: Strange sound from both wheels in front *please help!!!

jmsweetv
06-03-13, 10:47 PM
So I have a 2005 V that I recently purchased and have a strange noise from both front wheels. It sounds like there is a little rock stuck in the tire and makes a constant clicking sound that get faster as the wheels spin faster. I have a hard time describing what it sounds like....it like when I was little and put a playing card by the spokes of my bicycle wheel to make noise. When I break it is still there but sound is a little deeper in sound. I had my mechanic look at it when he was doing my alignment and couldn't see anything that was obstructing anything. Its not a grinding or a squealing noise. Something sounds like it is clipping something else.

Anyone hear of this? It doesn't matter if I turn or straight. I cannot feel anything in the steering wheel or brake pedal. It does not sound like a wheel bearing. Could it be the tires? My tires are worn on the edges a little but 8/32 tread Goodyear rsa.

I've tested everything and look and cannot figure it out. I've had no success searching this forum or others.

Please help!!!!!

odla
06-04-13, 12:04 AM
Nail in the tire? Did it make this sound before the alignment?

gruvent
06-04-13, 02:08 AM
Broken tps?

jmsweetv
06-04-13, 06:53 AM
No nail and tps is fine. Yes, it did make the noise pre alignment.

darkman
06-04-13, 07:29 AM
Have you rotated the tires? If so, does the noise move with the tires?

seeyouinajif
06-04-13, 07:54 AM
I would check again for nails. Sometimes the heads wear off and they can be difficult to see. Also listen to darkman, rotate the tires to see if noise moves.

AAIIIC
06-04-13, 09:16 AM
Rotating the tires was my first thought, too.

Have you pulled a wheel off and spun the rotor/hub to see if there's any noticeable sound?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-13, 12:19 PM
So I have a 2005 V that I recently purchased and have a strange noise from both front wheels. It sounds like there is a little rock stuck in the tire and makes a constant clicking sound that get faster as the wheels spin faster. I have a hard time describing what it sounds like....it like when I was little and put a playing card by the spokes of my bicycle wheel to make noise. When I break it is still there but sound is a little deeper in sound. I had my mechanic look at it when he was doing my alignment and couldn't see anything that was obstructing anything. Its not a grinding or a squealing noise. Something sounds like it is clipping something else.

Anyone hear of this? It doesn't matter if I turn or straight. I cannot feel anything in the steering wheel or brake pedal. It does not sound like a wheel bearing. Could it be the tires? My tires are worn on the edges a little but 8/32 tread Goodyear rsa.

I've tested everything and look and cannot figure it out. I've had no success searching this forum or others.

Please help!!!!!

Hello jmsweetv,

I apologize for the clipping sound your vehicle is experiencing. I am sorry I cannot offer any technical advice because I am not a certified technician. If you are going to get a mechanic or certified technician to look at your vehicle again, let me know, because I do care about a solution for your issue. If there are other questions or concerns that arise, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

jonathan2169
06-04-13, 12:55 PM
Hello jmsweetv,

I apologize for the clipping sound your vehicle is experiencing. I am sorry I cannot offer any technical advice because I am not a certified technician. If you are going to get a mechanic or certified technician to look at your vehicle again, let me know, because I do care about a solution for your issue. If there are other questions or concerns that arise, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

@Cadillac Cust Svc a bot? ;)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-13, 04:14 PM
@Cadillac Cust Svc a bot? ;)

Hi jonathan2169,

No, definitely not a bot! I am here to assist you in any way that I can. Is there anything I can help answer for you?

Regards,

Laura M.

thebigjimsho
06-05-13, 11:44 PM
pwned!

jmsweetv
06-07-13, 09:03 AM
Yes, rotated tires and still there. I can take the tires out of the equation. Spun the rotors with wheel off and no sound...so could be when weight of car is on the hub.

darkman
06-07-13, 03:25 PM
Yes, rotated tires and still there. I can take the tires out of the equation. Spun the rotors with wheel off and no sound...so could be when weight of car is on the hub.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the only parts at the front of the car rotating at the same speed of the tires (as indicated by the original description of the symptom) are the hubs (bearings) and rotors with the spindle and brake pads being candidates by association. The only possibility that comes to mind is something like a loose fender well hitting the tire.