: New CTS-V owner

Gman1023
06-03-13, 09:55 PM
Well it's been a long time coming but I finally took delivery of my new 2013 OBM Vagon! I've always admired Cadillacs for their style, grace and leadership of the industry in decades past but this is my first Cadillac. Not a bad start.

First of all, I love the car. Driving it makes me forget the nearly 11 week wait between order and delivery (March 9 - May 23). The suspension is top notch, power is incredible and being a wagon it is surprisingly practical. I've had it less than 2 weeks and already have almost 1,300 miles on it. The OBM paint looks different in every light and absolutely no picture does it justice. Even seeing the same color on an ATS doesn't hardly do it justice compared to a V. I feel incredibly fortunate to be 23 and be driving my dream car. Not many people of any age can say that. It may not be a Lamborghini but it's faster than most of them. I figured that if I wanted an awesome car I could get it now and enjoy it while I'm young or wait until I'm 65. I don't want to wait that long and with any luck I'll still be enjoying it then anyway. The Vagon is the perfect jack of all trades car. It is a vehicle no significant other can make you give up because it isn't practical or doesn't have room for the kids.

My first drive in a V was actually at the 2012 Pittsburgh auto show. As a car nut I was aware of it and extremely impressed but I knew relatively few details and didn't know if it was a car for me or not. A buddy and I went and were amazed that Cadillac actually let people test drive V's and for free no less. Needless to say we got in line right away. I drove both the sedan and the wagon and found the wagon to feel better planted and to actually feel faster. I knew I had to have one, so 16 months later here I am. If anyone at Cadillac actually reads these posts or listens, PLEASE restart the test drive program at the auto shows. It really does bring people in.

Options:
-OBM/Ebony
-Auto
-Satin Graphite wheels/grey calipers
-Recaros
-Suede
-Midnight Sapele
-no Ultraview

The last is my favorite. In the driveway with 3 Hybrid Fords.

vfaninva
06-03-13, 10:47 PM
I agree. I bought my first V after a brief test drive at a Barrett Jackson auction.

dennych
06-04-13, 02:56 AM
welcome to vagon town!

pat2t2f
06-04-13, 08:55 AM
Welcome and good luck. I love my wagon. I never thought I would own a wagon that my kids ask to ride in. It's a very cool car.

Chrispy
06-04-13, 08:59 AM
Congrats! Car looks awesome :)

neuronbob
06-04-13, 11:07 AM
OBM FTW! Congrats and welcome to the (vanishingly small, and let's keep it like that :) ) V wagon club.

Gman1023
06-04-13, 06:56 PM
Thanks all for the welcomes and well wishes! I look forward to learning and participating here.

NB, I liked OBM as soon as it came out but the fine pictures of your Vagon re-affirmed that it was the only color I had to have on my Vagon.

Xaqtly
06-04-13, 08:00 PM
... I like your vag. :thumbsup:

SARDEANIE
06-04-13, 08:20 PM
What a nice color! Wow! Enjoy.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 12:41 PM
Thanks all for the welcomes and well wishes! I look forward to learning and participating here.

NB, I liked OBM as soon as it came out but the fine pictures of your Vagon re-affirmed that it was the only color I had to have on my Vagon.

Welcome to the forum Gman1023! This is a great way to stay connected with other Cadillac and Vagon lovers :) That is exciting at your young age you are going after what you want of owning your dream car. I am happy it is in your hands! Enjoy driving it around.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

RaVeNous
06-07-13, 12:50 PM
I purchased mine without a test drive...but thats probably not the best approach!!

hakalugi
06-07-13, 06:40 PM
Welcome and good luck. I love my wagon. I never thought I would own a wagon that my kids ask to ride in. It's a very cool car.

So true. Not 20 minutes ago. My two boys asks In unison: "can we take the caddy?" As we were headed to Scouts

----------

OP. congrats. Great choice. Enjoy it.

spearfish25
06-07-13, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the new car. You only live once and selling it a few years from now will show very little depreciation. The only car I've owned that's been impervious to depreciation the way I expect this one to be was my Land Rover Defender 90. Sold it with 30,000 extra miles for the same price I purchased it for.

I love the OBM. And good for you for not getting the yellow calipers. Silver is much more elegant.

Not only did I buy mine without a test drive, I never even saw it in person. Bought the car from 1200 miles away. No regrets whatsoever. For once, the car mag editors hit the nail on the head with their reviews.

Trapspeed
06-07-13, 07:34 PM
... I like your vag. :thumbsup:

:o Oh reeeeeeaaaaalllllyy??

Gman1023
06-07-13, 08:51 PM
Congrats on the new car. You only live once and selling it a few years from now will show very little depreciation. The only car I've owned that's been impervious to depreciation the way I expect this one to be was my Land Rover Defender 90. Sold it with 30,000 extra miles for the same price I purchased it for.

I love the OBM. And good for you for not getting the yellow calipers. Silver is much more elegant.

Not only did I buy mine without a test drive, I never even saw it in person. Bought the car from 1200 miles away. No regrets whatsoever. For once, the car mag editors hit the nail on the head with their reviews.

Thanks, man! My wheels treatment is largely rooted in practicality. With brakes this large, colorful calipers and shiny wheels will not stay clean for more than about 3,000 feet at a time. How nice of Cadillac to offer brake dust-colored wheels. Besides, if I decide I want the brakes a different color it'll cost me a hell of a lot less than $600 to spray paint the calipers in my backyard.

I will be interested to see how they depreciate and how the curve is affected when production ends. I'm planning to hold onto mine though, I don't ever want to part with it.

VMoose
06-08-13, 10:26 AM
Your wagon looks great! Good choice on the OBM.

Random84
06-08-13, 12:30 PM
Awesome! You're racking up the mileage for sure - I share your joy.

This is now a 2013 OB Wagon picture thread!

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/rra_223/KYSpeedwagon_zps936aa7a1.jpg
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/rra_223/CTSV0_zps6d1bd315.jpg

:D

Gman1023
06-08-13, 07:11 PM
Paging NB for more pics :D

Yours looks terrific. The red calipers really work nicely with the blue and the painted grey wheels. "Oh, it's just a blue station wagon--wait, what's with those brakes?!"