviser came back from vacation yesterday and contacted me immediately after reading my email and viewing my pictures of my complaints.
Along with forwarding them to the Service manage & director due to all of that.

My Passenger side seat frame is in so I am dropping my CTS off on Friday and meeting with everyone now involved when I get there.
My b.f. is going with me to take care of the technical stuff.

Their response is They can not have me unhappy with my car and their service so we will see.
Right now they think they can have their detailer detail the interior and clean it up after the other complaints with the moon rood & ect are taken care of.
When the only way to take car of the runs in the material is to replace the trim.
Along with detailing the exterior

Other than that I have another ATS turbo reserved to drive while dealing with this so we will see how all of this ends up.

tinman
06-18-13, 09:24 PM
My advice: Have the time of your life in that ATS turbo!

C "T" ess
06-19-13, 11:48 AM
I'll never understand why you have to work so hard to get people to do their jobs. It baffles me.

tinman
06-19-13, 11:54 AM
I'll never understand why you have to work so hard to get people to do their jobs. It baffles me.

I have always said that whatever you do in life do it to the best of your ability.

HurstGN
06-21-13, 12:59 PM
I'm way behind on reading, and this may well be fixed by now....but I can see what the problem is from the pics.
The back is too low when it should be flush to high, and the front is too high when it should be flush to low....
They installed it backwards!!! :thumbsup:

OK, I know this is nowhere near helpful, and I hope they get you fixed properly. I was hoping to ease your pain with a little levity. Please don't hit me. :thepan:

CTSCHICK
06-22-13, 05:10 AM
Hehe yeh I posted the GM specs in my first post

Dropped the car off today without any debate what cant be detailed out will be replaced
And that includes the headliner, passenger side c pillar trim and ect along with dealing with the moon roof.

My loaner is a silver ats turbo with 1280 miles on it.

C "T" ess
06-22-13, 11:39 AM
I'm currently in a 2.0T loaner and it is amazingly fast. Now if I could just get in and out without getting stuck on something.

Surfstix
06-25-13, 12:55 PM
Hello CTSCHICK,

I completely understand your frustration of the issue of the dealership and I apologize that you experienced it. I would be more than happy to call and speak to the dealership on your behalf about this issue. If you would like my assistance, please private message me so I can look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

I think it is great that you offered to get involved with the dealer but I have had our SRX and CTS in multiple times and constantly get the same answer we cannot reproduce the problem but they manage to find everything that costs me money never anything that is covered under warranty or extended warranty which are quite costly when the dealer "cannot reproduce the problem" do they think we want to put all this mileage on our cars to hear the same old song and dance most of us have genuine concerns that are overlooked I am trading in my 09 CTS for a 2011 coupe tomorrow this is Cadillacs last shot with me.Perhaps contacting the dealer is step one but it should be conveyed to GM executives to wake up or fall on their butts again we bailed them out once with our hard earned tax dollars the least they can do is give us the service they so proudly display in all the dealerships about Cadillac customer service and then they beg for a 100% satisfaction survey(are they kidding) which seems useless anyways nothing ever gets done.Well that's my rant and rave.

dan87951
06-27-13, 07:24 AM
There will always be good dealers and bad dealers -- its the fact of life! It's finding that good dealer that is the problem. Where we live I have had first hand experience with the dealer in Lansing, MI named Capital Cadillac. They have been very good to us and feel fortunate to have them in our area. The only problem is the quality of our car has been disappointing to say the least. We are getting close to the 50k b2b and the car (bought it new) is definitely starting to show its quality issues as things keep breaking. We have always purchased new Infiniti's in the past so visiting a dealer for warranty work is new for us. We kept our last Infiniti FX35 until is had 198k miles on it and the only thing it needed in that time frame was a wheel bearing (110k) and tie rod ends (143k). Infiniti even covered the wheel bearing under warranty for us even though the car was way out of warranty which was very nice of them. I guess the moral of the story is -- even though our dealer is top notch, what's the point when the quality of the product they sell is not up to snuff. No doubt Cadillac is making some good looking cars and have had made some improvements to quality over previous model (1st gen CTS was a joke) -- I just think their no where near the Japanese in terms of reliability/quality yet. You can probably tell what our next car will be after the warranty is up on our CTS..

