: 4th stock radio being installed...

AmerLux
06-05-13, 09:25 PM
Got my ATS in Dec, the base non CUE radio hasn't worked correctly since day one. In the dealership 5 times and right now the fourth radio since new is being installed. Five trips taking two days a piece with enterprise rentals being provided at no cost to me.
This can't be considered normal correct?

73JPS
06-05-13, 10:15 PM
Were I a mechanic or a service adviser, I would probably at this point be looking for some other anomaly that is causing your radio to fail, rather than just replacing the head unit, then replacing the head unit, then replacing the... Well, you get the idea.

What symptoms were you experiencing that caused the dealer to replace the radio... over and over again?

Hoosier Daddy
06-05-13, 10:20 PM
Next time take it to another dealer. The odds against getting 4 bad radios in a row are astonomical. The dealer is screwing up the installation OR misdiagnosed the problem in the first place.

Dave3283
06-05-13, 10:31 PM
Definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

AmerLux
06-05-13, 11:18 PM
Strange actions like
1 no volume upon start up until i cycle through the inputs (xm fm am back to xm) then BAM I got volume control.
2 XM signal blocked looking for signal is displayed on the screen until I shut the car off and restart.
3 Max volume upon start up setting wont stay set.
4 One station will "get stuck" no channel change/no volume control and no AC control.
5 steering wheel buttons have no back light and are non-functional and the screen on the instrument cluster is black no graphics.

All these things are intermittent, however not a day goes by where none of these things happen.

73JPS
06-05-13, 11:56 PM
Next time take it to another dealer. The odds against getting 4 bad radios in a row are astonomical. The dealer is screwing up the installation OR misdiagnosed the problem in the first place.

My vote is the latter. I must admit that the dealership service department seems to be slightly dense, or at least egregiously lacking in curiosity to perform the same replacement THREE times without questioning the possibility of different root cause. :banghead:

Hoosier Daddy
06-06-13, 12:44 AM
My vote is the latter. I must admit that the dealership service department seems to be slightly dense, or at least egregiously lacking in curiosity to perform the same replacement THREE times without questioning the possibility of different root cause. :banghead:
Well if it is one of those few jobs that takes less time than GM pays for, they might LOVE to keep doing it over and over.

CTSCHICK
06-06-13, 12:56 AM
Having had 3 ATS loaners I can believe it because all 3 of them have had random inconsistencies or glitches like what you listed along with Shuffle resetting to off and ect..

AmerLux
06-06-13, 11:37 AM
Because of the intermittent nature of these issues I started to film the dash with my iPhone. Taking these videos is my only recourse. I've got no proof any of this is happening with out that footage.
The dealership says the car acts perfect when in their hands, while they've been nothing but pleasant to work with, it seems to be out of hand at this point.

AmerLux
06-07-13, 10:07 AM
Got the ATS back last night. Radio #4 had no volume when I started it up this morning. Dealership has been made aware, this car hates me!

Dave3283
06-07-13, 11:24 AM
Sorry to say, but kinda funny.

Go 49'ers.

SLA
06-07-13, 11:31 AM
It must be something in the car's wiring. A loose ground can cause all kinds of strange electrical behavior.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 01:52 PM
Got the ATS back last night. Radio #4 had no volume when I started it up this morning. Dealership has been made aware, this car hates me!

Hello AmerLux,

I am sorry your vehicle is giving you a hard time. I understand how it can be frustrating to have it work perfectly while in the hands of the dealership, therefore making it impossible for them to fix if they cannot trace the root of the problem. Glad to hear they are pleasant to work with. Please keep us updated, and if you need to discuss concerns or issues further, feel free to private message me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

z06bigbird
06-09-13, 03:16 AM
Confucius once say "Repeating the same behavior several times and expecting different results keeps psychiatrists in business."

This is also the definition for neuroses.

AmerLux
06-09-13, 10:36 AM
The dealership and I will have a serious talk tomorrow about what the next step is. Something has to give...

barlowc
06-09-13, 10:36 AM
Hi guys! New member here, but this thread caught my eye because I too found what I believe to be a few bugs in the base, non-CUE infotainment system. I've only had my ATS one week and it only has a total of 600 miles on the odometer, but it was produced in October of last year. That leaves me wondering if there might be a software update or something. Anyway, the two issues I've noticed are:

1) Given that the radio information is displayed in the screen in the center stack, I don't also need it in the center area of the DIC under the speedometer. So I switched that over to Nav which gives me a compass. (I have Trip1 and Fuel Range in the left and right areas respectively.) Anyway, sometimes the center area stays configured the way I have it, but sometimes upon startup it reverts back to displaying the radiio information.

2) I always listen to XM and it's on one such station when I turn the car off. Sometimes that same station is playing when I start the car up, but occasionally it has switched itself over to AM or XM. When this occurs, I also notice that the Auto setting for the number of favorites to display has changed to 25.

I've spoken with a Service Advisor at my Dealer and he's not heard of any such issues. He said when I bring the car in he'll give me a loaner for the day because he'll have to contact GM. But given the intermittent nature of the problem I'm concerned it's going to result in a situation like AmerLux's.

Anyone else experienced these issues?

cbutcho
06-09-13, 01:41 PM
By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS. I also have issues with the SD card and the USB ports as there is a "pop" or "scratch" sound everytime a new song starts and also the system will not recognise more than about 100 songs per forder. I am sure that all the issues reported are software related and I am convinced that units are all the same except that only few people reported the issues so far. I just live with the issues as I have learned to cope with them but it is quite disappointing to see that nobody at Cadillac cared about testing the unit before being released to production.

barlowc
06-09-13, 02:38 PM
By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS.
cbutcho, do you have the same two issues that I described, or the larger set that the OP mentioned?

Dave623
06-10-13, 10:21 AM
Hi all. The radio is more than just a radio -- it's also the central processor for all of the computers. Dealer must first try to recalibrate. If that fails, it's an internal failure and radio needs to be replaced. If there are still problems with a new radio or after a successful recalibration, then it's probably a ground loop feedback and good luck finding that. My base ATS has so many electrical gremlins, I've opened a case with GM/Cadillac. After six months, my dealer's actually given up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 10:55 AM
Hi guys! New member here, but this thread caught my eye because I too found what I believe to be a few bugs in the base, non-CUE infotainment system. I've only had my ATS one week and it only has a total of 600 miles on the odometer, but it was produced in October of last year. That leaves me wondering if there might be a software update or something. Anyway, the two issues I've noticed are:

1) Given that the radio information is displayed in the screen in the center stack, I don't also need it in the center area of the DIC under the speedometer. So I switched that over to Nav which gives me a compass. (I have Trip1 and Fuel Range in the left and right areas respectively.) Anyway, sometimes the center area stays configured the way I have it, but sometimes upon startup it reverts back to displaying the radiio information.

