: Aiiraid CIA problem

mavershang
06-06-13, 04:05 PM
Hi guys. I want to add a airaid cool air intake on my 2010 CTS 3.0L. But get confused about

1) Does the oiled filter or dry filter have better performance?
2) Is the carbon fiber finish painting version better than the normal version?
3) How many hp could be gained by this?

Thanks. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

waunakee wayne
06-06-13, 05:14 PM
Just installed one on my 3.6(Plain Black) , first the carbon fiber is cosmetic,so if you need a little bling,bling than that's it. Actual filter -oiled,un-oiled,I going to say preference at this point. The oiled one you can reuse as long as you clean it with soap & water than re-oil. I have always used a oiled K&N filter in the past and loved it but I cleaned it every 15000 miles, but I couldn't find one for my car so I went with the Air raid.And the one I purchased was the dry filter. I think its good for a good long time, but I will probably replace in 50k.As far as performance I won't go out and say it does much, but I installed with a aftermarket exhaust and it does respond better. Stand alone CAI , I will say you can hear the induction system howl a little bit.I don't know about actual increase in HP. Hope this helped a little, good luck.

mavershang
06-06-13, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. But now I am wandering: since there is no hp gain, the engine noise increase, and the risk of sealing problem, then why should we replace the stock with airaid CIA?

Just installed one on my 3.6(Plain Black) , first the carbon fiber is cosmetic,so if you need a little bling,bling than that's it. Actual filter -oiled,un-oiled,I going to say preference at this point. The oiled one you can reuse as long as you clean it with soap & water than re-oil. I have always used a oiled K&N filter in the past and loved it but I cleaned it every 15000 miles, but I couldn't find one for my car so I went with the Air raid.And the one I purchased was the dry filter. I think its good for a good long time, but I will probably replace in 50k.As far as performance I won't go out and say it does much, but I installed with a aftermarket exhaust and it does respond better. Stand alone CAI , I will say you can hear the induction system howl a little bit.I don't know about actual increase in HP. Hope this helped a little, good luck.