928S
06-27-13, 09:04 AM
I guess the moral of the story is -- even though our dealer is top notch, what's the point when the quality of the product they sell is not up to snuff. No doubt Cadillac is making some good looking cars and have had made some improvements to quality over previous model (1st gen CTS was a joke) -- I just think their no where near the Japanese in terms of reliability/quality yet. You can probably tell what our next car will be after the warranty is up on our CTS..

Well said, I could not agree more. 2nd gen CTS was an easy choice for many here, due to favorable discount price versus competition; but now with new 3rd gen CTS reportedly priced higher on par with competition, it’s a real dilemma. How lucky do potential buyers feel?

tinman
06-27-13, 09:18 AM
Well said, I could not agree more. 2nd gen CTS was an easy choice for many here, due to favorable discount price versus competition; but now with new 3rd gen CTS reportedly priced higher on par with competition, it’s a real dilemma. How lucky do potential buyers feel?

And as this debate goes on, still many folks have problems with BMW's and Mercedes' vehicles, just like the Cadillacs. After reading the BMW CCA magazine (Roundel) for a few years, there were so many complaints about the Bimmers, especially in their fine Technical section. I was really hot on a new M3, but after reading the magazine for as long as I did I decided to go Porsche.

amunderdog
06-27-13, 09:35 AM
I think?
They want things the way they are.
Most people know nothing about cars except they going to have payments until they die.
So the dealers would prefer you are pissed off at your current vehicle.
You will want a better/different one.
That will hopefully translate to a sale for them, if not your trade in will advertise for them on a different corner of town.
Somehow it seems the marketing department has convinced them return/satisfied customers are not all that important; there is a sea of potential customers; if they get the marketing correct will get them thru until the next new thing.
Maybe gone are the years of customers for life with brand loyalty.
Just turn them out and use slick marketing to move them.
Long term planning seems to be a thing of the past in America.

Remember the Sales rule from the beginning of time?
A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells everybody.

GM has been down this road before; you would think they had learned something.

C "T" ess
06-27-13, 10:22 AM
I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive. If you are having a good experience there is no sense in posting it. If you are having a problem you can start a rant which riles everyone up and you wind up with multiple responses. The point is that our forum like others seems to portray the car, the dealer,Cadillac and GM as monsters who took our money and gave us nothing in return. I think as is the case with any product, top of the line to economy model, you will find problems.
I would suggest; not taking anything away from the op but there are probably the same number or more that have experienced no problems. Just my $0.02. (although if you put in your two cents but you only offer a penny for your thoughts, where does the other penny go :hmm:)

CTSCHICK
06-27-13, 10:24 AM
Yeh not according to what GM has been saying recently
http://www.autonews.com/article/20130610/RETAIL07/306109946#axzz2XQLes9iL

How ever my problem is with the dealership techs quality of work to which everyone involved at the dealership agreed that my complaints were legitimate and that the tech shouldn't have beat that crap out of my car while also should have properly cleaned up afterwards.
They made no excuse's towards my complaints.
It probably made a difference after my b.f. went through the technical stuff with them and explained to them he used to be a GM tech lol
We will see when it is done and if they took care of my complaints.

They already know I go out of my way 92 miles each way to buy the car and take care of my service, warranty issue's due to past problems with my previous GM cars with local GM dealers.
If I am willing to do that imagine if I feel I am burned by Gm and how far I will be willing to go to not buy a GM or deal with them lol

tinman
06-27-13, 10:29 AM
We are on your side, CTSCHICK.

CTSCHICK
06-27-13, 10:51 AM
hehe I know
That article just came to mind after reading amunderdog's post

----------

I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive. If you are having a good experience there is no sense in posting it. If you are having a problem you can start a rant which riles everyone up and you wind up with multiple responses. The point is that our forum like others seems to portray the car, the dealer,Cadillac and GM as monsters who took our money and gave us nothing in return. I think as is the case with any product, top of the line to economy model, you will find problems.
I would suggest; not taking anything away from the op but there are probably the same number or more that have experienced no problems. Just my $0.02. (although if you put in your two cents but you only offer a penny for your thoughts, where does the other penny go :hmm:)

Except with me if you read my past posts this isn't the first time or first Gm car I have had the same exact problems with.
The only difference is I havent had to get GM customer service involved.

tinman
06-27-13, 10:54 AM
I believe C"T"ess' post was generic in nature, not aimed at you, Chick. I agree with what he posted in the generic, general sense as he is spot on with his post.

hauler
06-27-13, 10:55 AM
I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive. :)
That was the hard part of starting on this forum. The only car forum I had been on was the c1 and c2 corvette forum, and rants about bad parts and bad service are far outweighed by posts about information and advice. They even have a Friday Funnies post once a week to post the latest jokes.