2) I always listen to XM and it's on one such station when I turn the car off. Sometimes that same station is playing when I start the car up, but occasionally it has switched itself over to AM or XM. When this occurs, I also notice that the Auto setting for the number of favorites to display has changed to 25.

I've spoken with a Service Advisor at my Dealer and he's not heard of any such issues. He said when I bring the car in he'll give me a loaner for the day because he'll have to contact GM. But given the intermittent nature of the problem I'm concerned it's going to result in a situation like AmerLux's.

Anyone else experienced these issues?

Hello barlowc,

Welcome to the forum! It is a great way to stay connected and get great advice from other Cadillac owners and lovers. I apologize you are experiencing issues with your ATS after owning it for such a short period of time. If you would like to discuss your concerns, can you please private message me and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. If private message doesn't work because you are new to the forum, I can also be reached at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN LAURA".

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 02:08 PM
By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS. I also have issues with the SD card and the USB ports as there is a "pop" or "scratch" sound everytime a new song starts and also the system will not recognise more than about 100 songs per forder. I am sure that all the issues reported are software related and I am convinced that units are all the same except that only few people reported the issues so far. I just live with the issues as I have learned to cope with them but it is quite disappointing to see that nobody at Cadillac cared about testing the unit before being released to production.

Hello cbutcho,

I apologize you are experiencing non-cue issues with your ATS. If you would like to further discuss these concerns or have any questions, please reach out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

AmerLux
06-10-13, 03:18 PM
Great to know I'm not alone on this. Hope we find fix for these issues...love this car, I just want it to work correctly.

AmerLux
06-18-13, 11:26 PM
Update: the newest radio has had the exact same issues as the previously installed units. Cadillac tech line advised my dealership to check for updates on the radio that was manufactured after the the most recent update was made available. No surprise the radio was up to date.

Service # 8 and counting...the dealership has been in constant contact with me throughout this six month ordeal and Cadillac customer service has called me 5 or 6 times they have been attentive & concerned.
Despite all this the car is NO closer to being functional. Unresolved issues since day one back in December.

barlowc
06-19-13, 10:17 AM
Service # 8 and counting...the dealership has been in constant contact with me throughout this six month ordeal and Cadillac customer service has called me 5 or 6 times they have been attentive & concerned. Despite all this the car is NO closer to being functional. Unresolved issues since day one back in December.
Does Georgia have any kind of Lemon Law? I'm sure it's a PITA process, but you seem to have a valid case.

AmerLux
06-19-13, 06:47 PM
Looking into that, can't see this getting resolved anytime soon.

richardbbarger
06-21-13, 09:29 AM
Does Georgia have any kind of Lemon Law? I'm sure it's a PITA process, but you seem to have a valid case.

Lemon Law or not, you can have the matter arbitrated by your local BBB, as long as you've tried to work it out with GM first. Contact the Council of Better Business Bureaus to learn the procedure. Unlike some manufacturers, GM has agreed to accept the decisions of volunteer arbitrators in cases that go through the CBBB's Auto Line program.

Hoosier Daddy
06-21-13, 10:28 AM
Lemon Law or not, you can have the matter arbitrated by your local BBB, as long as you've tried to work it out with GM first. Contact the Council of Better Business Bureaus to learn the procedure. Unlike some manufacturers, GM has agreed to accept the decisions of volunteer arbitrators in cases that go through the CBBB's Auto Line program.
Good info. I did not know that.

Anyone know if Alan Mulally can volunteer?

AmerLux
06-25-13, 11:34 PM
Update: after the dealership having my ATS for 6 days I got it back this afternoon. The newest diagnosis is the XM radio was set to demo mode since day one. They called XM and had it reset. Lord I hope this gets it done, that being said if this was the issue all along...7 months of ownership that has been less then pleasant...its hard to believe after all the radio replacements and 9 service visits this was overlooked.

Wish me luck this time!

barlowc
06-26-13, 09:29 AM
Good luck with that! I hope it resolves your issues. Though, it would seem strange for XM demo mode to cause so many quirks. So have you had continuous XM service without having to pay for a subscription after the initial 3 months?

My ATS is at the dealer as we speak, having the numerous system quirks diagnosed and hopefully resolved the first time. (Fingers crossed!) One very strange thing I noticed (and added to the list prior to my visit) was that the center zone in the cluster display does not even have the Phone mode that is discussed on Page 5-10 in the Owner's Manual. It only lists options for Audio, Nav, and Settings. How does a bug like that make it into the system without someone noticing?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-13, 11:19 AM
Update: after the dealership having my ATS for 6 days I got it back this afternoon. The newest diagnosis is the XM radio was set to demo mode since day one. They called XM and had it reset. Lord I hope this gets it done, that being said if this was the issue all along...7 months of ownership that has been less then pleasant...its hard to believe after all the radio replacements and 9 service visits this was overlooked.

Wish me luck this time!

Hello AmerLux,

Thanks for the update. I hope your issues are able to be resolved. I want you to enjoy all aspects of your Cadillac! Don't hesitate to reach out to us in the near future.

Laura M.

Hoosier Daddy
06-26-13, 11:40 AM
One very strange thing I noticed (and added to the list prior to my visit) was that the center zone in the cluster display does not even have the Phone mode that is discussed on Page 5-10 in the Owner's Manual. It only lists options for Audio, Nav, and Settings. How does a bug like that make it into the system without someone noticing?
Did you check screen 2 and 3 to make sure Phone didn't get moved there?

barlowc
06-26-13, 11:47 AM
Did you check screen 2 and 3 to make sure Phone didn't get moved there?
By screen 2 and 3 do you mean the other two zones - the left and the right - in the display in the cluster? If so, my understanding (which may be wrong) is that those area can display the various DIC options. The center zone is a bit different and should display Audio, Nav, Phone, and Settings.

