: TPMS Sensors problems

DavidPR
06-06-13, 02:20 PM
I had my left front tire sensor failing intermittently for the last month. Searched online, appears to be a common issue. Went in for service, dealer changed it, and it is fixed. But immediately after the right front sensor goes off? Bad luck, strange coincidence? Or is something going on in the system itself beyond the sensors? Is there anything that the dealer service could have done to precipitate the other sensor failure? (example: pumping air in the tires?)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-13, 10:12 PM
I apologize you are experiencing issues with your TPMS. Have you reached back out to your dealership about the right sensor going out to see if it was something that precipitated from their work? If you would like assistance in working with them, I would be more than happy to assist you in that aspect.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

PNBLWZD
06-06-13, 11:54 PM
Each TPMS sensor does use a tiny battery, so in theory they could all start failing around the same time if manufactured at the same time. The TPMS sensor itself is just a wireless pressure sending unit that transmits all the time. Seems kinda soon for it/them to fail on an 09 though unless they were already on the shelf for a while, I've had older ones still working without issue.