: V goes in friday morning...

SBONES
01-27-05, 09:44 AM
Getting corsa put on with first service and doing the differential fluid change. I have the more cai kit on the car now, woundering if there is anything else i can do to clean it up. Pcm maybe, i told my dealer to check if everything is runing right. I want to make sure it is tuned right with the most power with the corsa and intake...

thanks Bones:thumbsup:

urbanski
01-27-05, 11:12 AM
i really doubt the dealer would reflash/"tune" your PCM....that costs big bux, and places like DTE specifically perform this duty.

Besides, as far as you know, yours is the first and only V they've worked on, why trust them with the guts of your car?

CTSV05
01-27-05, 12:35 PM
I agree, leave the tuning to enthusiasts.

DgtalPimp
01-27-05, 01:01 PM
i really doubt the dealer would reflash/"tune" your PCM....that costs big bux, and places like DTE specifically perform this duty.

Besides, as far as you know, yours is the first and only V they've worked on, why trust them with the guts of your car?

After you get a special tune done on your V (DTE, or where ever) you should put a cap on the connector so when the dealer goes to hook up they can see teh cap. Label the cap with a "DO NOT FLASH MY PCM" that way if they have any questions you get called BEFORE they flash it.

urbanski
01-27-05, 01:04 PM
After you get a special tune done on your V (DTE, or where ever) you should put a cap on the connector so when the dealer goes to hook up they can see teh cap. Label the cap with a "DO NOT FLASH MY PCM" that way if they have any questions you get called BEFORE they flash it.
yep, or kiss $400 goodbye when service tech just wants to "check something out"...

or buy another PCM :D

Art138
01-27-05, 02:17 PM
SBONES:

Why are you having the differential oil change on a fairly new V? Is there something we should know?? Also let us know how you like the Corsa. I just ordered a set even though my V has not arrived.

CVP33
01-27-05, 09:06 PM
SBONES:

Why are you having the differential oil change on a fairly new V? Is there something we should know?? Also let us know how you like the Corsa. I just ordered a set even though my V has not arrived.

Changing fluids early is just good insurance. I have 2900 miles as of today and have changed the oil twice. At 5,000 I plan to do the oil, tran and diff.

Hey Doug, since I already installed my BB exhaust myself I was wondering. I have this friend with a V who will be changing his diff and tran fluid and wouldn't mind some help. It's not me honest, it's this friend of mine. His V also happens to be a platinum '05. What a coincedence. :D

PneuBird
01-28-05, 05:45 AM
Considering all the Diff problems were having, I and many others here on the Forum suggest you change the Diff fluids often, especially after your break-in period!! :coolgleam

trukk
01-28-05, 10:30 AM
Getting corsa put on with first service and doing the differential fluid change. I have the more cai kit on the car now, woundering if there is anything else i can do to clean it up. Pcm maybe, i told my dealer to check if everything is runing right. I want to make sure it is tuned right with the most power with the corsa and intake...

thanks Bones:thumbsup:

I just got mine back last night. Had Corsa and FG2 installed. I love the way it sounds. The handling has a slightly different feel now to. It could just be a mental thing, but I feel more confident in it now, it really seems to go exactly were pointed, while at the same time, you can really feel the road. That is a good feeling in a car with this much power [I've kicked in the stabilitrac probabaly half a dozen times since I got the car a week ago.]

-Chris