Hoosier Daddy
06-26-13, 11:55 AM
By screen 2 and 3 do you mean the other two zones - the left and the right - in the display in the cluster? If so, my understanding (which may be wrong) is that those area can display the various DIC options. The center zone is a bit different and should display Audio, Nav, Phone, and Settings.
No, the CUE touch screen has 3 pages so there is room for future apps and so any apps can be organized the way you want. I have no use for Pandora, so I moved it to page 2 so I didn't have to look at it or accidentally tap it. I'll dio the same for XM when the trial is up. CUE only displays one page at a time. If page 2 or 3 have any apps on them, there will be small dots at the bottom of each page indicating other pages have apps. Just touch the dots to change to the other pages.

barlowc
06-26-13, 12:00 PM
No, the CUE touch screen has 3 pages so there is room for future apps and so any apps can be organized the way you want. I have no use for Pandora, so I moved it to page 2 so I didn't have to look at it or accidentally tap it. CUE only displays one page at a time. If page 2 or 3 have any apps on them, there will be small dots at the bottom of each page indicating other pages have apps. Just touch the dots to change to the other pages.
I see. I don't have CUE; I have the base system.

MASCAD
06-26-13, 12:22 PM

Post deleted.

barlowc
06-26-13, 12:35 PM
The center section will display various options IF you select the particular option to be displayed. Maybe audio isn't selected (checked). Take a look at section 5 in the manual for more detail. It's around page 5-24.
Hmm... I will have to take another look and make sure I haven't missed something and there's a simple solution. But give a) I've reset everything to factory settings more than once, and b) I have a laundry list of other problems with the system, I still tend to think that there's more to it. But thank you for the information!

MASCAD
06-26-13, 02:06 PM
Hmm... I will have to take another look and make sure I haven't missed something and there's a simple solution. But give a) I've reset everything to factory settings more than once, and b) I have a laundry list of other problems with the system, I still tend to think that there's more to it. But thank you for the information!

I actually deleted that post. I was picturing what your problem was and what I said isn't correct for the center section of the DIC. Let me try this again lol. Like you said in an earlier post, when the center section of the DIC is selected there should be 4 icons on the left side of the section--> compass, phone, settings and audio and by scrolling and selecting one, it will be displayed in the center section. Well, that's what is suppose to happen at least.

It seems you are saying that there isn't a audio icon appearing in the center section which you can select. Are there any icons or is just the audio icon missing?

barlowc
06-26-13, 02:21 PM
when the center section of the DIC is selected there should be 4 icons on the left side of the section--> compass, phone, settings and audio and by scrolling and selecting one, it will be displayed in the center section. Well, that's what is suppose to happen at least. It seems you are saying that there isn't a audio icon appearing in the center section which you can select. Are there any icons or is just the audio icon missing?
Exactly. There simply isn't an icon for Phone for select. The other 3 are there.

MASCAD
06-26-13, 03:18 PM
And if you select any of the 3 and it will be displayed in the center section as it should be?

barlowc
06-26-13, 03:24 PM
And if you select any of the 3 and it will be displayed in the center section as it should be?
Correct. Although, one of the items on my laundry list is what I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. If I turn it to Nav and leave it there when I turn off the car, I have a 50/50 change of whether it'll be on Nav or Audio when I start it the next time (which I find really annoying). I just found that the 2013 SRX loaner that I'm driving does the same thing.

cbutcho
06-26-13, 09:55 PM
Update: my non-cue ATS has done something weard last weekend, I heard a click sound when I started the car and I noticed that the clock had reseted to 12:00 exactly the same way when you disconnect the pole of the battery, but my favorites and other settings seemed not affected. The SD card system is a joke to a point were I stopped using it, among other bugs that I reported in my previous report I have noticed a new one lately, the system sometimes remember what song was playing at restart which is what you want but most of the time it starts over to the folder on top of the alphabetic order, it is so annoying to have to drill down in the folders that I have lost patience about it. Anyways, like I said their software was probably not tested enough prior to release, hopefully they will release a software update before I return the car from my 36 months lease. LOL

barlowc
06-27-13, 07:38 PM
Update: After my ATS sat at the dealer for two days without being looked at, they called today and said they reproduced my problem(s) and are replacing the radio / center stack. Oh boy... this sounds like the beginning of the path AmerLux has been on.

AmerLux
06-28-13, 03:18 PM
Update: After my ATS sat at the dealer for two days without being looked at, they called today and said they reproduced my problem(s) and are replacing the radio / center stack. Oh boy... this sounds like the beginning of the path AmerLux has been on.

Good luck man, these nonCUE units are trouble.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-28-13, 05:24 PM

Hello barlowc,

We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience you have encountered thus far. We appreciate your patience and if there is any assistance you need going forward, let us know here and we will get involved. We are here to help.

Reggie B.
Cadillac Customer Care

barlowc
06-28-13, 09:50 PM
Hello barlowc,

We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience you have encountered thus far. We appreciate your patience and if there is any assistance you need going forward, let us know here and we will get involved. We are here to help.

Reggie B.
Cadillac Customer Care
So, further down the AmerLux path I go. The dealer put in a new center stack today and it didn't fix anything. I received a call late this afternoon telling me such. At least they tested the attempted "fix" before returning the vehicle to me. But now I have to wait until Monday when they can again contact GM technical support and figure out what to do next. This REALLY concerns me! I purchase a $40K+ vehicle which has an unknown problem from the get-go. That's not what I signed papers for and I'm wondering if my ATS purchase versus the 328i was a mistake.

Reggie B. @ Cadillac Customer Care, I appreciate your offer of assistance. Can you PM me and let me know how you and the Cadillac Customer Care department can help me with this?

AmerLux, how's your XM-demo "fix" working out for you?

AmerLux
06-29-13, 07:45 PM
The majority of my issues have been good for the last 4 or 5 days. Except the DIC says " no signal may be blocked" for the XM. It will not come back until I turn off the car and restart. The no volume at all upon start up hasn't happened since the last service, it's been less then a week though.

AmerLux
07-05-13, 10:43 PM
Update: the no volume issue has reoccurred! Along with the no signal on the DIC. During my 7 months of ownership Cadillac customer service calls and checks in, they want me to bring the car to in to the dealership (for the 10th time) when this issues are happening. Hard to make it down there when I'm on the way to work or to anywhere for that matter. If I'm in the car 9 times out of 10 I can not detour to the dealership, I'm in the car for a reason, to get to where I MUST BE without being late.
I'm SO over jumping through Cadillac hoops all the while paying the same amount some of you guys are paying for a fully functional ATS.

AmerLux
07-08-13, 11:49 AM
Update: ATS had no volume this morning, took it to the dealership while the issue was occurring. They say the XM antenna/wiring is the cause now. Parts on order, when they arrive this will be service #11 since January...