Of course all the cars being discussed are long out of factory warranty, and since they are hobby cars, no one depends on them for daily transportation.

On the whole I think everyone here takes a balanced attitude toward problems, and I have been impressed by support from GM people.

tinman
06-27-13, 11:04 AM
Have you had direct contact with the GM people? Or the support you are commenting about, is that from the posts made? Or are you commenting about the Corvette Forum GM people?

amunderdog
06-27-13, 11:18 AM
Yeh not according to what GM has been saying recently
http://www.autonews.com/article/20130610/RETAIL07/306109946#axzz2XQLes9iL

Looks like more marketing skullduggery to me.

GM needs to compete with both domestic and foreign car companies who have shifted the paradigm back to originally making the customer happy by providing reliable, cost effective and technologically innovative features and designs. Dependable older model cars still on the road today usually are not GM vehicles. The GM cars that are now priceless collectibles were manufactured in a time where early mass production was still balanced with quality and pride in craftsmanship. When a corporation is too large and poorly managed, they forget about the cornerstones that allowed the business to flourish. GM focused too much on wheeling and dealing in the car show room than making the best cars available.

GM. Car Dealers are also going to have to clean up their act. They need to stop being about deal making and hard closing techniques. Your local dealer will need to become a valuable source of ongoing information using the social media, email marketing and search engine marketing. By doing these things they can be less about “getting you into something today” and more about establishing a trusting relationship and someone who can be relied upon when the time does come to get that new vehicle.

Read more: http://www.optimum7.com/internet-marketing/business-strategy/new-marketing-focus-general-motors.html#ixzz2XQh8OOiq

I thought this was interesting
http://garagesalemba.com/2011/02/20/general-motors-case-study-on-marketing-strategy/

hauler
06-27-13, 12:57 PM
Yes I have contacted GM Through this forum and they were very helpful, and you also helped me with answers which I really appreciate. My remark wasn't about the people as much as my not realizing the difference between a forum about hobby cars and cars we depend on daily.

tinman
06-27-13, 01:27 PM
Got it, thank you.

dan87951
06-28-13, 06:39 AM
I couldn't agree more. Our BMW experience was a complete nightmare and was the worst car we have ever owned. Let's put it this way our BMW was at the dealer more than our own garage. I will never again buy a BMW. My neighbor loves them and he is on a first name basis with the tow truck driver, I'm sorry I don't get it the "Ultimate Driving Machine" more like the Ultimate break down machine!

And as this debate goes on, still many folks have problems with BMW's and Mercedes' vehicles, just like the Cadillacs. After reading the BMW CCA magazine (Roundel) for a few years, there were so many complaints about the Bimmers, especially in their fine Technical section. I was really hot on a new M3, but after reading the magazine for as long as I did I decided to go Porsche.

tinman
06-28-13, 08:46 AM
What about, "Joy!" ?

CTSCHICK
07-01-13, 09:32 PM
I am tied with you on visit's to the dealer for the same problem Tinman lol :mad:

So I get the call today that my CTS was out of detail so I before I leave work early and drive 92 miles there I specifically ask Is all of my complaints fixed, I get a Yes they all are.
Then I ask Is the moon roof completely silent, I get a Yes the Service director personally took it out prior to detail and he said everything is Good.

The Service area says open until 6pm so I left work early and spent more than 2 1/2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic jams, The last 20 miles I was only doing 3mph
I finally get there at 5:15pm and only the loaner car desk people are there, Every one else went home.

