: Upgrade Navigation Software?

triks86
06-04-13, 11:50 PM
My V coupe ended up at the dealer for week having the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced (manufacturers
Defect). In the meantime I was give. A 2012 SRX, which was fully loaded and was not bad at all! The navigation was 100 times better. The entire software was much more streamline and easier to use! I was wondering if GM would do an update if I asked local dealer? It has to be the same hardware!

baabootoo
06-05-13, 12:08 AM
Nope, I searched it on here a while ago, and the only thing we can do is get an updated nav disc.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 12:28 PM
My V coupe ended up at the dealer for week having the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced (manufacturers
Defect). In the meantime I was give. A 2012 SRX, which was fully loaded and was not bad at all! The navigation was 100 times better. The entire software was much more streamline and easier to use! I was wondering if GM would do an update if I asked local dealer? It has to be the same hardware!

Hello triks86,

I am sorry your vehicle was at the dealership for a week but I am glad the issue was fixed. In order to update your system, there is a navigation disc. If you provide me with your VIN, I can check and look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

khoeysr
06-06-13, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Cadillac Cust Svc;3451521]Hello triks86,

I am sorry your vehicle was at the dealership for a week but I am glad the issue was fixed. In order to update your system, there is a navigation disc. If you provide me with your VIN, I can check and look into this for you.

Sincerely,

So this disc will update the syatem as well as the database?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-13, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Cadillac Cust Svc;3451521]Hello triks86,

Sincerely,

So this disc will update the syatem as well as the database?

Hi khoeysr,

I was stating that there is a disc to perform an update, but what it consists of is a map update. If you would like to discuss anything further or have additional questions or concerns, I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

triks86
06-06-13, 06:51 PM
Map update is not an issue for me, it's the interface that is outdated. I was implying that if the 2012 SRX works off the same hardware is there a way to update the V to run that program.

FSTCDY
06-07-13, 12:42 AM
I feel with a little experimenting it could work. The system and buttons are essentially the same...so in theory you could just pull the unit out of the srx and place it in the cts. It may just work lol. If someone has both, it may be something to toy with. I imagine Vin# issues and needing a tech tool to unlock etc.

But of course, if it were that easy someone would have already went that route. I had a 2005 Silverado brand new with a 6 disc changer and wanted factory nav like the avalanche, tahoes and hummers had. The dealer told me it couldn't be done. Well after a little research it was obvious the unit would fit and the wiring was the same. Found a unit on eBay from a hummer, bought it, installed it (wiring harness plugged right up), took it by the dealer to have them unlock it and boom! Factory touch screen nav in a Silverado truck...impossible even to the service guy using the tech2 tool to unlock it! Lol

So, where there's a will, there's a way. Just need a guinea pig :-)

RGaret
06-07-13, 06:05 AM
I don't think it is even this hard. My BMW got a firmware update halfway through the time I had it. All it took was a USB stick and 30 minutes of their time. I am sure this could be done, but think of how much money this would cost GM. It's not a recall issue or anything like that. I would be willing to pay $200 for this upgrade myself, but definitely not for their meager map update. Who needs that anyway? I rarely use the POI database because I have google maps on my phone.

triks86
06-07-13, 02:22 PM
I agree 200 bucks would be well worth it because it is such a Terrible interface! Hell 500 would be worth it. It's def easy bc Audi upgraded there software in my car after a couple of years and changed the interfaces around. Like a refresher.

spearfish25
06-07-13, 07:24 PM
LOL. Go test drive another SRX and bring it back 30 minutes later after making a Nav swap. At least it would be worth trying to see if it worked.