Dave3283
07-08-13, 12:04 PM
Like owning a VW.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-08-13, 02:40 PM
Update: ATS had no volume this morning, took it to the dealership while the issue was occurring. They say the XM antenna/wiring is the cause now. Parts on order, when they arrive this will be service #11 since January...

Hello AmerLux,

I apologize for all the trouble you have gone through with your vehicle since January. I understand how this can be frustrating. I see the dealer has ordered the parts to fix the antenna/wiring for XM. Please let us know how everything goes after this next service. I can be reached via private message. Feel free to discuss any other questions or concerns with me as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Dave3283
07-08-13, 03:14 PM

Does this mean SD and Bluetooth playback is working. Only radio problems.

AmerLux
07-08-13, 09:59 PM
Does this mean SD and Bluetooth playback is working. Only radio problems.

Hadn't used the Bluetooth for music playback, the ATS w/ standard radio ( no CUE ) is capable of that?

AmerLux
07-18-13, 09:21 PM
Update:
The ATS was at the dealer for the last two days having the XM antenna and wiring replaced. Got it back at 2:00 drove it to work, got back in at 4:30 started the car and NO VOLUME JUST LIKE ITS BEEN SINCE DECEMBER WHEN I GOT IT.
The car has been to the dealers shop 13 TIMES now for various issues. All the other issues have been fixed except this one. My ownership experience has been a nightmare all while paying full price on time every month for 7 months.

I'm done. I have NO CONFIDENCE in this car and I demanded out of this lemon today and they said they'd " explore the possibility "
Lord help me!

Hoosier Daddy
07-18-13, 11:11 PM
Update:
The ATS was at the dealer for the last two days having the XM antenna and wiring replaced. Got it back at 2:00 drove it to work, got back in at 4:30 started the car and NO VOLUME JUST LIKE ITS BEEN SINCE DECEMBER WHEN I GOT IT.
The car has been to the dealers shop 13 TIMES now for various issues. All the other issues have been fixed except this one. My ownership experience has been a nightmare all while paying full price on time every month for 7 months.

I'm done. I have NO CONFIDENCE in this car and I demanded out of this lemon today and they said they'd " explore the possibility "
Lord help me!
The dealer is in over their head on your particular problem.

Be careful with the lemon process. Be familiar with your state's laws and make sure you are accumulating the required documentation while Cadillac does their thing. Don't let any deadlines pass regardless of how well it seems to be going on a voluntary replacement. If you get to the point you have to file with the state, expect all voluntary assistance from Cadillac to cease. I've seen that happen with other automakers and it seems to be SOP from the legal departments.

ben.gators
07-18-13, 11:31 PM
Is there another Cadillac dealership around you? I would say try another dealership to see what they say and what they can do!

AmerLux
07-18-13, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, Cadillac sent a tech from Michigan down to Athens, GA about 3 weeks ago to handle to infotainment issues. Three visits later and all remedies attempted...no dice. I assume another dealership wouldn't be able to out smart the Ace from GM who traveled down here...I've lost all hope.
I am not familiar with Georgia's consumer protection law, however the thirteen dealership services in seven months speak for themselves. I haven't driven the car for 3 consecutive weeks since I signed on the dotted line.

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 12:10 AM
I assume another dealership wouldn't be able to out smart the Ace from GM who traveled down here.
Two questions: (1) Are you serious? (2) How's that working out for you?

ben.gators
07-19-13, 03:15 AM
Trouble shooting or repairing a modern car, or any other modern, sophisticated engineered system don't require a very high IQ or any special talent, rather it is more like following a flowchart or a procedure! The only exception is the case that the fault has not been documented yet and hasn't been embedded into those troubleshooting procedures. I hope your car is not experiencing one of those unknown, undocumented faults! If I were in your shoes, I would still take the car to another dealership! Sometimes people make stupid mistakes. A second opinion wouldn't hurt at all!

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-13, 10:59 AM
Update:

Lord help me!

Hello AmerLux,

I apologize for all the trouble you have experienced with your vehicle. I understand and appreciate how you feel; you do not expect problems when purchasing a new vehicle. I see your dealership has tried to utilize other sources to help remedy your vehicle issues. I am sorry to hear you have lost all hope; we would not want any customer to experience what you have described. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please reach out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Dave3283
07-19-13, 01:08 PM
Hadn't used the Bluetooth for music playback, the ATS w/ standard radio ( no CUE ) is capable of that?

Didn't think antenna or its connection would solve problem. Obviously problem is not with hardware. First couple of times replacing the radio should have given this conclusion. They have a bug in the firmware. I'd say you need new main operating circuits and programming....main car computer.

barlowc
07-19-13, 02:35 PM
Fortunately, resolution of my issue(s) has gone better. While my dealer did not meet my expectations in terms of the level of customer service they delivered, the primary issue I had seems to have been addressed through a) replacement of the radio module, which I believe is something under the glovebox area, and b) replacement of the center stack module. While I have some remaining concerns, through the help of Laura M (i.e. forum member "Cadillac Cust Svc") a District Specialist was assigned to my case and is able to get answers to my questions from the appropriate subject matter expercts at Cadillac/GM. For example, the issue with the Phone mode not being available in the center zone under the speedometer, despite being mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I was able to get a clear answer that vehicles with the base, non-CUE system will not have that mode and that it's an error in the manual. As a result, the confidence in my new Cadillac is rebuilding and I'm excited to drive it again each morning to work, and each evening home.

AmerLux, but this point I'm guessing that a District Specialist is involved and assigned to your case. If not, I bet that's something that Laura M can help you with. And unless you feel that your dealer really is competent and doing everything they can, I might recommend finding another dealer as others have. It seems that dealer technicians don't yet know much about these systems, so unless they're doing thing by the book and being guided by GM TAC along the way (though I imagine they are), that may factor in to the ongoing problems and lack of resolution.

Also, a possible tip for you that I received. Talk to the Service Manager at your dealer and explain your concerns/dissatisfaction with having made payments on a car that doesn't function correctly. I did that and my dealer cut me a check that covered my first payment. Not sure if that truly comes out of the dealer's pocket or that of Cadillac/GM.

barlowc
07-22-13, 10:00 AM
This morning I experienced the "No Radio Volume" problem that AmerLux has been talking about. I had system chimes as I started the vehicle and the Bluetooth connected to my phone, but I had no radio volume. Given that I drive right by the dealer on my way to work, I drove into the service bay and showed them the problem as it was occurring. Once I shut the vehicle off and turned it back on, I had volume. They didn't have any available loaners so I made an appointment for Thursday morning when they do.