So they pull my CTS out of the mechanic garage and into the service pick up/drop off garage.
I go over the exterior it is perfect, Moon roof alignment is perfect.
I Check the headliner and C pillar no more runs everything is perfect.
Look over to the Passenger side A pillar it still isn't on correctly so I go open the passenger side front door and check out the seat, They never installed the seat belt back on to the seat, and the Cap that covers the bolt is missing so the seat belt is just hanging there.
I go back in saying WTF the 2 loaner car people scramble to find a tech and only one happened to still be there.
So they get him to come out, Parts are missing and ect so he takes the needed parts out of the ATS Loaner.
I call my b.f. he says screw the A pillar he will fix it if that is the only thing so I keep looking and the whole dam thing is put back together incorrectly, The plastic end caps on the seat slider rails are installed wrong, The carpet piece in the front that attaches to plastic trim on the front bottom of the seat that hides all of the wiring ect under the seat is just hanging and ect.
So he says F it just come home he will fix it right.

So I end my phone call with him and go to drive back home I don't even get out of the dealer parking lot and the Moon roof is back to making the same rattling noises in the back of the headliner that was the cracked welds in the Moon roof frame.

So I say enough of this $hit I want to talk to the general manager, president, vise president of the dealership and show him this crap.
I go in to talk to them but every one in charge at the dealership went home at 5pm only 1 lot boy and the sales people were there. WTF
I know what they look like so I walked around looking just to see if it was B.S. or not and the receptionist was right they all went home.
I told her to give me a pen and some paper I am leaving a note for the General manager of the dealership.
She gives me the pen and paper while I am raising enough hell so that other customers hear me.
While I am filling out my Note she calls the Service Director I can hear her say do you want to talk to her, Obviously he didnt so he tells her to tell me to take the Loaner and leave the car there.

I call my b.f. he says leave it there but take pictures of both cars before I leave
So I over heard the note was going to be left with the service director not the General manager of the dealership so I say to my self OK I will email him when I get home and call him in the morning because this is total B.S. and completely unacceptable for me to be told the Car was ready and personally check by the Service Director and giving the OK prior to me leaving work early, spending $10 or so on tolls for the Jersey turnpike and killing my self to get there bumper to bumper traffic for 2 1/2+ hours.

Before I left I saw the one sales person that I was communicating with for the past couple weeks about buying an ATS and I just looked over and said I am not buying an ATS from here.

Blah now I have to discuss with my b.f. what I am going to do about all of this when I calm down a little bit.

C "T" ess
07-02-13, 10:06 AM
I'm sure you considered this but is there another dealer closer to you. One suggestion I would make is to file a BBB complaint. It riles everyone up and they will be falling all over themselves to satisfy you and get the negative mark removed.

tinman
07-02-13, 10:16 AM
I never cease to be amazed.

I just received a telephone message from "GM Executive Headquarters". Someone called and has some type of info on my situation. As I await their return call I realize my problem has been elevated to somewhere, or should I say that it has been passed around to somewhere. That one is to be continued elsewhere.

CTSCHICK, I can only hope things improve for you as well. At least I don't have to drive as far as you. I would not be happy either. Hang in there. :bouncy:

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-02-13, 01:42 PM
I am tied with you on visit's to the dealer for the same problem Tinman lol :mad:

So I get the call today that my CTS was out of detail so I before I leave work early and drive 92 miles there I specifically ask Is all of my complaints fixed, I get a Yes they all are.
Then I ask Is the moon roof completely silent, I get a Yes the Service director personally took it out prior to detail and he said everything is Good.

The Service area says open until 6pm so I left work early and spent more than 2 1/2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic jams, The last 20 miles I was only doing 3mph
I finally get there at 5:15pm and only the loaner car desk people are there, Every one else went home.

So they pull my CTS out of the mechanic garage and into the service pick up/drop off garage.
I go over the exterior it is perfect, Moon roof alignment is perfect.
I Check the headliner and C pillar no more runs everything is perfect.
Look over to the Passenger side A pillar it still isn't on correctly so I go open the passenger side front door and check out the seat, They never installed the seat belt back on to the seat, and the Cap that covers the bolt is missing so the seat belt is just hanging there.
I go back in saying WTF the 2 loaner car people scramble to find a tech and only one happened to still be there.
So they get him to come out, Parts are missing and ect so he takes the needed parts out of the ATS Loaner.
I call my b.f. he says screw the A pillar he will fix it if that is the only thing so I keep looking and the whole dam thing is put back together incorrectly, The plastic end caps on the seat slider rails are installed wrong, The carpet piece in the front that attaches to plastic trim on the front bottom of the seat that hides all of the wiring ect under the seat is just hanging and ect.
So he says F it just come home he will fix it right.

