: 3.6 premium 2013 or 2014

bigpaulz
06-05-13, 06:58 PM
Looking to lease a ATS 3.6 premium in mid August. Should I order a 2014 model, or a 2013 model hoping to get a better deal. Any thoughts. I understand they will be pretty much the same.

pissedoffwookiee
06-05-13, 07:06 PM
get the '14, you'll have an easier time getting the options/color you want, and presumably you'll have a better chance with updates, plus any minor unnamed improvements GM learned producing our '13, lastly typically when the new ones hit the ground you cant lease the old ones. has to do with the value drop that happens when a new one arrives, banks don't like the idea of 24 or 36 months later your turning in a car thats a model year older than the next guy, makes it less valuable to the bank on the resale market.

Fraggy
06-06-13, 11:56 PM
Get the '14

ViperMX
06-07-13, 01:45 PM
Actually the lease rates (Ally Bank) for the 3.6 Premium have remained the same for the last 3 months--61% residual w/ 1.25% APR for 36 month @ 12k Miles (AWD model). If you can find one that you like in dealer stock, my bet would be they'd go for some deeper discounts vs. a '14 to clear stock. If you like some the colors/features of the '14 vs. the '13, then I'd wait. It's all in what you want at the end of the day. I ordered my ATS4 in March and will pick it up in few weeks when get home from deployment w/ those number in a lease.

rage2021
06-07-13, 01:58 PM
Wow you guys get some crazy residuals in the states...here its like ~45ish Canada. Anyways he's right if you can find what you want in lot or transit pick it up because they have some incentives going on. We negotiated near invoice price plus extra ~3k in GM incentives. Doubt they would have that for the brand new '14's. Don't think much is changing in the 14's anyways?

pissedoffwookiee
06-07-13, 03:43 PM
Actually the lease rates (Ally Bank) for the 3.6 Premium have remained the same for the last 3 months--61% residual w/ 1.25% APR for 36 month @ 12k Miles (AWD model). If you can find one that you like in dealer stock, my bet would be they'd go for some deeper discounts vs. a '14 to clear stock. If you like some the colors/features of the '14 vs. the '13, then I'd wait. It's all in what you want at the end of the day. I ordered my ATS4 in March and will pick it up in few weeks when get home from deployment w/ those number in a lease.

they will have better incentives to clear out stock, but that will be for a purchase, with leasing banks do not like to lease the same car with 2 different model years at the same time.

Actually the lease rates (Ally Bank) for the 3.6 Premium have remained the same for the last 3 months--61% residual w/ 1.25% APR for 36 month @ 12k Miles (AWD model).

new incentives and leases are announced the 1st of every month, just because a lease has been consistent for a while does not guaranty it will stay that way

ViperMX
06-08-13, 04:08 PM
June's numbers remain the same (61% residual/1.25% APR)...4 months running. Agree the dealers will push purchases first vs leases, but they want the old stock off their floor plan whatever way they can get it. Once the '14 roll into the showrooms, I would expect the '13 lease residuals to drop.

pissedoffwookiee
06-09-13, 04:57 AM
June's numbers remain the same (61% residual/1.25% APR)...4 months running. Agree the dealers will push purchases first vs leases, but they want the old stock off their floor plan whatever way they can get it. Once the '14 roll into the showrooms, I would expect the '13 lease residuals to drop.

OK, maybe I'm not being clear enough, I've said usually because there are always exceptions, but here's the deal. yes DEALERS want to clear out old stock but DEALERS are not the bank. and the dealers can't get help from GM in this at least as it pertains to ALLY, although Ally used to be GMAC it's since been spun off and is no longer a GM captive bank. in other words Ally is its own entity and it feels like GMAC because they didn't want to give up the business it already had as GMAC but it is not, and as such they are free to do as they please. case in point, the day I bought my ATS one of my best friends was going to buy a car same day same dealership. in this case he was looking at the CTS Wagon, the dealership had a brand new '12 (one of the last ones made) on the lot and the current model as of this writing is '13 same scenario and reason this post was created. he ended up leasing an x5, believe me the dealership would have loved to lease it to him and bought him flowers, dinner and a movie too, but the car was not available to lease because of the model year they offered him $10,000 off that car, but he wanted to lease and he walked away, dealers hate watching a sale walk beyond anything.

