: rear air schock issue

Sentrex1
06-03-13, 06:03 PM
hello everyone

i have to replace my rear air schocks,that i'm ok with,
but when the schocks are no good anymore does the compressor keep running until it
dies or something makes it stop i am gonna order new schocks but should i test the compressor and how thanks

blackex
06-03-13, 07:57 PM
yes if the rear air shocks no longer are able to hold air the compressor will keep running to fill them. If you no longer hear the compressor kick on after startup most likely it's dead as well. I would have it tested though before replacing it all.

wesyder
06-03-13, 08:40 PM
hello everyone

i have to replace my rear air schocks,that i'm ok with,
but when the schocks are no good anymore does the compressor keep running until it
dies or something makes it stop i am gonna order new schocks but should i test the compressor and how thanks

When mine had a hole in the airbag the compressor would come on for a few seconds then shut off, like it knew it wasn't building pressure

Ran-Dom32
06-04-13, 03:36 PM
I have not heard mine come on in weeks, even after hooking up a heavy trailer, but I have no DIC messages on the dash... I had read somewhere that you would get a service suspension message if the compressor craps out..

wesyder
06-04-13, 06:44 PM
I have not heard mine come on in weeks, even after hooking up a heavy trailer, but I have no DIC messages on the dash... I had read somewhere that you would get a service suspension message if the compressor craps out..

Mine was down for about 2 years and i never got a message