: Taking my car in the shop.......

tOnE369
01-27-05, 09:33 AM
to check the alignment. What questions should I ask? What specific areas should I ask them to check? I'm really concerned about the tire wear issue and would like to take preventive actions that would save money in the long run. Help please.

Vesicant
01-27-05, 11:02 PM
Have them look for worn out suspension parts/joints etc. Abnormal wear. Right now, preventing feathering isnt really possible until it happens.

Id ask to watch them do the alignment process and make sure you are satisfied with their job. Make sure you have a full tank of gas. Ask what was out of alignment and if they fixed it.

Where are you taking the car to to have its alignment inspected/done? A cadillac dealer would be reccomended...

tOnE369
01-29-05, 08:33 AM
Thanks. Just got a question, though. Why do I need a full tank of gas? Anyhow, I am taking the Cat to a Cadillac Dealership. Will let you guys know what happened when I get back.

tOnE369
02-02-05, 03:27 PM
got the alignment checked over the weekend. everything was good to go. parts are still okay. service advisor told me that there's a slight pull to the left but not to worry about it too much. she said that it is caused by the tire thread. is this true? or, is she bs-ing me?

Vesicant
02-02-05, 04:56 PM
It is possible for it to slightly track left but how worn are your tires?

tOnE369
02-02-05, 06:31 PM
tires are brand spankin' new. replaced all four after my front right tire blew. now i got on winters on.