: heated seats

tOnE369
01-27-05, 09:28 AM
I've noticed that my seats (driver side, passenger side, and the back seats) are not getting hot enough to feel the heat through the leather seats. Is this expensive to fix? If it is.........is it an easy do-it-yourself project? Don't you just have to replace the heating element? Is there more to it than just that?

cadillactech
01-27-05, 08:55 PM
If you pay someone else to do it, it will be fairly expensive. If you have ever worked with seat covers before, it can be done. Just roll the leather back and look for a burned spot in the element. If you do not find one, start checking them with an ohm meter. They are kinda time consuming but like I say, if your a hands-on person, then you can probably handle it.

tOnE369
01-29-05, 08:36 AM
actually, never worked with seat covers before. i just thought that it would be easy. i do consider myself a handy man (but, with no experience) LOL! anyhow, i guess i'll ask for price quotes for now and see if i can watch them do it. so, when it happens again........i should be able to do it myself.

thanks.

cadillactech
01-29-05, 08:58 AM
That would be good. Once you see it done, it will remove some of the stigma of pulling and tugging on an expensive piece of leather. Sounds like after you get to experience the operation, you'll be ready for next time.....