: Hit & Run on my V....OnStar help

Groo-V
01-27-05, 05:45 PM
I got hit & run in my '04 V that was only 3 weeks old. I got hit on the driver side door and fender, but it was still very driveable. I was slightly pissed and decided that this guy was going down. It was then that I found the power of the V (I just got through break-in) and value of OnStar. As I fishtailed a u-turn to go after the guy, I hit the OnStar emergency button. They came right on, knew who I was and where I was. When I told them what happened and that I was after the guy, they got the cops on the line with me and told them every turn we made. I caught the guy in a hurry and after about a 9 mile chase, the cops (at the direction of OnStar) met us at an intersection and forced him over. I couldn't believe that lowlife in an Eclipse with a big can muffler thought he could outrun my V. I don't want to sound like a commercial for OnStar, but it was my first time every having it and it paid off huge.

urbanski
01-27-05, 05:47 PM
wow, great for catching the guy!!
how bad is the damage?

thebigjimsho
01-27-05, 06:04 PM
I got hit & run in my '04 V that was only 3 weeks old. I got hit on the driver side door and fender, but it was still very driveable. I was slightly pissed and decided that this guy was going down. It was then that I found the power of the V (I just got through break-in) and value of OnStar. As I fishtailed a u-turn to go after the guy, I hit the OnStar emergency button. They came right on, knew who I was and where I was. When I told them what happened and that I was after the guy, they got the cops on the line with me and told them every turn we made. I caught the guy in a hurry and after about a 9 mile chase, the cops (at the direction of OnStar) met us at an intersection and forced him over. I couldn't believe that lowlife in an Eclipse with a big can muffler thought he could outrun my V. I don't want to sound like a commercial for OnStar, but it was my first time every having it and it paid off huge.
SWEET!

Sorry about the car, though, that sucks.

Vrocks
01-27-05, 06:10 PM
Nice job to you and OnStar! That was good thinking on your part to contact them, considering the distractions at that moment! :thumbsup:

Groo-V
01-27-05, 06:37 PM
wow, great for catching the guy!!
how bad is the damage? It creased my door and my fender and trashed the body molding on the bottom. A little over $1700. Another minor detail about the lowlife.....no insurance. He got more than a few tickets though.

Groo-V
01-27-05, 06:39 PM
Nice job to you and OnStar! That was good thinking on your part to contact them, considering the distractions at that moment! :thumbsup: OnStar was awesome. Don't think they'll be using that one on their commercials though....a few too many cuss words.

taco
01-27-05, 07:02 PM
It's cool you caught the guy, but I think Onstar would work against me in that situation. I would have confessed to Onstar that I was about to kill some retard. I'm pretty sure they would use the call against me in a court of law.

CVP33
01-27-05, 08:27 PM
Nice job Groo-V! I was able to get a transcript from OnStar.

:bonkers: Eclipse
What the hell? This is the fastest CTS I've ever seen!

:lildevil: Groo-V
I'm gonna kill this MOT$#@ FU$%&*!

I'll just lose him in the twisties. Oh snap that car handles too!

I'm gonna kill this MOT$#@ FU$%&*!

I think this MOT$#@ FU$%&* is gonna kill me! Oh thank god there's a cop!

Officer, please let me kill this MOT$#@ FU$%&*!

Man Groo-V you got a potty mouth.

scorpio
01-27-05, 08:47 PM
( CLICK )

" Onstar, how can we help you Mr X?"

Driver < Vroooooooooom > Some Mother BEEEEEEEPer just hit me and took off, im in persuit now, get the cops quick coz im gunna snuff that Mother BEEEEEEEPer if i get to him first.

OnStar Mr X, we are tracking you now and have the po po on the line, please remain calm.

Driver CALM !!!! VRRRRRROOooooOooooOooomMmMmm CALM !?!?!?! would you be calm if some BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP Illegal alien crack head pimp wannabe subsidized income social miscreant high school dropout mother BEEEEEEEPer in a piece of BEEEEEEEEP just hit your BEEEEEEPing 2 week old BRAND NEW car.