So I end my phone call with him and go to drive back home I don't even get out of the dealer parking lot and the Moon roof is back to making the same rattling noises in the back of the headliner that was the cracked welds in the Moon roof frame.

So I say enough of this $hit I want to talk to the general manager, president, vise president of the dealership and show him this crap.
I go in to talk to them but every one in charge at the dealership went home at 5pm only 1 lot boy and the sales people were there. WTF
I know what they look like so I walked around looking just to see if it was B.S. or not and the receptionist was right they all went home.
I told her to give me a pen and some paper I am leaving a note for the General manager of the dealership.
She gives me the pen and paper while I am raising enough hell so that other customers hear me.
While I am filling out my Note she calls the Service Director I can hear her say do you want to talk to her, Obviously he didnt so he tells her to tell me to take the Loaner and leave the car there.

I call my b.f. he says leave it there but take pictures of both cars before I leave
So I over heard the note was going to be left with the service director not the General manager of the dealership so I say to my self OK I will email him when I get home and call him in the morning because this is total B.S. and completely unacceptable for me to be told the Car was ready and personally check by the Service Director and giving the OK prior to me leaving work early, spending $10 or so on tolls for the Jersey turnpike and killing my self to get there bumper to bumper traffic for 2 1/2+ hours.

Before I left I saw the one sales person that I was communicating with for the past couple weeks about buying an ATS and I just looked over and said I am not buying an ATS from here.

Blah now I have to discuss with my b.f. what I am going to do about all of this when I calm down a little bit.

Hello CTSCHICK,

I apologize for any troubles you have gone through with your vehicle and dealership service. I understand your frustration after reading your post. If you would like to further discuss these issues, please private message me so I can assist you throughout this process and be sure to include your contact information, VIN, and dealership name and location.

Thanks,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

CTSCHICK
07-02-13, 05:23 PM
After my conversations with the general manager and service director there today
I just told them fix what they want to fix and dont fix what they dont want to fix or think shouldn't have to be fixed and I will just call GM Customer service open a case and put the ball in GM's court on where to take it and be fixed correctly.

Because since they have no excuse's for their obvious failures, They are starting to try and turn the problem around as being normal.

Highlights of my conversation today The Service director " It isn't my fault or your fault that you drive so far to us for service"
My response But it is 100% all your fault that my car wasn't fix properly and put back together correctly because you were the one that assumed all responsibility of test driving the car to see if the problem was fixed, and you said you would personally inspect every inch of the car to make sure the job was done cleanly and properly.
Not counting after you test drove and inspected my car you sent it into detail to which the detail person should have noticed the seat belt not attached and they should have said something.
The problems were easily noticeable before I even drove away, The noise in the headliner was present before I even left the dealership parking lot.
And you were the one that supposedly did all of that and Gave it the Ok and assured me it was 100% ready to be picked up before I went through the hassle of coming there to get it, Even after I specifically asked on the phone about everything prior to leaving.

The Service director " I will put my best man on it I have one guy here that is the best with moon roofs and interior stuff"
I said are you serious?? shouldn't this supossed guy have been the tech to work on it this past 2nd time because of all of my complaints and problems and my car being in for 2nd time??

Service Director "uh my wife has an 09 CTS and her moon roof makes noises to"
My response So you are trying to invalidate my headliner noise problem as being normal now?? After it being the same exact rattling noise in the headliner that you originally heard, acknowledged and validated as a legitimate problem the 1st time it was in for repair and actually repaired properly after finding the moon roof frame welds cracked and causing the noise but the tech misaligned the moon roof glass to which might have contributed to part of the wind noise problem??
To which the noise wasn't present again until after this second time of attempted repair.

LOL I was like WTF I see where this is going now.

Then I had to explain to him what the A pillar was

----------

Hello CTSCHICK,

I apologize for any troubles you have gone through with your vehicle and dealership service. I understand your frustration after reading your post. If you would like to further discuss these issues, please private message me so I can assist you throughout this process and be sure to include your contact information, VIN, and dealership name and location.

Thanks,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

I know this is short notice but P.m coming your way.

CTSCHICK
07-03-13, 12:44 PM
Just thought I would update this I talked with our Laura on the phone this morning and she contacted the dealership to hopefully motivate them.
Followed my an email from her to update me on what is going on at the dealership

tinman
07-03-13, 12:48 PM
Good Luck. It took them three tries to get mine right, and I am not sure at this time that it is right.

