: Any definitive news on the 06 CTS-V?

Garissimo
01-27-05, 07:14 PM
It would seem logical that the LS2 would replace the LS6. I'm curious why this didn't happen with the 05 CTS-V, seeing as the 05 GTO has the LS2. :hmm:
I wouldn't expect the LS7 for a while as the STS-V was just anounced and will probably be the top dog in the lineup for 06.

I would hope GM would address the wheel hop issue and perhaps give a few different tire choices. Am I correct that the Goodyear F1 runflats are the only option from the factory?

Any other guesses?

GNSCOTT
01-27-05, 07:59 PM
The logical choice is the LS7. M3's are gonna eat us alive this year, and I'm sure making the choice between a 400hp LS2 car for $35k and one for $52k will be a hard one.

There is an 05 at the auto show. No 06 yet and no 06 info that i can find anywhere. This could be a good sign. I am willing to bet if it is an LS2, it is more than 400hp.

Vrocks
01-27-05, 08:37 PM
I am willing to bet if it is an LS2, it is more than 400hp.

I agree.
From everything I've read :bighead: , the LS2 is being held back by GM. Although, I don't know how much more they can give it without going up a notch in the GAS guzzler tax rating. 440HP would be a nice upgrade, but I'm still questioning this because it's really just a 1yr. deal. A new, refreshed, upgraded, etc... CTS is comming out in '07.

globed70
01-28-05, 09:36 AM
The 05 CTS-V came out very early, prior to the introduction of the LS2 on the Corvette. I hope the radio silence on the 06 CTS-V is a good thing. I doubt a choice of tires, and if GM does have a solution for wheel hop they will have a nice internal debate about the $ of retrofit to 04 and 05. I am still hopeful for exciting news on the 06.... an LS2 is not exciting news.

01-28-05, 09:47 AM
word that I hear from from someone who is supposedly well connected with GM, KaTech, and McLaren is that there is no plan to replace the LS6 with the LS2. Too much engineering work for no real bonus. Same source says look for the LS7 in 2007.

Doug

trukk
01-28-05, 10:54 AM
word that I hear from from someone who is supposedly well connected with GM, KaTech, and McLaren is that there is no plan to replace the LS6 with the LS2. Too much engineering work for no real bonus. Same source says look for the LS7 in 2007.

Doug

From an engineering standpoint, it makes sense that they wouldn't do an engine swap for a sinlge model year, with the change comming in '07; however didn't this entire debate start becuase it was announced that they were done assembling ls6's, and didn't have enough to complete the '06 run for the V? [note: I can't find this info, but it seems to be the assumption everyone is working off of.]

Thanks,

Chris

Katshot
01-28-05, 10:56 AM
Yep! Bet on no serious changes prior to the "all new" CTS-v. So at least another year or so of wheel-hop and an LS6. Hey, it's not like the car's a load or anything. It's still the benchmark by which most are compared.

01-28-05, 11:21 AM
From an engineering standpoint, it makes sense that they wouldn't do an engine swap for a sinlge model year, with the change comming in '07; however didn't this entire debate start becuase it was announced that they were done assembling ls6's, and didn't have enough to complete the '06 run for the V? [note: I can't find this info, but it seems to be the assumption everyone is working off of.]

Thanks,

Chris

I had not heard that, and it kinda makes no sense from a business standpoint. LS6 has always been a (relatively) low volume product. Should be a no-brainer to make enough for the 2006 model year.....and they will need warranty/replacement units as well for us and for the z06 crowd......