: Audible chime, no fault light indicated

Rifle and rucksack
06-05-13, 09:44 PM
I took my 3.6 premium on its first road trip this weekend, about 1200 miles there and back total. While at a moderate speed (45 to 55 mph) there was a chime like when you leave your keys in the ignition or your door open. This happened twice but I looked at the message display center while it was going and everything was normal. It happened the first time a few months back. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan to make an appointment for service this weekend to see if it may be time for an oil change.

blue_skies
06-05-13, 11:02 PM
This was discussed in another thread - it happens when you leave something on the passenger seat, such as notebook, laptop, tablet, purse, etc.

The car motion triggers the weight sensor, hence the chime.

Rifle and rucksack
06-06-13, 07:53 AM
This was discussed in another thread - it happens when you leave something on the passenger seat, such as notebook, laptop, tablet, purse, etc.

The car motion triggers the weight sensor, hence the chime.

Hey thanks! I guess that would explain it. I think I had a phone and camera on the seat.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-13, 02:20 PM
I took my 3.6 premium on its first road trip this weekend, about 1200 miles there and back total. While at a moderate speed (45 to 55 mph) there was a chime like when you leave your keys in the ignition or your door open. This happened twice but I looked at the message display center while it was going and everything was normal. It happened the first time a few months back. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan to make an appointment for service this weekend to see if it may be time for an oil change.

Hi Rifle and rucksack,

I hope you enjoyed your road trip! That sounds like fun, I love taking road trips. I see that blue_skies was able to help answer your question. If any additional questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Rifle and rucksack
06-06-13, 09:05 PM
Hi Rifle and rucksack,

I hope you enjoyed your road trip! That sounds like fun, I love taking road trips. I see that blue_skies was able to help answer your question. If any additional questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.

Thanks Laura!

pever
06-07-13, 08:07 AM
I have found a spot on my passenger seat where I can put my iPhone and the seat belt alert chimes most of the time. Talk about sensitive! Guess you could use that to override the CUE prohibition against the driver making some changes in CUE while driving.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 08:21 AM
Thanks Laura!

You are welcome Rifle and rucksack!

Laura M.