CTSCHICK
07-03-13, 12:52 PM
Good Luck. It took them three tries to get mine right, and I am not sure at this time that it is right.

3rd time for me to, don't forget I didnt even leave the dealership complex before returning it for the 3rd time.
How ever I no longer wish to compete with you on these repair visits Tinman lol
Lets just both hope we both don't have to return until our oil changes need to be done

tinman
07-03-13, 01:07 PM
I do my own oil changes. Mobil 1, K&N filter, rotate tires. There is absolutely no way I would take mine to the dealer for something as simple as that. I enjoy it, too. It also gives me a chance to look at my car underneath.

One of these days I am going to build my man cave with a lift. You need a chickcave. :welcome:

CTSCHICK
07-03-13, 01:23 PM
One of the main reasons I got a Cadillac was because of the free maintenance to give my b.f. a break on having to deal with car stuff he does enough of that during the week and on his free time on the weekends.
Other than him marking stuff to know the filter has been changed and checking it when I return and ect I figured I would give him a break until it expires or the warranty is over.

Other than the occasional times an engine might be in my den or a super charger or turbo kit laid out on my living room floor the entire house is my chick cave lol

Surfstix
07-04-13, 06:33 AM
Well the salesman who sold me the 2011 CTS is the owners twin brother he assured me my wifes SRX Moonroof/Sunroof will be fixed also her navigation issue and squealing serpentine belt whenever any type of moisture is in the air.We will see...This is a new dealer I just began using so I have to see how they operate.

Guy.Seminerio
07-04-13, 10:33 PM
What's the old dealer and new dealer

CTSCHICK
07-05-13, 05:42 AM
Update
My CTS should be done today it was supposed to be done Wed then going in to detail this morning and me picking it up when they are done.

Beside what I mentioned about talking to Laura and her talking to the dealer and her giving me an email with an update with what it is going on and what I mentioned previously about talking to the service director.
She also has a district specialist contacting me today even though I won't hold my breathe considering it is a Holiday weekend with most people having a 4 day weekend.
So we will see what happens later.

Surfstix
07-05-13, 08:02 AM
Atlantic Cadillac is the absolute worst dealership I have ever been in,the new dealer is King Orouke.
What's the old dealer and new dealer

----------

CTSCHICK you are one patient woman after 2 shots at fixing it I just call GM and get a reference number and open a case after my 09 nightmare I don't give them too much rope anymore otherwise I'm the only one that gets hung.

CTSCHICK
07-05-13, 02:53 PM
Picked up my CTS
Any one notice anything wrong in this picture ?? :banghead:
Keep in mind this car was thoroughly inspected by the service director or manager LOL at least I can laugh about this now.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2h6dcab.jpg

At least the Moon roof is 100% silent now or so far

I just picked the car up and came back home 92 miles my b.f. was with me and inspected the interior while I was driving he noticed it before we even got out of the dealer parking lot and just said hell with it he will fix it.
When I picked my car up neither even bothered to meet with me and it just gave me the We dont give a shit feeling like I was picking the car up from having an oil change.
So I figured why bother with them.
They did give me a full tank of gas and detail my car twice to make up for it I guess

----------

CTSCHICK you are one patient woman after 2 shots at fixing it I just call GM and get a reference number and open a case after my 09 nightmare I don't give them too much rope anymore otherwise I'm the only one that gets hung.

Laura from Customer service here opened a case for me Tuesday, Even though it was short notice She called me Wednesday morning to hear what was going on then called the dealership since my car was there already.
While also having a regional rep contact me this morning and will be contacting me monday if she doesnt hear from me today.
I have been through other problems with GM dealers with repair problems in the past locally which one owns the local Caddy dealer that involved me dealing with Gm customer service that is pretty much why I boycotted certain dealers close to me.
I just thought it would be different going else where :annoyed:

C "T" ess
07-06-13, 12:05 PM
how could anyone miss the fact the the trim should go behind the weatherstrip. I think you are dealing with a bunch of idiots. Might as well deal with one closer to home.

CTSCHICK
07-07-13, 01:06 PM
how could anyone miss the fact the the trim should go behind the weatherstrip. I think you are dealing with a bunch of idiots. Might as well deal with one closer to home.

