: Back Again!!!

'12CTSman
06-03-13, 08:00 PM
As you can tell from my username I am previous owner of a '12 CTS Premium AWD, and before that a '03 CTS. I am now the proud owner of a '13 SRX Premium AWD Black Raven/Ebony. It's a great ride and a great driver. However, I just found my first defect, which is the CD not ejecting the CD, which should have been caught by the dealership. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully, they can get it fixed ASAP and in the meanwhile will give me a red CTS-V Coupe to drive around. Right, in my dreams they will. I hope to be around this forum for quite awhile, or until new car fever hits me again!!! :yup:

Marc NY
06-03-13, 10:43 PM
Wow... with all the Bluetooth, Pandora, XM, HD radio, cell phone music, USB and SD cards I didn't know anyone actually use CDs anymore... :hmm:

Good luck with your latest new great ride! :thumbsup: I do hope the dealer can fix it for you ASAP!

'12CTSman
06-05-13, 01:38 PM
What can I say, I'm am old fart who still enjoys the clarity of CDs over MP3, but I have thousands of songs on MP3 using mini flash drives. That said, the CD will be long gone in a couple of years. I'm calling the service department today to hear what they have to say about the issue.

algiorda
06-05-13, 01:58 PM
Welcome and best of luck with your new SRX!!

I was contemplating going from the SRX to the new 2014 CTS. I'm curious why you didn't get the new CTS? Did you need the room of a X-Over? Were there other issues?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 03:53 PM
As you can tell from my username I am previous owner of a '12 CTS Premium AWD, and before that a '03 CTS. I am now the proud owner of a '13 SRX Premium AWD Black Raven/Ebony. It's a great ride and a great driver. However, I just found my first defect, which is the CD not ejecting the CD, which should have been caught by the dealership. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully, they can get it fixed ASAP and in the meanwhile will give me a red CTS-V Coupe to drive around. Right, in my dreams they will. I hope to be around this forum for quite awhile, or until new car fever hits me again!!! :yup:

Hi '12CTSman,

There is nothing wrong with playing music off a CD. You're not that old, I still play music in my car from CD's as well. Congrats on your new 2012 SRX Premium! I hope the dealership is able to fix your issue fast so you can be back on the road with your awesome SRX Premium!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

'12CTSman
06-23-13, 03:12 PM

Hi '12CTSman,

There is nothing wrong with playing music off a CD. You're not that old, I still play music in my car from CD's as well. Congrats on your new 2012 SRX Premium! I hope the dealership is able to fix your issue fast so you can be back on the road with your awesome SRX Premium!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Sorry I forgot to post the result of my trip to the dealership. According to my service writer they "did a reset" of the system and all was well. However, he told me to watch it as advised by GM tech support and he was told not to replace the CD player for the time being. That does not give me a great sense of confidence that the problem was actually fixed. Time will tell, of course, but so far so good.

P.S. My SRX is awesome, but the CUE system not so much. I hope they get the bugs worked out soon via an update. So far the navi has the worst interface of any car system I have had/used, and I have had many. The navi in my '13 Ford Taurus SHO AWD was perfect when it was working. However, it took two updates and a new navi version, which would have been a $199 update, and two lengthy waits at the dealership to fix it.

----------

Welcome and best of luck with your new SRX!!

I was contemplating going from the SRX to the new 2014 CTS. I'm curious why you didn't get the new CTS? Did you need the room of a X-Over? Were there other issues?

Who says I'm not getting the '14 CTS? Have you been talking to my wife? I trade every year now as I am getting closer to the ultimate auto mall in the sky. I've owned hardtops, sedans, 2-door sedans, coupes, hatchbacks, fastbacks, SUV's, vans, wagons and crossovers, but no convertibles to date.[COLOR="Silver"]

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-13, 12:09 PM
Sorry I forgot to post the result of my trip to the dealership. According to my service writer they "did a reset" of the system and all was well. However, he told me to watch it as advised by GM tech support and he was told not to replace the CD player for the time being. That does not give me a great sense of confidence that the problem was actually fixed. Time will tell, of course, but so far so good.

P.S. My SRX is awesome, but the CUE system not so much. I hope they get the bugs worked out soon via an update. So far the navi has the worst interface of any car system I have had/used, and I have had many. The navi in my '13 Ford Taurus SHO AWD was perfect when it was working. However, it took two updates and a new navi version, which would have been a $199 update, and two lengthy waits at the dealership to fix it.

----------

Who says I'm not getting the '14 CTS? Have you been talking to my wife? I trade every year now as I am getting closer to the ultimate auto mall in the sky. I've owned hardtops, sedans, 2-door sedans, coupes, hatchbacks, fastbacks, SUV's, vans, wagons and crossovers, but no convertibles to date.[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks for the update '12CTSman. I understand how you have a lack of confidence after your dealer visit. I am glad you still enjoy your SRX and sorry you feel poorly about the CUE system. The infotainment field is highly competitive and we have put a lot of internal focus on providing the most innovative systems possible. Unfortunately, I can't provide any details at this time of any possible future updates.

Laura M.

TheCaptain
06-27-13, 08:21 AM
The only thing I found wrong with CUE nav is its slow as balls, and like the rest of GM nav, is hit and miss on being accurate for POI's and up to date.