: V-forums

lasstss
01-26-05, 08:23 PM
Hey Sal,
I think we rate mainstream and not a Bi line under CTS.
It aint the same animal!! What do you say. ? A dozen or so CTS-V forum T shirts should pay for it............:sneaky:

01-26-05, 10:01 PM
I have never been considered a "bi" and would prefer not to start now......

Therefore I support this request.

-hetero

CVP33
01-26-05, 10:58 PM
We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore! I am V hear me roar!

CTSV05
01-26-05, 11:00 PM
I'm with 610....but I wish my wife was!!!

D148L0
01-27-05, 12:32 AM

CTSV05, better re-phrase that... the way it is now is hilarious! :histeric:

Vrocks
01-27-05, 01:00 AM
Be careful of what you wish for. :histeric:

There should be a seperate Listing / Catagory for the V, Lasstss has a good point.

dkozloski
01-27-05, 01:04 AM
Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

ctsvett
01-27-05, 02:35 AM
Do you guys even read the regular CTS board? I have found some good stuff there recently that pertains to us.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

lasstss
01-27-05, 10:26 AM
Reed, wer'e not going anywhere, I just thought it a good idea to have our own section like everyone else., We started mixed in. Now we need a break out. Hell its only a little html....:D

01-27-05, 10:49 AM

....and...I....wish.....I....could...come up with a suitable response to that one! :crying: :eek: :histeric: :sneaky: :)

CTSV05
01-27-05, 12:29 PM
Well its very serious here, so I thought we could use a good laugh......well at least thats my wifes response whenever the subject is brought up!!!

:rolleyes2 :histeric:

DgtalPimp
01-27-05, 01:03 PM
In stead of a CTS-V area how about a V area (like a M group area on bmw), with the STS coming and the rest of the V line shortly behind them there are bound to be a much larger V owner population.

ctsvett
01-27-05, 01:30 PM
I think we have more in common with the CTS than other V cars. Lastss, my response above was not meant to say that anybody was going anywhere. I am jsut saying that I have seen some good posts that ARE relevant to us in the base CTS section. We do have alot in common with the CTS so posts are relevant to both v and CTS owners. WIth all due respect DGTL, if there was a V area, I woudl be bothered by the STS-v posts, because they wont relate to me (while some I actually might read).

I think this is most about what is relevant to each group in terms of information. There are CTS owners that read the V section as well.

Just some ideas to think about... Everyone Chime in.

Reed

BeelzeBob
01-27-05, 01:55 PM
"The Team" is working on an idea to get this "V" area more out in the open. It might not be listed under "CTS" for long - but under an entirely new "V" category. Though, there will be separation between CTS, STS and XLR topics, respectively.

Still, we'd like to see only "V-specific" topics posted in this new area. In other words, if your V has an issue that's not V-specific, it would go into the regular CTS area. We're also going to be watching more closely that individual forum sections (ie CTS, Escalade, etc) aren't be used to post "general" topics. In other words, we've got a new team and we're going to be watching closely to make sure topics are posted where they belong.

There's nothing worse (when it comes to forums) than having an important model-specific topic bumped to the 2nd or 3rd page because of newer non-specific discussions...

Vrocks
01-27-05, 02:58 PM
Do you guys even read the regular CTS board? I have found some good stuff there recently that pertains to us.

Reed

Here's how I use the forum:

99% of my time is spent in the CTS-V section of the forum.
The other 1% is shared between the CTS, STS, and XLR forums.

I recently changed my bookmark to load the CTS-V section by default.

-EDIT-

"The Team" is working on an idea to get this "V" area more out in the open. It might not be listed under "CTS" for long - but under an entirely new "V" category. Though, there will be separation between CTS, STS and XLR topics, respectively.

Still, we'd like to see only "V-specific" topics posted in this new area. In other words, if your V has an issue that's not V-specific, it would go into the regular CTS area. We're also going to be watching more closely that individual forum sections (ie CTS, Escalade, etc) aren't be used to post "general" topics. In other words, we've got a new team and we're going to be watching closely to make sure topics are posted where they belong.