Yep that is what I figure, If I am going to have to deal with constantly returning for improper repairs I might as well do it closer to me

CTSCHICK
07-11-13, 06:49 AM
Sorry forgot to update this.

Monday the Regional Rep called me just as she told me she would do Friday and followed up on if everything was repaired correctly and if my moon roof was quiet and ect.
I told her about the B Pillar and ect and how my b.f. friend fixed it for me since it would be quicker and less of a hassle since this car is or hopefully was the only stress in my life

tinman
07-11-13, 08:51 AM
CTSCHICK, remember (and I know you do) that I have had three transmission failures within two months. That being said, I received a follow up call from someone at "GM Executive Headquarters" (who I think is a third party service). Regardless, they asked me, "How was my dealer"? Since I had my car in there numerous times, what "extras" did they throw at me?

My answer was, "They went out of their way to do nothing".

He went, "Oh".

I added, "Remember we are here in Florida. Their customer lounge doesn't even offer a bottle of water. You have to find a small styrofoam cup and get a drink of tap water". I then hear him typing.

He offered this: GM will pay one car payment for me or they will offer some type of "Component Coverage Letter".

I own my car outright, so I took the Letter. I will see what that actually amounts to, if anything, but at least they tried to make amends.

Hopefully they will reach out to you.

CTSCHICK
07-11-13, 09:11 AM
Haha yeh I been there with transmissions whole different lengthy story lol

I still have a bunch of GM surveys to fill out in my email box but I doubt a $hit storm will start after I eventually fill them out with my recent experiences.

Either way I dropped all of my plans on buying an ATS Performance or Premium which if I would have stuck with my original plan I would either be waiting for one to built to my spec's or I would already have one.
All this B.S. diverted my attention and took away my interest.

tinman
07-11-13, 09:28 AM
Understood. Still, if an ATS Hatch or Wagon are offered I might be interested, but only after two model years are under their belts. I don't like being a beta tester.

CTSCHICK
07-31-13, 09:11 PM
And the Saga continues
I have been waiting to see if my car is straightened out before taking a small vacation,
Other than getting my b.f. to fix the B pillar trim I decided to wait on cleaning up after the last repair because there was still a few greasey finger prints.
No more interior noise's and ect so I figured the last repair was good enough so I scheduled my short vacation and I decided to fully detail the interior and clean the couple finger prints with some Seltzer water.
I go to clean the inside of my moon roof glass from the back seat and I look up and there is 2 scratches in the inside of my rear moon roof glass panel, The scratches are deep enough to catch my finger nails.
I could never see them from the outside or from the front seat so I never noticed them until sitting in my back seat which was the first time I have sat in the back since the last repair.

The Regional Rep told me to contact her if any future problems came up from the piss poor repairs so I did so earlier.

Those M F'rs gave me the F'd up gift that keeps on giving.

I already wasn't going back to that previous dealer Holman Cadillac of Mount Laurel N.J.

I am pissed off more than I have been in years

Picture below of the scratches

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w1xtw1.jpg

Tbbt
07-31-13, 09:41 PM
Holy shite! Unbelievable!

I know you are hot, I would be too. But, remember it's the lousy dealership and not Cadillac.

Marv

CTSCHICK
07-31-13, 10:46 PM
Yeh I am not blaming Cadillac yet anyways but it is a serious enough issue along with a consistent documented history of poor repairs and damage that it should be their problem and they should make sure it is taken care of.

I am just going to cool down and wait and see what my Regional Rep has to say.

The only good thing in my favor right now is from what my b.f. says is they don't have to take apart my interior again just to remove the moon roof glass panels.
He said all they should have to do is remove the front glass panel then remove the rear glass panel, 4 screws in each panel to replace it, then reinstall and adjust the height of the glass panels to Gm spec then confirm everything works.

Pdabs
07-31-13, 11:42 PM
Have you owned the car since new?
If not , is possible that it was caused by previous owner? Before you start pointing fingers, perhaps it's been there the whole time.

CTSCHICK
08-01-13, 12:07 AM
Have you owned the car since new?
If not , is possible that it was caused by previous owner? Before you start pointing fingers, perhaps it's been there the whole time.

