: rear park assist keeps beeping

jjtwomey
06-05-13, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know why my park assist beeps like something is close when I drop it in reverse despite nothing being near me

It doesn't say service it or anything on the dash

mikedyk43
06-05-13, 11:38 PM
If the red LED is lit on the back column, you might try cleaning off all of the sensors on the rear bumper.

the cadillac man
06-06-13, 02:18 AM
I second what mike said as mine has done this before and cleaning the sensors fixed it

rfishoutofwater
06-06-13, 04:09 PM
You could also have a broken sensor and ots hanging down facing the pavement. I have one that needs replacing and found this happening on mine. I just tucked mine up out of the way for now until i get a replacement

Silent_Assasin
06-09-13, 01:52 AM
I would think one of the recent post should be your problem! ...but also I know on my dads '12 for some reason if you have a ball in the receiver it will set it off sometimes!....no clue why, but it gets very annoying at times!

the cadillac man
06-09-13, 03:04 AM
I would think one of the recent post should be your problem! ...but also I know on my dads '12 for some reason if you have a ball in the receiver it will set it off sometimes!....no clue why, but it gets very annoying at times!

It detects the ball in the recivier(there is a button to shut the system off for when you tow a trailer)

jjtwomey
06-17-13, 01:25 AM
It detects the ball in the recivier(there is a button to shut the system off for when you tow a trailer)

Yup I'm an idiot, I forgot that I switched my normal hitch to a 3 ball hitch, and it was picking up the extra balls.
Thanks everybody, great tips on things to check in future when it may not be as simple as a trailer hitch