: Venting frustrations..

IvoryWhiteCatera
06-04-13, 01:40 AM
I hate the Catera. I have had to repair something between every oil change only for something else to break. GM should stop sourcing European trash. A car is only as good as its engine and chassis. The chassis is okay, but the engine is crap. Pure crap. England should have nothing to do with engines. Should've gotten rid of it a long time ago. I may be the next kaustein haha. Venting because I want to hit something.

Regards

amunderdog
06-04-13, 02:50 AM
Could have been worse?
You could have ended up with the rebadged cavalier.
Cadillac Cimarron
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/10/1028_50_ugliest_cars_of_past_50_years/image/021_cadillac_cimarron.jpg

MoistCabbage
06-04-13, 03:11 AM
You realize the L81 is a GM designed, and GM built engine, right? Opel has been a GM brand since 1931.

IvoryWhiteCatera
06-04-13, 03:17 PM
You realize the L81 is a GM designed, and GM built engine, right? Opel has been a GM brand since 1931.

Sure, but it's built in Ellesmere Port. And my complaint isn't against Opel, although even Europeans recognize that Vauxhall and Opel are crap brands. The only successful car I can think of is the GTO/Monaro beating with the beautiful small-block Chevy motors.

investor74
06-04-13, 09:55 PM
I hate the Catera. I have had to repair something between every oil change only for something else to break. GM should stop sourcing European trash. A car is only as good as its engine and chassis. The chassis is okay, but the engine is crap. Pure crap. England should have nothing to do with engines. Should've gotten rid of it a long time ago. I may be the next kaustein haha. Venting because I want to hit something.

Regards

Venting is perfectly acceptable and understandable. I've been on this board for quite a while now and have had my Catera for almost 17 years.

Remember that if you have any specific problem, this is a really good group and we try to help.

IvoryWhiteCatera
06-05-13, 01:02 AM
Venting is perfectly acceptable and understandable. I've been on this board for quite a while now and have had my Catera for almost 17 years.

Remember that if you have any specific problem, this is a really good group and we try to help.

Thanks investor74. I'm in the middle of replacing the radiator from which I believe it was spewing coolant during city driving. That is its swansong repair before I get rid of it. One question though. Does the ac condenser hold any coolant? I broke one of the little inlet hoses on the radiator so I need to replace it anyway.

MoistCabbage
06-05-13, 03:16 AM
The condenser contains refrigerant, not coolant.

IvoryWhiteCatera
06-05-13, 03:28 PM
The condenser contains refrigerant, not coolant.

Thank you.

kaustein
06-05-13, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the complement! The car is awful! No other word can describe it. Electrical nightmare! I never had an engine problem or tranny, but engine components, pumps, hose, switches were built with no quality control.