AmerLux
07-22-13, 10:54 AM
This morning I experienced the "No Radio Volume" problem that AmerLux has been talking about. I had system chimes as I started the vehicle and the Bluetooth connected to my phone, but I had no radio volume. Given that I drive right by the dealer on my way to work, I drove into the service bay and showed them the problem as it was occurring. Once I shut the vehicle off and turned it back on, I had volume. They didn't have any available loaners so I made an appointment for Thursday morning when they do.
If your issue is the same as mine you'll notice when u "toggle" through XM FM AM the volume will come back. Also if you receive a call via Bluetooth, when the call is finished the volume will come back and of course turning the car on and off will get the volume back.
I wish you luck.

barlowc
07-23-13, 10:42 AM
Now, this morning, I experienced the XM Signal problem that AmerLux described in his past post(s). Upon starting the vehicle, the display in the center stack said "No XM Signal. Signal May Be Blocked." The center zone in the cluster (i.e. under the speedometer) said "No XM Signal. Reception May Be Blocked." I could navigate to AM and FM and get reception sounds, but when returning to XM the problem persisted. I drove straight to the dealer and showed them while it was happening and they've noted it for my service appointment on Thursday.

As I stated in a post over a month ago, "given the intermittent nature of the problem(s) I'm concerned it's going to result in a situation like AmerLux's." It certainly seems like I'm on a similar path. It really frustrates me and has me second-guessing my ATS purchase decision. :bomb:

AmerLux
07-23-13, 11:51 AM
Hard to love the car and all thing right things about it when little things you know aren't happening in other ATS' are happening to yours.
It's a process, I hope Cadillac gets it right with this issue SOON.

barlowc
08-03-13, 03:04 PM
Update: My ATS 2.0T Standard, which has experienced many of the same problems as AmexLux's, has been at dealer for 10 days and they've made zero progress towards resolving the issues. I've been driving another ATS 2.0T Standard as a loaner, and this afternoon it experienced the issue where upon startup, the radio has reset itself, starting on 87.9 FM, and the Number of Favorites Shown setting had changed from 10 to 25. This was the issue mine had the first time I took it in, when they had it for 11 days and said the "fix" required replacement of the radio and I/P center stack. The fact that this loaner has exhibited the same problems makes me wonder if the problem is widespread and will never truly be fixed until the circuitry and/or software of the various components is corrected. I wonder if these problem are limited to the stock non-CUE system and life would be better with CUE?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-03-13, 10:03 PM
Update: My ATS 2.0T Standard, which has experienced many of the same problems as AmexLux's, has been at dealer for 10 days and they've made zero progress towards resolving the issues. I've been driving another ATS 2.0T Standard as a loaner, and this afternoon it experienced the issue where upon startup, the radio has reset itself, starting on 87.9 FM, and the Number of Favorites Shown setting had changed from 10 to 25. This was the issue mine had the first time I took it in, when they had it for 11 days and said the "fix" required replacement of the radio and I/P center stack. The fact that this loaner has exhibited the same problems makes me wonder if the problem is widespread and will never truly be fixed until the circuitry and/or software of the various components is corrected. I wonder if these problem are limited to the stock non-CUE system and life would be better with CUE?
Hello barlowc,

Thank you very much for keeping us updated on the situation with your ATS. I apologize that your vehicle has been at the dealership and haven’t been able to resolve the issue. Did you reach back out to your District Specialist regarding this? Could you private message me your VIN and case number so I can look into your case for you? Thank you very much for keeping us updated.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin
08-04-13, 10:02 AM
Yup. Same issue for me. On a clear blue sky xm just goes away. Then sometimes will back.i personally did a test. Had my wife drive the same area behind me and her Kia. Xm was 100 percent for the Kia.i tried 5 more places and noted that my xm goes bye bye. But Kia keeps on working.so my ?is what is the fx for this can dealer replace the entire cue system because where I get it serviced at cant duplicate the issue WOW what a shocking answer that was.fyi. When I took a loaner car. I ran the same test. Drove to those 5 areas and cue failed again funny it's on a clear day no obstructions. We aren't crazy ats brothers they GM really need to expedite this also. Good luck

rspitler
08-04-13, 10:24 AM
Yup. Same issue for me. On a clear blue sky xm just goes away. Then sometimes will back.i personally did a test. Had my wife drive the same area behind me and her Kia. Xm was 100 percent for the Kia.i tried 5 more places and noted that my xm goes bye bye. But Kia keeps on working.so my ?is what is the fx for this can dealer replace the entire cue system because where I get it serviced at cant duplicate the issue WOW what a shocking answer that was.fyi. When I took a loaner car. I ran the same test. Drove to those 5 areas and cue failed again funny it's on a clear day no obstructions. We aren't crazy ats brothers they GM really need to expedite this also. Good luck

Expedite quickly? Why, because you lost XM for a few seconds? Wow.......

barlowc
08-04-13, 10:35 AM
I might not be understanding Muffin's problem, but mine is more severe than the XM signal being temporarily lost. Mine is such that sometimes when I start the vehicle, it says "No XM Signal". In order to get a signal, I have to turn the vehicle off and then back on. Same with my "No Radio Volume" problem. Sometimes when I start the vehicle, there is no volume for the radio. In order to get volume, I have to turn the vehicle off and then back on. This is what the vehicle is currently in the shop for. My previous problem was that sometimes when I started the vehicle, the radio would have sorted reset itself. It would start on 87.9 FM and some of my settings (e.g. # of favorite to display and maximum startup volume) were reset back to the defaults. The dealer went through a process of reprogramming the radio, reprogramming the BCM, replacing the radio, replacing the I/P center stack, and then replacing the center stack a second time. I haven't seen the problem since, but I only drove the vehicle for a week and a half before the other problems surfaced and I took it back in. My concern is whether replacing components or even the vehicle as a whole is going to solve anything. If this is a problem with the components' circuitry and/or software, the problems will persist until that's fixed.

AmerLux
08-04-13, 06:09 PM
No volume upon start up...just the way it is for some of us w/o the CUE.
No fix on the horizon, there is nothing left to replace on my ATS at this point. I will not be taking it in for a 16th service for this issue.
GM says they are working on a solution...

barlowc
08-04-13, 06:52 PM
No volume upon start up...just the way it is for some of us w/o the CUE.
No fix on the horizon, there is nothing left to replace on my ATS at this point. I will not be taking it in for a 16th service for this issue.
GM says they are working on a solution...
What about replacing our systems with CUE? If you've got one system that doesn't work and another that does, it seems like a viable solution for the time being instead of leaving us new Cadillac owners pissed off and regretting our purchase decisions. And if there's no known fix and this affects all base, non-CUE systems, is GM going to keep pumping them out and selling them to unknowing consumers?