OnStar Not to worry Mr X, those "Aleged" Illegal Alien crack head pimp wannabe subsidized income social miscreant school dropout mother uuuuum...< cough> well any way, they will be insured soon enough, you can rest easy becoz the USA will give them licences so they can get insurance.

Driver wheeeeew ok then, i guess im good.

------------------------------------------------------
Bro, you deserve an award. If you had not chased the perp he would have got off scott free, my insurance would have gone up as would yours and everyone elses, you would have had to carry that anger with you. You got closure, he got busted and the cops had a cake job corralling the bashtard. I mean, you gave chase in a Caddy lol, he didnt stand a chance.

However.....

If he had hit someone else while you were in persuit.
If you lost control
If he crashed into a building or house.

you would have been liable and probably lost in court, while he got off scott free.
It sux that the average citizen has no authority to persue those who have done wrong to us even if we are 100% in the right.

I would do the same as you, except.......i would not have called onstar. it isn't the Sicillian thing to do ;) <grin>

Good job and glad it all worked out for you, as best it could anyway.
Did the cops give you any c%@p or admonitions or pat u on the back? i'm guessing they patted you on the back.

Scorpio
p.s.
I fully expect that this will get pulled lol.

Rob Ketcham
01-27-05, 09:18 PM
Thanks for posting your exploits--your rapid thinking gives OnStar a whole new dimension, its not just for airbags and restaurants and stupid locked doors--its for miscreants and scofflaws. I do some work for one of the State's Attorney's here in MD--would that be a neat case. Sorry about the damage.

CTSV05
01-27-05, 11:00 PM
Just to jump in for the Onstar, when we were on the mountain and cars were crashed all over, I pushed the Emergency button, and they located us, got the state police on the line and we were updated on their arrival and road situation in the area.

It was kinda kool.

thebigjimsho
01-28-05, 12:06 AM
Everyone keeps bringing up miscreants. We have one here!

Playdrv4me
01-28-05, 12:48 AM
I still cant stand OnStar... but Im glad to see it did some good this time... I have it in my Lexus (same people) and I will not activate it, but Im glad to see you were able to take advantage.

PneuBird
01-28-05, 04:35 AM
That was a fantastic idea using OnStar like that! I'll have to remember that if the sitution ever happens to me. Sorry about the damage to the "V"

Groo-V
01-28-05, 08:33 AM
( CLICK )

" Onstar, how can we help you Mr X?"

Driver < Vroooooooooom > Some Mother BEEEEEEEPer just hit me and took off, im in persuit now, get the cops quick coz im gunna snuff that Mother BEEEEEEEPer if i get to him first.

OnStar Mr X, we are tracking you now and have the po po on the line, please remain calm.

Driver CALM !!!! VRRRRRROOooooOooooOooomMmMmm CALM !?!?!?! would you be calm if some BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP Illegal alien crack head pimp wannabe subsidized income social miscreant high school dropout mother BEEEEEEEPer in a piece of BEEEEEEEEP just hit your BEEEEEEPing 2 week old BRAND NEW car.

OnStar Not to worry Mr X, those "Aleged" Illegal Alien crack head pimp wannabe subsidized income social miscreant school dropout mother uuuuum...< cough> well any way, they will be insured soon enough, you can rest easy becoz the USA will give them licences so they can get insurance.

Driver wheeeeew ok then, i guess im good.

------------------------------------------------------
Bro, you deserve an award. If you had not chased the perp he would have got off scott free, my insurance would have gone up as would yours and everyone elses, you would have had to carry that anger with you. You got closure, he got busted and the cops had a cake job corralling the bashtard. I mean, you gave chase in a Caddy lol, he didnt stand a chance.

However.....

If he had hit someone else while you were in persuit.
If you lost control
If he crashed into a building or house.

you would have been liable and probably lost in court, while he got off scott free.
It sux that the average citizen has no authority to persue those who have done wrong to us even if we are 100% in the right.

I would do the same as you, except.......i would not have called onstar. it isn't the Sicillian thing to do ;) <grin>

Good job and glad it all worked out for you, as best it could anyway.
Did the cops give you any c%@p or admonitions or pat u on the back? i'm guessing they patted you on the back.