I am the 2nd owner, Prior to the repairs the interior was in Mint condition it looked like no one ever even sat in the back.
I have cleaned the moon roof glass at least 4 times since buying it and no they was not there.
If you haven't read the my entire thread my moon roof glass panels were removed and reinstalled 3 times prior to this, not counting the other damage they did to my car, a long with not putting the car back together completely and or correctly the last 3 times.

And perhaps the scratches on the glass are directly lined up with a mounting screw on the rear glass panel and a result from what ever tool they used to tighten the screw.

Pdabs
08-01-13, 12:56 AM
I read most if it.

I think you're from the shore area, but brogan Cadillac in Totowa has been really good.

CTSCHICK
08-01-13, 01:21 AM
I am in Bergen County not the shore

MaxBuck
08-01-13, 09:15 AM
Holy shite! Unbelievable!

I know you are hot, I would be too. But, remember it's the lousy dealership and not Cadillac.

MarvI'm not sure it's fair to let Cadillac entirely off the hook here.

When I was a kid my family owned Caddys, and the dealerships were uniformly excellent. It seemed like Cadillac dealerships were a lot like Mercedes and Lexus dealerships today: a businessman needed to continually demonstrate excellence in customer service in order to retain the franchise. I don't see evidence that 2013 Cadillac dealerships operate under the same corporate scrutiny.

Probably resulting partly from the bankruptcy of GM and the various forms of fallout, but from what I see, Cadillac dealerships today aren't a lot different from those of Ford, Chevy and Chrysler.

C "T" ess
08-01-13, 12:53 PM
CTSCHICK, I hate to say it but maybe just leave it alone. This dealer will most likely make everything worse. There are plastic polishes; I use Meguires that will buff out scratches in the synthetic panels that make up your moon roof.

CTSCHICK
08-01-13, 01:14 PM
The larger scratch in the glass is to deep to sand out with out creating distortions in the glass.
And if it was possible the proper way to do it would require removing the glass panel anyways and doing it on a work bench

Returning to Holman Cadillac is not even an option I would consider anymore.
I was easy going about all these problems and accepted some of the small things that still irk the crap out of me but I am not accepting this.

Surfstix
08-03-13, 02:46 PM
Yep nothing got fixed again got some BS story again besides the usual could not duplicate the new one is we would have to further diagnose it and it may not be covered under warranty...WTF...I don't know what this GMPP warranty is for.

Douglas Rome
08-04-13, 03:54 PM
Hello WEMTX,

I am sorry your Email was never interacted with. Katie is no longer part of our team; we have been in the process of transitioning new customer service agent's which include myself and Gregory to the Cadillac forum. We do our best to help assist our customers and make contact with the appropriate people to further assist them if needed. If you would like to discuss any concerns or issues, please private message me and we can continue our interaction.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

I'm interested in a job working for Cadillac in your department. Please advise.
thanks, Douglas

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-04-13, 08:05 PM
I'm interested in a job working for Cadillac in your department. Please advise.
thanks, Douglas
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for your interest in working for our company in this department! I am not sure if there are any openings at this time, but feel free to check out our careers page on our website! Here is a link to it if you need it: http://careers.gm.com/#.html. Thank you very much for reaching out to us with your interest in our company!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

CTSCHICK
08-05-13, 03:55 PM
Thank you for all of the Help Laura & Co.

Just dropped my CTS off, There was no denying the damage.

The rear glass panel is being replaced with a brand new one.

C "T" ess
08-06-13, 11:47 AM
CTSCHICK, by the time you get all of this sorted out, you will be ready for a new car without ever having the chance to enjoy this one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-06-13, 11:49 AM
Thank you for all of the Help Laura & Co.

Just dropped my CTS off, There was no denying the damage.

The rear glass panel is being replaced with a brand new one.

Hello Amy,

You are more than welcome. We are here to assist. I am glad your dealership is taking care of your rear glass panel for you. You know how to contact us if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

CTSCHICK
08-10-13, 09:26 PM
Picked up my CTS today and purposely took it on a 100+ mile drive through P.A. to see if I or my b.f. could notice any problems
New rear glass panel is all good, no further damage, everything is silent so far.

My CTS had to go back to the same dealer that did the damage.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-10-13, 10:41 PM
Hello CTSCHICK,

Glad to hear that there was no further damage and that the rear glass panel is good as well. Thank you very much for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care