AmerLux
08-04-13, 07:04 PM
That's an option, however doing that to every non CUE ATS made up to this point is pricey...but that's on them for customer satisfaction. I just want some sort of resolution.

barlowc
08-04-13, 07:12 PM
I just want some sort of resolution.
Exactly! Give me a problem-free vehicle or give me my money back and we can part ways.

Muffin
08-04-13, 07:24 PM
Bingo

AmerLux
08-09-13, 01:01 PM
Problem resolved, well sort of. GM bought back the ATS and I'm in a GMC Terrain now. I'll wait for Cadillac to work the bugs out of the ATS and save some $ in the meanwhile.
Happy GM worked with me on the buy back but I already miss the Caddy. Here's hoping the ATS coupe is available in a couple years when the Terrain's lease is up.
Good luck to all of you having issues with the non-CUE radio in these ATS's.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-09-13, 02:04 PM
Problem resolved, well sort of. GM bought back the ATS and I'm in a GMC Terrain now. I'll wait for Cadillac to work the bugs out of the ATS and save some $ in the meanwhile.
Happy GM worked with me on the buy back but I already miss the Caddy. Here's hoping the ATS coupe is available in a couple years when the Terrain's lease is up.

Hello AmerLux,

I see you were able to have your car bought back and find another vehicle to satisfy you. I am sorry you miss your Caddy already and had to experience issues with it. We monitor the Terrain forums too! We can also be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com. So don't hesitate to reach out to us other ways if needed.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

barlowc
08-09-13, 02:52 PM
I'm happy to hear that GM was able to do something for you! Unfortunately, I seem to be on the "AmexLux Path" with my ATS. While it was at the dealer for over two weeks, nothing was done to resolve my problems. They simply noted them as not-reproducible even though I'd driven the car in there and showed them while the problems were happening. I also showed them pictures of the displays and provided detailed write-ups of what happened. I just hope my "journey" has a happy buy-back ending too. As previously stated, it's hard to love the car and all the right things about it when issues like this make us owners feel like it's a complete POS.

Muffin
08-09-13, 07:06 PM
Good luck to all of you having issues with the non-CUE radio in these ATS's..

Did you lemon law this ats?

AmerLux
08-09-13, 11:12 PM
Don't believe we invoked the "lemon law", GM was kind enough to offer this "switch" to another GM product and I was happy to accept. All those services and no fix on the horizon had me ready and willing to listen to any offer from GM.
They really stepped up and I feel they treated me fairly, though I didn't get more than I deserved, all in all it is fair.
My dealership has been wonderful though out this process but I hope I only see them for oil changes in the future!
All things considered, I still have faith in GM. Couldn't say that for the last couple months.

AmerLux
08-09-13, 11:17 PM
Photo I took with my iPhone of the Terrain in a parking lot here locally. Looks like an ad for GMC right?

dishdude
08-10-13, 12:10 PM
Nice Terrain! I had one before my ATS, and I miss the higher ride height.

AmerLux
08-10-13, 01:42 PM
Nice Terrain! I had one before my ATS, and I miss the higher ride height.

Thanks man...And I miss the very well executed interior of the ATS, not that the GMC is poor or anything, that new caddy interior design is gorgeous in the XTS as well, a real improvement over the 2003 CTS I once had.

KatonahCaddy
01-22-14, 07:39 AM
I'm having the same problem described by most... no system volume, at all. No sound for radio (XM, FM, AM), no sound from bluetooth, not even when I call Onstar... I turned the car off and on several times on the side of the road... NOTHING!! I have a 2104 ATS 2.0T AWD w/ CUE system..

Stevo Supremo
01-22-14, 09:18 AM
Yup, the base radio is an epic pile of shit, I hate it so so much, cuts my music out frequently, sounds like ass, I've had a few pixles already go out on it, I've had a few times the display just goes black and wont respond. I've had 3 new radio's put in and they ALL DO THIS!!!!

I dont understand how GM let this pile out of development, they should have just bumped the price of the 2.0 up a smidge and made CUE standard, its total bullshit and my one MASSIVE beef with this car.

Hot Rod Joe
01-22-14, 09:47 AM
So far no issues with my base radio except the SD and USB ports don't work. A trip to the dealer is planned.

I wonder if the electrical bugs we are seeing with the ATS are related to the battery placement and using Aluminum gound points. Does GM use the correct conductive grease on the electrical contacts where they have an interface to Aluminum? This is important as the current surge while starting could cause a momentary local voltage rise of the vehicle ground. Not sure if that would show up in their diagnostic testing unless they were using a the right equipment.

Stevo Supremo
01-22-14, 11:21 AM
So far no issues with my base radio except the SD and USB ports don't work. A trip to the dealer is planned.

I wonder if the electrical bugs we are seeing with the ATS are related to the battery placement and using Aluminum gound points. Does GM use the correct conductive grease on the electrical contacts where they have an interface to Aluminum? This is important as the current surge while starting could cause a momentary local voltage rise of the vehicle ground. Not sure if that would show up in their diagnostic testing unless they were using a the right equipment.

My SD card works but takes a millenium to load the music each time you start the car up. Oh and funny point on the USB, mind doesn't read USB sticks either, I've tried maybe 5 different sticks/brands, every different format you can think of and NOTHING!

what I find is the absolute height of f*** you on Cadillacs end is NOT to allow bluetooth streaming on the stereo, I know its a "base" radio but its still a @%@ing Cadillac and in an age where lowly sonics/sparks and fiesta's get this option and we don't is some serious bullshit, I didn't even read about the stereo in the options list because I just assumed that a Cadillac would have this. I believe the radio has the tech but Cadillac chose not to unlock it I know a few years back GM discovered one of there base equinox somehow had its bluetooth music stream working, apparently it streamed through the bluetooth in the phones and worked. But GM didn't want to allow this on the base stereo so they disabled it for ALL of them.

PetrolHead
01-22-14, 11:41 AM
I was REALLY close to getting a car without CUE, and I was paging through specs and saw "bluetooth audio" a feature of CUE. Looked into it, and noticed it wasn't standard on the base. WHAT!?! I couldn't believe it. It's a feature I use all the time, it pushed me into a car with CUE. Happy about it because I like CUE a lot, I just can't believe bluetooth audio streaming, a feature that comes on even basic aftermarket head units, isn't standard on the ATS.

Stevo Supremo
01-22-14, 12:26 PM
I guess I really shoulda read up... but I just sort of assumed it had it being a BRAND freaking new "cutting edge" cadillac...

PetrolHead
01-22-14, 12:31 PM
I was hours from signing for the car with base radio. I assumed the exact same thing you did. It was by chance that I noticed it too.

Stevo Supremo
01-22-14, 01:12 PM
well as it is I'm on a lease buster site looking through ATS'... none of them have even CLOSE to the lease deal I got though :/ I dont mind paying a bit more but these rates are bad

rustybear3
01-23-14, 04:24 PM
Yup, the base radio is an epic pile of shit, I hate it so so much, cuts my music out frequently, sounds like ass, I've had a few pixles already go out on it, I've had a few times the display just goes black and wont respond. I've had 3 new radio's put in and they ALL DO THIS!!!!

I dont understand how GM let this pile out of development, they should have just bumped the price of the 2.0 up a smidge and made CUE standard, its total bullshit and my one MASSIVE beef with this car.

Well, you could have had the CUE for about $1250 as an option.....not much at all when you consider the massive difference between that and the base radio. Compared to other options, it's probably the best value of them all. Plus, it would have eliminated your headaches :arghh:

Russianhaxor
01-26-14, 03:29 PM
I actually had my CUE replaced on the ATS, and it fixed a ton of issues for me... including my radio acting bizarre.

nyinstaller
02-14-14, 12:59 AM
I had an issue in my cue where the layers were delaminating from each other and bubbles were forming. single trip to the dealer and it was replaced. Most likely taken out of a car in the lot but whatever.

Hot Rod Joe
02-26-14, 09:26 AM
I hate to have to wake up this thread but... My ATS is now at seven days at the dealer for the STD radio. I had an issue with the USB port not working at all. Now, they have replaced the whole radio and I sense the service department is having other problems. Before I borught it in, everything worked as advertised on the radio except the USB.

I've been in an XTS loaner for the week with CUE and the sound is better. I still could either take or leave CUE but would not want to pay $1250 for it.

barlowc
02-26-14, 10:24 AM
Hopefully the dealer's service department has contacted GM's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and is getting guidance from the "experts" there. Laura and the Cadillac Customer Care team that monitors this forum can probably assist you with that if needed.

Hot Rod Joe
02-26-14, 11:28 AM
The dealer says the USB is fixed however the SD port is not compatible with all SD cards. I wonder if my non-compatible card crapped out the radio? I'm going to pick it up soon so we will see. The dealer did have many discussions with GM's TAC on this issue. It would be nice to have a list of devices that work in the media slots.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-26-14, 01:20 PM
The dealer says the USB is fixed however the SD port is not compatible with all SD cards. I wonder if my non-compatible card crapped out the radio? I'm going to pick it up soon so we will see. The dealer did have many discussions with GM's TAC on this issue. It would be nice to have a list of devices that work in the media slots.

Hi Joe,

barlowc is correct, any of us would be glad to help with any lingering questions you may have about your radio. Please let us know how it is performing once you get it back from the dealer.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

db_outlaw
02-26-14, 04:01 PM
If possible, I think they should just upgrade your car to CUE for free.

barlowc
02-26-14, 04:08 PM
If possible, I think they should just upgrade your car to CUE for free.
I inquired about that back when I was having all my problems and was told by GM/Cadillac that it's not possible. The wiring, harnesses, etc. are different; it's not just plug-n-play.

Hot Rod Joe
02-26-14, 04:36 PM
Is there a list of compatible SD cards and USB devices that is published to work with the non-apple slots for the base radio. The dealer spent a lot of time and effort to find out what I already knew. My devices (USB and SD) work with the cue radio and the Sync in Fords abut not in the ATS with the base radio. So far nothing works. I don't own and don't plan on buying any apple products. It took a full week and a radio replacement for the dealer to come to the same conclusion. We also tried a 2014 in the lot with the base radio and no dice. I'm starting to agree with Stevo that the base radio is crap. Even my daughter's cheap ($18) video camera will work with any SD card. Why cant a $30k plus car use anything? I even called the customer support number 855-428-3669 and while they tried to be helpful, they had no list of devices for the non-apple slots.

Stevo Supremo
02-28-14, 01:57 PM
I love Cadillacs new idea of attracting young buyers, well guess what!! Its guys our age are generally the ones BUYING the cheaper models yet we get ****ed on the things that matter most to us!! like the technology in the STEREO!! HELLO CADILLAC DING DONG ANYONE HOME?!?

I've tried about 5 different cards, all formatted every which way and nothing but bullshit, I'm losing my god damned mind with this radio, if this was a German car the engineer that designed it would be shot at dawn

power_ats
02-28-14, 03:20 PM
Crazyness!

Stevo Supremo
02-28-14, 04:23 PM
I've managed to get it to read a USB stick now finally! I had to format it to "FAT" my computer doesn't have that option normally so I had to dig and format it through the cmd as FAT32 and exFAT dont work. It read a few songs but for some reason it can't read more than 15 artist folders, after the first 15 it just cuts it off.... :bighead:

ats4life
02-28-14, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear about that! Hope you don't run into anymore issues!!!

Hot Rod Joe
02-28-14, 07:39 PM
I think there is a (volume) size limitation with FAT(16) in the order of 2GB (65536 sectors) and that is what is killing us. Just a theory. It's really scary that Cadillac is selling radios TODAY that us a 15 year old standard with respect to file systems. Thats like 5 generations when it comes to computers!

I'm going to keep playing with the radio but my theory was it was using FAT(16) instead of FAT(32) for media. Really???!!!

Stevo Supremo
02-28-14, 09:10 PM
yup I just realized this today, tried to format a memory stick to FAT and it was too big (its an 8gig stick) I was doing some digging today and have indeed found out that this MISERABLE excuse for a headunit in the ATS is using FAT16... yes ladies and gentlemen, in an Age where FAT32 is the standard, the standard of the world is using backward ass stone age technology for a radio, meaning I'm stuck to 4gigs of music... BRAVO Cadillac.. Bravo..

- the engineer who ok'd this should be shot... I mean they REALLY dropped the ball on this one big time.

Hot Rod Joe
02-28-14, 09:36 PM
FAT(16) also limits your folder size to 512MB as well. Make sure you have no folders (including subfolders) over 512M. I looked into partitioning my larger thumbdrive but only one 2G partition will be read on the radio without the required driver loaded to the radio.

