: Remote Clutch Bleeder - which one should I get?

DDS rollin a CTS
06-05-13, 02:31 PM
In another thread I've been talking recently about problems with my transmission. I suspect it will be getting dropped soon to replace the 3rd gear synchro. As long as its down I was thinking I would have a remote clutch bleeder installed. Is there a consensus on one being any better than another? What about standard vs. speedbleeder, are they worth the extra money? Also I see lengths anywhere from 18" to almost 4', how long should it really be? Finally, when I was searching I saw talk about bent vs straight fittings; I currently have a stock clutch/flywheel etc but plan on going to the LS7 setup if/when my clutch ever needs replaced so will one of those fittings be better than the other given my current and future plans? Thanks in advance!

DrSpeed
06-05-13, 06:02 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1454264-lapd-bleeder-one.html

rand49er
06-05-13, 06:29 PM
Got mine at LAPD.

SevillianSTS
06-06-13, 09:30 AM
Just got my remote bleeder from Monster Clutch. I called them and they recommended the 36" They said the 18" you still need to get under the car. Not installed yet but their bleeder seems nice and solid. What is the difference in the speedbleeder ? I am assuming it has some sort of quick connect on the end so you do not need a wrench ?

mackey
06-06-13, 10:49 AM
Speedbleeder has a ball check valve integrated into the bleeder. You can crack it open 1/4 turn and keep pumping without losing pressure

It's a nice option