: Supercharged CTS-V

MikeyVSeries
01-28-05, 12:07 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=236&sort=2&cat=10&page=2

who is selling that beast?!??!! are they a forum member, if so does anyone know what that runs in the 1/4? I am very curious.. also hes selling it for 70 grand.. how much was the supercharger.. looks like he's trying to get all of his money back.. and WHY IS HE SELLING IT!!!!!! I could never!

danbuc
01-28-05, 12:15 PM
More Performance is selling it. They are a vendor here, and sell parts ans stuff for the CTS-V. It looks to me like they built this as a test mule for the supercharger, and now need to sell it.

That engine is 383ci. Looks like its had some serious work done to it. I think 525 rwhp in a CTS-V is worth $70,000. I'm sure they've invested more than $20,000 into it.

MikeyVSeries
01-28-05, 12:20 PM
I want to see that thing on a track ... 525 rwp :) :) :)

Geno
01-28-05, 05:11 PM
I got to take a ride in it last August and it is seriously fast. Not only does it kick you in the pants, the power seems to go on forever. Lotta fun!:bouncy:

Groo-V
01-28-05, 06:35 PM
I got to take a ride in it last August and it is seriously fast. Not only does it kick you in the pants, the power seems to go on forever. Lotta fun!:bouncy:

I don't want to go down this path, but my curiousity has got me going. How bad was the wheel hop with 525 rwhp?

MikeyVSeries
01-28-05, 06:39 PM
lol i was gonna ask but i didnt want to.

BeelzeBob
01-28-05, 07:31 PM
That's our Classified system which is interconnected with the forums. Just click the name beneath "For Sale By" and you'll see the member's profile...

Geno
01-28-05, 09:12 PM
I don't want to go down this path, but my curiousity has got me going. How bad was the wheel hop with 525 rwhp?

The More Performance CTS-V did not exhibit the dreaded wheel hop. The several acceleration runs were either rolling starts or starts where the RPM were brought up enough to launch the car without boiling the tires. The More V had enough oats to lay you back in the seat, I did not notice any wheel hop. The impression I came away with is this V was like a rocket, in that it kept accelerating. Maybe I didn't notice the wheel hop because of the blood pooling in the back of my brain.

I would suspect that if the RPM were brought way up and the hammer was dropped, eventually something would have to give. Of course if you drop the hammer enough times you can break anything.

drdsgolf
01-29-05, 01:41 AM
I always wonder if a car is designed with a particular engine whether key parts will hold up if you up the ante like this. How well will the clutch and front wheel bearings hold up with this kind of a bump in horsepower?

ds

DgtalPimp
01-29-05, 01:43 AM
525 RWHP can't hop but 400 crank can ? :confused:

V-Beach
01-29-05, 05:07 PM
525 RWHP can't hop but 400 crank can ? :confused:

Dgtal,
On your site you have a mpeg of a Platinum V doing a burnout with no hop. It makes me wonder who, what, when, where, why and how.....

wildwhl
01-29-05, 06:29 PM
I'll say it one more time:

BMR AWH kit with GSD3's (even with the runflats hop was minimized) AND make sure the cradle botls are tight as hell! I can lay rubber at will, and can't wait for the MagI/C to really fry some tires (diffs?)!

DgtalPimp
01-29-05, 11:05 PM
Dgtal,
On your site you have a mpeg of a Platinum V doing a burnout with no hop. It makes me wonder who, what, when, where, why and how.....
This link http://www.dgtalpimp.com/Vburnout.mpeg is of a video from R and T or some other show. I am unsure what/why/how they got the car to spin without hopping.