: Playing games on rear seat entertainment

Hoghead
06-04-13, 07:53 PM
I bought a used 05 srx with rear seat entertainment and going to take it on vacation. So i bought one of the Atari game counsel for the kids to play while driving but when i plug in the rca jacks nothing happens. Then i read it is supposed to come with a remote that i do not have. Is that the only way to switch the signal to the rca jacks. Thanks

conedoctor
06-04-13, 08:39 PM
As far as I know it is.

Hoghead
06-04-13, 10:36 PM
Well that sucks. Does anybody know if a universal remote can be programed to it do i have to buy oem?

glake89
06-05-13, 11:21 AM
From the SM-
"To use the auxiliary audio and video inputs on the DPVD, connect an external auxiliary device such as a camcorder to the jacks and turn on both the auxiliary device power and the power on the front of the DPVD. To have use of these jacks, you must select AUX using the SRCE button on the disc player faceplate or the remote control."

Hoghead
06-05-13, 08:13 PM
I figured out that you have to have a rca plug plugged into the red slot for the system to recognize it. Then you can hit the source button to change to aux. I also got a universal remote to work on it. Unfortunately the game system i bought only has a white and yellow plug and no matter what combination i plug it in i get no video and only white noise. I will have to work on it some more. Thanks for everyone's help

PJ1520
06-07-13, 02:12 AM
HOGHEAD......I hope you do have the wireless headphones so that you and the wife can listen to something else while the kids are at play behind you. My 2007 with the theater package has a separate owners manual just for the entertainment system.

PJ

conedoctor
06-07-13, 02:29 PM
We have brought the Wii, Xbox and a media player on trips. Our kids travel very well :)

Hoghead
06-07-13, 11:27 PM
HOGHEAD......I hope you do have the wireless headphones so that you and the wife can listen to something else while the kids are at play behind you. My 2007 with the theater package has a separate owners manual just for the entertainment system.

PJ

No wireless headsets but we make them plug in headphones. No way i could stand hours upon hours of Disney movies. Lol. The only thing i have on the entertainment package is a small pamphlet which is a quick overview of all the systems of the car.

DougC..
06-13-13, 01:51 AM
We have brought the Wii, Xbox and a media player on trips. Our kids travel very well
Conedoctor, where do I get power to power the xbox? Do you just run a power inverter?