feel free to hang onto the wish that 13's will lease when 14's are here (could happen) but I'm telling you part of a high residual is good BOOK value, and the book drops on the older car when the model year changes and when the book drops on the value of a car the leasing changes with it (meaning usually go away). if dealers could sidestep this basic fact they would in a heartbeat and all the wishes come true.

pissedoffwookiee
06-09-13, 12:14 PM
OK, maybe I'm not being clear enough, I've said usually because there are always exceptions, but here's the deal. yes DEALERS want to clear out old stock but DEALERS are not the bank. and the dealers can't get help from GM in this at least as it pertains to ALLY, although Ally used to be GMAC it's since been spun off and is no longer a GM captive bank. in other words Ally is its own entity and it feels like GMAC because they didn't want to give up the business it already had as GMAC but it is not, and as such they are free to do as they please. case in point, the day I bought my ATS one of my best friends was going to buy a car same day same dealership. in this case he was looking at the CTS Wagon, the dealership had a brand new '12 (one of the last ones made) on the lot and the current model as of this writing is '13 same scenario and reason this post was created. he ended up leasing an x5, believe me the dealership would have loved to lease it to him and bought him flowers, dinner and a movie too, but the car was not available to lease because of the model year they offered him $10,000 off that car, but he wanted to lease and he walked away, dealers hate watching a sale walk beyond anything.

feel free to hang onto the wish that 13's will lease when 14's are here (could happen) but I'm telling you part of a high residual is good BOOK value, and the book drops on the older car when the model year changes and when the book drops on the value of a car the leasing changes with it (meaning usually go away). if dealers could sidestep this basic fact they would in a heartbeat and all the wishes come true.

just to be fair, here's one scenario where the older car could be leasable when a new car hits, and that's if the new car is totally new and not just a model year change. then there would be no lease on the new car until the banks have had an opportunity to study the car and market.

however a quick look at GMC.com (new body style truck landed this week) and leasing is gone from the offers section on the 2013 1500 crew (the truck that was replaced)

ViperMX
06-09-13, 01:07 PM

Relax--I'm just stating what the current situation is...nothing more. I'm not in disagreement with anything you've stated in your previous post, been there, done that with leases many times...

pissedoffwookiee
06-09-13, 09:06 PM
Relax--I'm just stating what the current situation is...nothing more. I'm not in disagreement with anything you've stated in your previous post, been there, done that with leases many times...

perfectly relaxed, I would just hate to see someone here blow it because of false information they might have had. especially while playing the timing/waiting game with dealerships. this is especially so when dealing with the end of a model year, a couple examples would be say waiting for a year change on the last awd gray ats in California as a negotiating tactic, that's a great way to ensure they will sell it to somebody else. cars it seems, are like single guys, not really wanted until they're courted or dating then suddenly they're attractive to multiple people. another buying mistake I see a lot is walking away from a deal on the table in the hopes of getting a better deal. this is a proven tactic, but the mistake employing this is on the last day of the month. I've seen too many people walk on the 31st and come back on the first only to discover the deal got worse for them, either the store made their number from the factory and thus no longer need to take as big a hit on that deal or the incentives changed on them(usually something like a 0% deal)

73JPS
06-09-13, 09:41 PM
:pop2:

ewellsie
06-10-13, 09:56 AM
I'm in a similar situation, except I want the 2.0T Premium, and no dealers around here have it in the color combo I want, so I'll be forced to order the 2014.

Unfortunately though, one dealer I visited has told me they don't know the incentives/rebates for the 2014's yet and won't until they start hitting the floor.

So I'm kinda stuck in limbo, I do want the car and I'd like to place the order, but can't do so without knowing the possible incentives.

Although, as long as the lease residual/money factor stays status quo, I think I could make the deal work for the right selling price.

pissedoffwookiee
06-10-13, 03:01 PM
I'm in a similar situation, except I want the 2.0T Premium, and no dealers around here have it in the color combo I want, so I'll be forced to order the 2014.

Unfortunately though, one dealer I visited has told me they don't know the incentives/rebates for the 2014's yet and won't until they start hitting the floor.

So I'm kinda stuck in limbo, I do want the car and I'd like to place the order, but can't do so without knowing the possible incentives.

