: weird happen 6/5

grullon10
06-06-13, 01:37 PM
To all my dts compadres. Like the ny yankees radio announser saids look out for the bolt that hold the ac compresor cluch coming off. Yesterday I was driving around nyc when my ac stop working. Thinking that it was a bad fuse I went to look at the fuse box on my06 dts. That was when I notice that the front part of ac the compressor was comming off. Thanks godthat I notice because if I would have lost that part I would had to buy a new ac compressor. Guys keep a look for that new thing go in bad in our cars.

RippyPartsDept
06-06-13, 01:46 PM
that's very uncommon

grullon10
06-06-13, 07:20 PM
Un common things happen to these cars

StuJac
06-07-13, 09:04 AM
Not really. I'm on my 4th and I can't ever think of something "uncommon" happening. Mine have been like tanks, pretty indestructible and reliable.

MoistCabbage
06-07-13, 03:17 PM
Some things are common, some are uncommon. Uncommon doesn't mean impossible.

Regardless. Drive your cars, maintain them correctly, and don't waste time worrying about what MIGHT fail.

grullon10
06-07-13, 08:31 PM
Its mean that doing the timming guides 2s times in 4 years is a common thing or the only way to fits the problem with code p0411 is by removing the exuast manifold by the fire wall and cleanning 4 small holes on head valve because they get clog with carbon that is a common thing. The northstar engine has bean a bad motor from it introduction in the early 90s.

Jesda
06-08-13, 06:59 AM
Best way to keep carbon deposits out is to drive it hard once in a while. Do a few hard launches from 0-70mph.

As for that bolt, good tip. Did you buy this car new? I wonder if the compressor was replaced but the bolt wasnt torqued properly?

Tom's Caddy
06-08-13, 11:04 AM
grullon10 do you think with all the work that has been done to you're engine that it is possible that bolt could have been made loose from those repairs or do you think it came loose on its own or from the factory?

Superjim
06-08-13, 01:14 PM
Its mean that doing the timming guides 2s times in 4 years is a common thing or the only way to fits the problem with code p0411 is by removing the exuast manifold by the fire wall and cleanning 4 small holes on head valve because they get clog with carbon that is a common thing. The northstar engine has bean a bad motor from it introduction in the early 90s.

Grullon10...
I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your car... but not all NorthStars are bad engines.
Mine has almost 130,000 miles on it and NONE of that stuff has ever happened to mine.
The only time a wrench has ever touched the engine was a few years ago, when it was still under warranty.
It had a slight oil seep between the case halves.

Other than that... it has never been worked on at all.
I probably should change the plugs, I bought a set about two years ago, but it is still running great, so I hate to mess with it.
I just change the oil when needed, run Top Tier Premium fuel and drive the heck out of it.

MoistCabbage
06-08-13, 07:22 PM
Its mean that doing the timming guides 2s times in 4 years is a common thingThat is most definitely NOT common.

or the only way to fits the problem with code p0411 is by removing the exuast manifold by the fire wall and cleanning 4 small holes on head valve because they get clog with carbon that is a common thing.Also NOT common.

The northstar engine has bean a bad motor from it introduction in the early 90s.Other than the over exaggerated HG bolt hole thread issue, and oil leaks, the Northstar is pretty bullet proof mechanically.

grullon10
06-09-13, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys, I was thinking of getting another car a different model. Now I may stay with the dts I'm going to star looking for a 10 or 11.

StuJac
06-09-13, 02:41 PM
I advise against an '11. Never buy a car in the last year of it's model run. There are millions of parts sitting on assembly shelves that didn't fit properly that they will now make fit before throwing away. Just my opinion. Also, beginning in 2009, they began removing options. I'd look for a low mileage (anything under 50) 08 if I were you.

ronm01
06-09-13, 05:23 PM
Does this fit in with the warning to never buy a car assembled on Monday's because most of the line workers are hung-over from partying so hard over the weekend?

BTW, my DTS is a 2010. What options or features were deleted from the 2009 or earlier DTS models that might give me buyer's remorse?

I advise against an '11. Never buy a car in the last year of it's model run. There are millions of parts sitting on assembly shelves that didn't fit properly that they will now make fit before throwing away. Just my opinion. Also, beginning in 2009, they began removing options. I'd look for a low mileage (anything under 50) 08 if I were you.

StuJac
06-09-13, 07:22 PM
I never paid attention to the "what day of the week was it made" but I'm not discounting that there may be something there. I'll give you one minor option they took away after 08, the power rear sun-shade. There may have been other things but I love my sunshade and it disappeared after 08. I also have the heated windshield washer fluid but that's a different story as to why it ceased being available.

MoistCabbage
06-09-13, 11:45 PM
Never buy a car in the last year of it's model run. There are millions of parts sitting on assembly shelves that didn't fit properly that they will now make fit before throwing away.That was intended as a joke, right?

ronm01
06-10-13, 03:24 AM
I never paid attention to the "what day of the week was it made" but I'm not discounting that there may be something there. I'll give you one minor option they took away after 08, the power rear sun-shade. There may have been other things but I love my sunshade and it disappeared after 08. I also have the heated windshield washer fluid but that's a different story as to why it ceased being available.

Sorry about your loss of the sun-shade & the heated windshield washer fluid. I'm truly not making light of your disappointment with the loss of these features, but I've never had either on any previous car, so I don't miss them... therefore, no buyer remorse at this time for me. I seriously hope that further technological advances have helped to assuage your feeling of loss for these features and have given you a greater overall appreciation for your newer DTS. Regards, Ron

StuJac
06-10-13, 09:25 AM
No, it's not a joke. I've heard it more than a few times although I can offer no studies or links.

MoistCabbage
06-10-13, 01:15 PM
Automotive parts are manufactured to a high level of precision, and quality control is strict. If a part doesn't fit properly during assembly, it's discarded, not put on a shelf.

Even if that wasn't the case, and there were stockpiles of defective components, how many shelves of I'll fitting parts would it take to build an entire model year worth of vehicles?

Why would they use them to begin with? New parts are available years, even decades after a particular model is redesigned, or goes out of production, otherwise dealer parts departments wouldn't exist.

StuJac
06-11-13, 09:10 AM
Dude-what the eff are you talking about? I have everything on my car that I want and more. I've got more on my car than you have on yours. You need to read (if possible) before posting. I have the sunshade, I have the heated washers (you do not have either), etc. Grow up.

grullon10
06-11-13, 02:54 PM
Guys relax I open this post is for our dts friends to look out for the ac compressor bot coming off the one at the front of the unit. Not for what our cars come with remmenber our cars have 3 lever fron reg to plat.

MoistCabbage
06-11-13, 04:08 PM
Dude-what the eff are you talking about? I have everything on my car that I want and more. I've got more on my car than you have on yours. You need to read (if possible) before posting. I have the sunshade, I have the heated washers (you do not have either), etc. Grow up.

What? :hmm: