: Why does my rear view mirror backlight flicker or not come on at all?

sosatyme72
06-05-13, 08:13 PM
So my rear view mirror which has Onstar(which i dont subscribe to) sometimes doesnt power up which shows no temp reading, no compass or sometimes it keeps flickering on and off while Im driving or other times its fine...what could it be????

the cadillac man
06-05-13, 11:41 PM
So my rear view mirror which has Onstar(which i dont subscribe to) sometimes doesnt power up which shows no temp reading, no compass or sometimes it keeps flickering on and off while Im driving or other times its fine...what could it be????

Sounds like the mirror is bad or the fuse is blown

wesyder
06-06-13, 12:14 AM

Mine jus recently started messing up as well, the screen that shows temp and compass completely lights up so i cant see whats going on just a full lit screen.. Seems more likely if its hot out

sosatyme72
06-06-13, 12:49 AM
wouldnt it not work at all if fuse was blown?

Sounds like the mirror is bad or the fuse is blown

the cadillac man
06-06-13, 02:17 AM
wouldnt it not work at all if fuse was blown?

There is two feeds for the mirror one for the onstar controls the other is the mirror glass and temp/compass display(I will look them up and get back on which fuses you need to check)

----------

Mine jus recently started messing up as well, the screen that shows temp and compass completely lights up so i cant see whats going on just a full lit screen.. Seems more likely if its hot out

That sounds like a loose connection at the mirror harness(my uncle has this issue with his gmc Serra at times)