: Different NAV startup

Baldtop
06-04-13, 01:49 PM
2011 Premium package. I have owned this SRX since it was new and up until about 2 weeks ago, I saw the Caution Startup Warning Screen about once a month. Now, it is appearing every time that I start the car. Also, the HDD system is forgetting the Shuffle application and it needs to be reset every time the car is started. Everything else is working properly. Dealer service advisor claims it is working correctly at present and that in the past it was wrong. Can someone advise as to the way that their unit is functioning?

davedogcaddy
06-04-13, 06:12 PM
Service advisor is WRONG. This is classic radio failure, very common on these cars. They can try the software update, but will probably have to replace the radio. Many threads on it. I had it done on my 2010.

Marc NY
06-04-13, 07:20 PM
Service advisor is WRONG. This is classic radio failure, very common on these cars. They can try the software update, but will probably have to replace the radio. Many threads on it. I had it done on my 2010.Yes it was an issue and problem with some of the Nav/ Radio systems. My daughter's 2010 Equinox had received two updates and when is started acting up again I finally asked them to change out the Nav/ radio system. Since then everything is working out fine.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 09:51 AM
2011 Premium package. I have owned this SRX since it was new and up until about 2 weeks ago, I saw the Caution Startup Warning Screen about once a month. Now, it is appearing every time that I start the car. Also, the HDD system is forgetting the Shuffle application and it needs to be reset every time the car is started. Everything else is working properly. Dealer service advisor claims it is working correctly at present and that in the past it was wrong. Can someone advise as to the way that their unit is functioning?

Hello Baldtop,

I see you have gotten some good feedback from other forum members. If you are thinking about having a software update, or changing out the navigation/radio system, let me know. I would like to stay involved throughout this process and make sure your issues are handled. You can private message me if you would like to discuss anything further or have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Andy_TN
06-06-13, 01:09 AM
Just to pile on here. 2010 with MANY trips to the dealer for NAV issues. As others have said, this is the sign of a "sick" Nav, and unfortunately, the only fix is likely a replacement. Still blows my mind that you have to replace hardware for what seems like a software issue. But it's true. Good luck.