Although, as long as the lease residual/money factor stays status quo, I think I could make the deal work for the right selling price.

what area are you looking in and and what colors?

ewellsie
06-10-13, 11:43 PM
what area are you looking in and and what colors?South Florida, opulent blue with jet black interior and sunroof.

pissedoffwookiee
06-11-13, 03:33 AM
:shhh:The 3 nearest you are 2 identical driver assist, polished wheels, cold weather pkg cars @ Flow Cadillac in Winston-Salem, NC and a car same as these without driver assist @ Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA they are 806 and 1046 miles away from Miami respectively. I would call your dealer and say a buddy of yours :halo: found these and you want one of them, a quality dealership should have no problem doing this, if they won't budge:thepan::alchi::cookoo: then call these stores internet departments and buy one of them directly. the most it should cost is $300 to $400 to have it delivered to you, and they can put that fee in the deal so you won't even feel it:yup: (maybe 5 to 10 dollars to your payment I figured your leasing since this is a leasing thread, much less if buying).:thumbsup: One last thing, my recommendation is to buy direct, all 3 of these cars are over 90 days old, so in the dealerships eyes they're aged units, they will be excited to sell to you, so you'll get a better deal, maybe even get the shipping thrown in. this is why you're having a hard time finding the blue locally, it's such a vibrant color and Cadillac stores are sort of afraid of it because it does take a bit longer to sell, but please by all means get it, you'll love it. when i got mine, my wife made a veiled threat:devil: "whatever you do, don't you dare bring home blue",:thehand: i brought home the blue:hide:, and now she loves it, and i get complimented all the time.:cloud9:

ewellsie
06-11-13, 11:05 AM
:shhh:The 3 nearest you are 2 identical driver assist, polished wheels, cold weather pkg cars @ Flow Cadillac in Winston-Salem, NC and a car same as these without driver assist @ Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA they are 806 and 1046 miles away from Miami respectively. I would call your dealer and say a buddy of yours :halo: found these and you want one of them, a quality dealership should have no problem doing this, if they won't budge:thepan::alchi::cookoo: then call these stores internet departments and buy one of them directly. the most it should cost is $300 to $400 to have it delivered to you, and they can put that fee in the deal so you won't even feel it:yup: (maybe 5 to 10 dollars to your payment I figured your leasing since this is a leasing thread, much less if buying).:thumbsup: One last thing, my recommendation is to buy direct, all 3 of these cars are over 90 days old, so in the dealerships eyes they're aged units, they will be excited to sell to you, so you'll get a better deal, maybe even get the shipping thrown in. this is why you're having a hard time finding the blue locally, it's such a vibrant color and Cadillac stores are sort of afraid of it because it does take a bit longer to sell, but please by all means get it, you'll love it. when i got mine, my wife made a veiled threat:devil: "whatever you do, don't you dare bring home blue",:thehand: i brought home the blue:hide:, and now she loves it, and i get complimented all the time.:cloud9:The dealer I went to actually did find those two cars in NC, but with the cold weather package the cars are gonna be a little more than I'm looking for, and they told me about $1500 to get the cars down here.

I'm about to e-mail a couple of dealers locally with an offer on a 2014 order and just see who bites.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 11:59 AM
The dealer I went to actually did find those two cars in NC, but with the cold weather package the cars are gonna be a little more than I'm looking for, and they told me about $1500 to get the cars down here.

I'm about to e-mail a couple of dealers locally with an offer on a 2014 order and just see who bites.

Hello ewellsie,

I am sorry looking for the 2014 ATS you want has become a struggle for you. Good luck with contacting other dealerships and your continued research. Please reach out to me if you have any additional questions or concerns. We can be contacted via private message and or Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

ewellsie
06-11-13, 12:22 PM
bigpaulz,

Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly, I took my conversation to PM's with Laura, so as not to clutter up your topic anymore.

Good luck with your search as well.

stevenzoz
06-11-13, 02:55 PM
The dealer I went to actually did find those two cars in NC, but with the cold weather package the cars are gonna be a little more than I'm looking for, and they told me about $1500 to get the cars down here.

At this point of the model year and available 2013 inventory, I think you're asking too much to find one EXACTLY how you want it. I think you'll have to settle for a few more options to get what you want (like cold weather) and you may be surprised, even though its adding to the msrp you still might get the deal you're looking for, especially if its old inventory, as someone previously mentioned

----------

But you should still be able to at least get the color combo u want