: 2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly

MuzicMan
06-04-13, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

I just have had an issue pop up where my rear hatch/glass is unlocking randomly while driving. It's not very often, maybe every few days or so. Has anyone has this happen or have any ideas?

The key fob unlocking works perfectly every time, so I am hesitant to think it's the actuator. The dash switch also works perfectly every time. The window does seem lately like it takes a couple tries to get it to lock.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Paul

the cadillac man
06-04-13, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

I just have had an issue pop up where my rear hatch/glass is unlocking randomly while driving. It's not very often, maybe every few days or so. Has anyone has this happen or have any ideas?

The key fob unlocking works perfectly every time, so I am hesitant to think it's the actuator. The dash switch also works perfectly every time. The window does seem lately like it takes a couple tries to get it to lock.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Paul

Sounds like the bcm(body control module)as it works the keyless entry system

MuzicMan
06-06-13, 03:01 PM
I have done some experimenting, and it seems that it is not the actuator making the glass unlcock. It seems to be the latch letting go while driving randomly as well as the glass being hard to make lock. Are there adjustments that can be made on that latch or just replaced? I took apart the tailgate to check it out, and everything seems ok, no obvious broken stuff.

the cadillac man
06-06-13, 05:40 PM
I have done some experimenting, and it seems that it is not the actuator making the glass unlcock. It seems to be the latch letting go while driving randomly as well as the glass being hard to make lock. Are there adjustments that can be made on that latch or just replaced? I took apart the tailgate to check it out, and everything seems ok, no obvious broken stuff.

Most likely it will need replacing as there is no adjustments for it

enihgonja
01-15-14, 11:04 AM
my rear hatch is opening while driving at lease 2 - 3 times a day, also i can hear the doors locking and unlocking, even the interior light stays on. can someone please help.

the cadillac man
01-15-14, 12:06 PM
my rear hatch is opening while driving at lease 2 - 3 times a day, also i can hear the doors locking and unlocking, even the interior light stays on. can someone please help.

Sounds like a catch or something electrical