Scorpio
p.s.
I fully expect that this will get pulled lol.

Your rendition was pretty close. Youre right about potential to cause other damage, but traffic was real light and I was real pissed. I did tell the cops while they were on the line with me and OnStar that "they better get to this Mother F***er before I do". They of course told me to not take things in my own hands but they never told me to drop the chase (not that I would have). The cop at the scene did whisper in my ear that he was damn glad I was able to get this guy to them.....he had just been hit and run the week before and his car was too screwed to chase.

Groo-V
01-28-05, 08:37 AM
Nice job Groo-V! I was able to get a transcript from OnStar.

Man Groo-V you got a potty mouth.

That was close, but I didn't actually threaten to kill him.....just cause him some permanent damage. When the guy saw the cops and pulled over, I jumped out of my V and ran to the guys car and the lowlife wouldn't roll down the window. :rant2: He waited until the cop came to his window before he rolled it down. I guess the lowlife did have some brains after all.

MikeyVSeries
01-28-05, 01:31 PM
so what happens since he didn't have insurance? How does it affect you?

caddydaddy
01-28-05, 01:48 PM
Wow, that sounds like a sweet episode of COPS!

Sorry about the V, good thing it wasn't too much damage.

Groo-V
01-28-05, 03:42 PM
so what happens since he didn't have insurance? How does it affect you? I have to go through my un-insured motorist coverage which doesn't affect my rates, but it does cost me $250 deductible which sucks. The worst part is my V being in the shop for 8 to 10 days and having to drive a Deville.

01-28-05, 05:16 PM
I have to go through my un-insured motorist coverage which doesn't affect my rates, but it does cost me $250 deductible which sucks. The worst part is my V being in the shop for 8 to 10 days and having to drive a Deville.

Talk to your insurance company; even though the phallus is uninsured, he is still liable for the damage. They should go after him for the full damages; their payout plus your deductible. If you push a little they will push too. (of course if the guy is a deadbeat then you're not likely to see a dime). So even though you pay the deductible there is a chance that you will get it back.

Sorry to hear about the hassle.......

Doug

Groo-V
01-28-05, 06:29 PM
Talk to your insurance company; even though the phallus is uninsured, he is still liable for the damage. They should go after him for the full damages; their payout plus your deductible. If you push a little they will push too. (of course if the guy is a deadbeat then you're not likely to see a dime). So even though you pay the deductible there is a chance that you will get it back.

Sorry to hear about the hassle.......

Doug

I did talk to them and told them to go after him. They said they will and that I will get the first $250 they get from him. I'm not holding my breath on that one. He's going to have a hard time just paying all the tickets he got.

Kevy Kev
01-28-05, 08:02 PM
Good to see that you at least got this guy...the other folks he has affected thank you!!! :want:

Z06CTSV
01-28-05, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. Just an hour ago some idiot, I guess looking to collect insurance or sue(the new welfare). Some idiot cut in front of me and slammed his brakes on. Luckily I was paying attention and my brembo's did there thing. He stayed there stopped I had to back up to get around him. I was going to get out then I decided to keep going. I was in a HIGH CRIME AREA in a top ten crime city (I live in the suburbs). Hope everything works out for you..

Joe
New Orleans

Groo-V
01-29-05, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. Just an hour ago some idiot, I guess looking to collect insurance or sue(the new welfare). Some idiot cut in front of me and slammed his brakes on. Luckily I was paying attention and my brembo's did there thing. He stayed there stopped I had to back up to get around him. I was going to get out then I decided to keep going. I was in a HIGH CRIME AREA in a top ten crime city (I live in the suburbs). Hope everything works out for you..

Joe
New Orleans

Smart move. There's alot of that going on here in Houston also. Happen to a friend of mine who managed to swerve out of the way of the guy who slammed on his brakes and the car behind my friend wasn't paying attention and slammed in to the guy. Lowlife's like that are why our insurance rates are like a mortgage payment.

heavymetals
01-29-05, 01:12 PM
What a drag.

Glad the cops caught the guy.:thumbsup:

And here in Calif they want to give illegals drivers licenses!:banghead:

OH BOY!