: CTS suspension - expensive to maintain?

stodge
06-03-13, 09:22 PM
New guy here! I'm pondering options for a new car and a used CTS 2010 or 2011 is one of them. I've never owned any kind of luxurious car so I have no idea how expensive they can be to maintain. I remember reading somewhere that the CTS has some form of "fancy suspension" - I can't remember the details. Am I right in thinking that the suspension is therefore more expensive to maintain? The roads here are horrendous so suspensions usually take a beating. Thanks

angelbones
06-03-13, 11:08 PM
You're probably thinking of the CTS-V which has the magnetic ride suspension. Don't know if there are any special maintenance issues on the V suspension but I wouldn't guess so. For the non-V CTS, just normal inspections to your suspensions should suffice.

stodge
06-04-13, 08:52 AM
You're probably thinking of the CTS-V which has the magnetic ride suspension. Don't know if there are any special maintenance issues on the V suspension but I wouldn't guess so. For the non-V CTS, just normal inspections to your suspensions should suffice.

Ok thanks - I must have misread something.

tinman
06-04-13, 12:01 PM
I agree with angelbones. The magnetic suspension on the V is more expensive, but our shocks should not be anything to worry about.

OMG
06-05-13, 02:02 AM
One note. The FE3 performance suspension has self-leveling rear shocks that are pretty damn pricey (to me) at almost $350 each.