: service ride control issue... new one

pmartell12
06-04-13, 09:07 PM
So I have had my 03 esv for 4 years, and always thought that the air ride was working... the truck has a decent ride, and I have never had any ride control messages appear on the dash.. I pull a medium size boat around, and have not noticed the level sagging.
A month ago I had my uncle's shop replace both front wheel bearings... they disconected the battery while they did it. When I got it back it had the service ride control message on the dash (5 seconds after starting the truck) they scanned the codes and found that the left rear level sensor was bad.... so i replaced it with a used one.
The code for the level sensor is gone then the code for the air exhaust solenoid came up.. so i read all 25 pages of the million dollar question thread and was going to remove the compressor to see if i had to solder the copper on the exhaust solenoid like so many others have had to do...
but before i pulled the compressor off, i thought i would remove the relay under the dash to check the compressor from the engine bay.....i connected the 30 and 87 pins.... and nothing happened.
I climbed under the truck to see if the compressor's electrical connector was bad and i found this !!!! it looks like something from the titanic!!https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969856_10151646149761187_1422444710_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487527_10151646149636187_1375169835_n.jpg
WOW! so I guess my compressor is bad..... hmmm i wonder if my shocks are alright...i take off the valve, and i hook one up to my air compressor... the air whistles right out the bottom... no seal on them at all. https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/600677_10151646149731187_958162168_n.jpg
so the shocks and compressor are useless...... I have been like this since i bought the truck and am willing to live with it... but how did the previous owners get the service ride control message off the dash? and how do I do the same?

the cadillac man
06-04-13, 09:16 PM
So I have had my 03 esv for 4 years, and always thought that the air ride was working... the truck has a decent ride, and I have never had any ride control messages appear on the dash.. I pull a medium size boat around, and have not noticed the level sagging.
A month ago I had my uncle's shop replace both front wheel bearings... they disconected the battery while they did it. When I got it back it had the service ride control message on the dash (5 seconds after starting the truck) they scanned the codes and found that the left rear level sensor was bad.... so i replaced it with a used one.
The code for the level sensor is gone then the code for the air exhaust solenoid came up.. so i read all 25 pages of the million dollar question thread and was going to remove the compressor to see if i had to solder the copper on the exhaust solenoid like so many others have had to do...
but before i pulled the compressor off, i thought i would remove the relay under the dash to check the compressor from the engine bay.....i connected the 30 and 87 pins.... and nothing happened.
I climbed under the truck to see if the compressor's electrical connector was bad and i found this !!!! it looks like something from the titanic!!

WOW! so I guess my compressor is bad..... hmmm i wonder if my shocks are alright...i take off the valve, and i hook one up to my air compressor... the air whistles right out the bottom... no seal on them at all.
so the shocks and compressor are useless...... I have been like this since i bought the truck and am willing to live with it... but how did the previous owners get the service ride control message off the dash? and how do I do the same?
Sometimes the module won't throw the message

CaddyEscalade
06-05-13, 02:35 AM
If you leave the compressor installed and wired up, try pulling the Stud1 fuse located under the hood. Worked for me.

pmartell12
06-05-13, 06:28 PM
If you leave the compressor installed and wired up, try pulling the Stud1 fuse located under the hood. Worked for me. i just tried it, and no luck, the message still came on

the cadillac man
06-05-13, 07:12 PM
i just tried it, and no luck, the message still came on

Try pulling the rtd fuse in the underhood fuse box

pmartell12
06-06-13, 10:56 PM
Try pulling the rtd fuse in the underhood fuse box
i tried pulling the rtd fuse, no luck there either... I am going to see if one of my uncle's mechanics can clear the codes permanently

the cadillac man
06-06-13, 11:07 PM
i tried pulling the rtd fuse, no luck there either... I am going to see if one of my uncle's mechanics can clear the codes permanently

There is two ways one replacing the shocks and compressor the other is pulling the ride control module

crazymaci
06-07-13, 12:06 AM
Do it yourself for 600$buy the dorman setup because you cant salvage anything from that to reuse on the arnott pump,and it may "ride ok" but it doesnt ride like a caddy

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 12:13 AM
Do it yourself for 600$buy the dorman setup because you cant salvage anything from that to reuse on the arnott pump,and it may "ride ok" but it doesnt ride like a caddy

So true once the ride control system goes passive the ride quality takes a huge blow

pmartell12
06-09-13, 08:52 PM
well, I Got the answer I was looking for from another forum. I had to remove the negative battery cable, wait 15 minutes, remove the rtd fuse under the hood, wait 2 more minutes, reattach the battery cable, and the message was gone!