: 2005 STS V6 Bose deluxe 8 speaker sound

DBB
06-05-13, 03:07 PM
I have the deluxe 8 speaker Bose package in my 2005 STS no nav. In my opinion the sound from this setup is clear in terms of highs and mids but the low end from subwoofer is anaemic. I was given an 08 loaner with a Bose system and you could notice the bass. I'm not sure if the 08 had the 15 speaker or some up level Bose system.

I'm considering adding a powered sub to my system to compensate for the lack of low end. However I just wanted to confirm with you all first that what I'm detecting in my car is normal for the 8 speaker Bose deluxe systems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DBB

curtc
06-05-13, 03:32 PM
I don't have any experience with the base Bose system in the STS but I do know the Bose system in my 04 CTS, which I believe is similar if not the same was also lacking low end, especially when listening to anything but a CD. XM and FM low end response was vastly different than when listening to a CD...I ended up installing my 12" JL W6 coupled with my Orion HCCA-2400D cause I couldn't stand it any more...

That beast is back in the garage now, haven't felt the need to install it in the STS yet, the 15 speaker system is the best OEM system I've ever heard...Beats any Bang/Olufsen system I've heard in Audi's...

DBB
06-05-13, 03:50 PM
Curtc,

Thanks for the feedback. It helps that I'm not alone in my observation. I'm gonna add a Kicker 10" Bassstation. I don't want massive bass. I want a fuller sound.

Ludacrisvp
06-05-13, 03:51 PM
I have the deluxe 8 speaker Bose package in my 2005 STS no nav. In my opinion the sound from this setup is clear in terms of highs and mids but the low end from subwoofer is anaemic. I was given an 08 loaner with a Bose system and you could notice the bass. I'm not sure if the 08 had the 15 speaker or some up level Bose system.

I'm considering adding a powered sub to my system to compensate for the lack of low end. However I just wanted to confirm with you all first that what I'm detecting in my car is normal for the 8 speaker Bose deluxe systems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DBB

If the 08 loaner had NAV then it had the 15 speaker system, if it didn't have NAV it didn't have 15 speakers.
Maybe your sub is disconnected or dead?

DBB
06-05-13, 05:32 PM
If the 08 loaner had NAV then it had the 15 speaker system, if it didn't have NAV it didn't have 15 speakers.
Maybe your sub is disconnected or dead?

Luda,
The 08 loaner did not have nav. I'm going to have to check my sub again. I did a quick check and put my hand over the sub on the rear deck and felt the vibration. On occasion I can see my rear view mirror vibrate in time with the low end rhythm. I'll check the connections from in the trunk this evening.

Thanks,
DBB

sicWIDem
06-05-13, 08:54 PM
I have an '08 STS with the 8 speaker and the mids and highs are good. Low end could use some amplification. Still very good, it does lack the umph I am looking for from the low end.