You might be able to solve your problem mentioned earlier by splitting your main artist folder to a few folders. Also, I didn't know you could go past the 2g volume size with FAT(16). MS did some trick work to make this happen on some of their later versions of FAT(16).

I ordered a 2g thumbdrive and it will hold enough of my current library to keep me going for a while.

This whole deal is almost comical?

Stevo Supremo
02-28-14, 11:30 PM
what i tried doing was adding folders each with 5 letters of the alphabet A-E F-J etc etc to split the folders but it didnt work. Then I tried splitting Genres but of course some of them were too large, then I tried splitting by album alphabet and it STILL wouldn't read them all

I'm sorry but 2G isn't enough for music. My friends 2010 cobalt SS Turbo can handle a 32G memory stick it's 2014 and the idea that I have to be limited to 2G worth of music in a $38,000 cadillac is disgusting.

....oooooohhhhh this is all so oso so so frustratinnnngggggg ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wwwhooo the @#$@$#@#$ formats a modern headunit like this?!?! CadillacCustService where the hell are you? can you go personally slap the engineers for me?

...On the lighter side i'm currently looking at a 2010 Camaro SS RS :) it's a decent price, it's manual though I need to make sure everything's A'OK with it :) Then find someone who will take this stupid thing off my hands

pever
03-01-14, 08:28 AM
if this was a German car the engineer that designed it would be shot at dawn you imagine they would wait until dawn?

Hoosier Daddy
03-01-14, 09:04 AM
FAT(16) also limits your folder size to 512MB as well.
I don't think that's right. FAT16 limits the NUMBER of entries in the root folder to 512, but there are no folder size limits other than the ones imposed by the size of the drive.

The tradegy is NOT the limitations on what size/format SD cards can be used or how the contents has to be organized. The completely inexcusable problem is the lack of documentation. I don't know how many ATSs they sold without CUE but every single owner and their dealers (original and subsequent) have to go thru this crap and find out AFTER the sale just because someone at Cadillac was an idiot or wanted to save $100 by not publishing these specs which are absolutely known by the people who speced or ordered the components.

You publish the specs and everything else goes away. It wouldn't be a problem if it could only use a single model 64MB card that has been out of production for 10 years if it said that in the manual, the brochures, etc. any more than a 2 gallon gas tank would be a problem if it was listed prominently on the Window sticker. Nobody with half a brain would buy one but it would not be a problem (for the buyers).

But don't think this is a base infotainment issue. Its just as true for the CUE systems. Owners and dealers waste huge amounts of time and money because basic information is more secret than nuclear launch codes. We need a Snowden inside GM!

Hot Rod Joe
03-01-14, 10:49 AM
I'm not happy with the 2G limit of my media but can live with it. How much did it cost GM for my car to be at the dealer for a total of 10 days to 'fix' my radio? I was in a loaner XTS the whole time. It looks like their tech spent at least 10 hours swapping cables and radios. In the end, they returned my car back as it was with no answers. That's when I called the CUE customer support number. All they could tell me was to try older media. I figured it out at the same time as Stevo. Someone at Cadillac knows this issue and a decision was made not to share their secret.

I'll buy a handfull of 2 G drives and re-format them if necessary and live with it.

I wonder how many times my scenario has already been repeated. A good buisness decision would be to send a letter in the mail to all the owners of base radio ATSs. Include the specs for media cards and a sincere apology. When the new Escape had an issue a few years ago, Ford told all the owners to stop driving their cars, picked them up with a tow truck, and gave them loaners until they fixed the problem(Fire from leaky fuel line I think). It's time to step up GM!

Stevo Supremo
03-01-14, 11:54 AM
well i just went back and read the owners manual in the section about media usage and NO WHERE did it mention format, I wonder how many other owners have been raging about the base stereo that haven't been on a forum yet thinking the stereo is broken and going to the dealer about it, wonder how much money worth of warranties this bullshit is costing GM.. for **** sakes Cadillac... come on, I've let a lot go about this car but this is a most sincere piss off.

ats4life
03-01-14, 02:21 PM
Kinda disappointing to hear about the radio having problems on such a luxurious vehicle. Hope they can fix it for you!

listrats
03-01-14, 03:19 PM
Sorry Steveo, I know why you picked the car, but to be frank, when you get base options on "luxury" cars you get shit. In my opinion, I would take a Kia Optima fully loaded over a BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Infiti, etc with the standard equipment. These cars are only worth it at the top of their trims

----------

I wouldn't dump the car for a 2010 Camaro though, those cars are stone age quality trash inside compared to the ATS, if you are able to get out of your ATS I would look into a better equipped one.

Hoosier Daddy
03-01-14, 04:18 PM
Sorry Steveo, I know why you picked the car, but to be frank, when you get base options on "luxury" cars you get shit.
True, but people should at least be able to find out the limitations before buying. Cadillac owners apparently can't even find out after buying! The same goes for CUE in the fully loaded Premium. Its unbelievable how little information is available. The forums are full of threads about the hoops people have to jump thru and trial and error experimenting to find out things like folder structure or how art work must be formatted, etc.. Same with what phones can work with what features and what gyrations you have to go thru to get some to work. I'm a fairly nonviolent man but if I was locked in a room with just about any elected federal official and the AH at Cadillac who keeps these things secret and I only had one fist, I don't know who I'd use it on. LoL

Stevo Supremo
03-01-14, 09:29 PM
exactly^ you hit the nail on the head, I full well knew the base Radio didn't have the passlock and the odd thing, I didn't know it didn't have bluetooth streaming, thats a huge piss off, but one I could even move past, but this latest turn of events is the last straw. Here's what I read at the dealer about the base stereo

"Usb/SD connectivity"

there was ZERO information on it only being formatted in the Jurassic period and had I known that 100% would NOT have gone with it, but it takes HOURS of headache,frustration and forum scouring to get to the bottom of it, its disgusting, this radio has NO business being in a Cadillac and if the customer service rep ACTUALLY reads this she should be taking this all down and going to the marketing team IMMEDIATELY, It'd be one thing if it was a few years old and I could just swap the deck out, but with the way the car is I'm stuck with it till I get something new... ..It's not enough I can't stream bluetooth music but now I'm stuck to only 4G worth of music via USB/SD, I know it's a "Base" radio but its 2014 and it's a god damn $40,000 Cadillac and theirs no need for this shit, go fire the engineers behind this piece of shit head unit please..