There's nothing worse (when it comes to forums) than having an important model-specific topic bumped to the 2nd or 3rd page because of newer non-specific discussions...
:thumbsup:

Sal, your sig reminded me... I'm also signing up to become a supporting member.

-Update-
That was quick! :D

lasstss
01-27-05, 03:13 PM
Hey I was bored that night so I thought i would start a V ruckas. It worked. :lildevil:
These are all windows to each vehicle type. We can all look anywhere we want just like the GTO forum and ls1 tech etc. I just thought it was time to get our little v window out in the open. I dont think it effects anything other than create a better visual reference. I never look at the CTS stuff. Probably should but Im more interested in what the guys are doing with the LS-6 not the 6 bangers. If it stays the same, thats ok too.:)

lasstss
01-27-05, 03:16 PM

Hey Sal, we need Forums Tee shirts, what do you think.? I want John Gotti's pic on the back of mine...V forums on the front.. (just kidding)

BeelzeBob
01-27-05, 03:53 PM
Thank you, VRocks and to everyone else who's been helping out. It's a really nice feeling to know I don't have to shell out the money all by myself. :) I probably go a little overboard by adding new scripts and software, but I don't want this place to be missing anything. I'd like it to stay cutting edge. Apparently, you appreciate that. :) Thank you...

Tee shirts.. Boy, that would be cool. I think we attempted it at one time. It might be in the lounge where Brett tried to get something going - but it never happened. We need an artist. :)

As for the V forums - we're working something out that should make everybody happy. Before we do anything, we'll present the idea to you guys to see what you think. I want to make everybody happy - but that's not always easy. In fact, sometimes it's quite difficult.. However, I do my best - and I've got a great team behind me helping out. :)

We'll keep you posted...

lasstss
01-27-05, 05:23 PM
Guys, I dont mind coordinating the T shirt thing if you are interested.
Once we 'can' a design, set a cost price. We add a few bucks to each to support the forum?? Cash goes to SAL. I think we start off with the 'Cadillac Owners.com.. The standard of the world wide web" and take it from there.

If no one likes the idea, just say so and Ill bag it, no offense taken. We can pile up some ideas a-la -'the FAQ' if Reed doesent mind..?? :hide:

BeelzeBob
01-27-05, 05:25 PM
I don't want to change the subject here so I'm going to copy what you wrote and start a new topic in the "Lounge". Okay?

lasstss
01-27-05, 06:14 PM
I don't want to change the subject here so I'm going to copy what you wrote and start a new topic in the "Lounge". Okay?

Sal, I may have misunderstood you. By moving the subject are you pulling this thread from the V forum??:hmm:

CTSV05
01-27-05, 06:34 PM
We could do a Black and Platinum V along with maybe a racy version of a V, like similar to the SCCA car, but no exact copy, don't need lawyers in on it.

That could go on the back, and do the Crest with reference to this forum and board on the front.

Hmm...Maybe?

Vrocks
01-27-05, 07:14 PM
Sal, I may have misunderstood you. By moving the subject are you pulling this thread from the V forum??:hmm:

I think he's going to make a copy of this thread and post it in the Lounge section.

lasstss
01-27-05, 07:33 PM
I think he's going to make a copy of this thread and post it in the Lounge section.

Yea, I guess I misunderstood. As far as rights , I think if this is non profit its no issue. No one will be making money on it. Bret started it in the lounge didnt get much action but I think that is because it was in the lounge. I asked Reed if he could host pix suggestions and we would have place to compile ideas. If I knew how to do this webstuf, I would do it but I dont. Lets see what Reed says aboout a spot on the FAQ. We can go from there. I know a reasonable screenprinter from the Impala club. They do a nice job. Im thinking we use a Black Tee.

ctsvett
01-27-05, 09:17 PM
Lastss,
What do you want me to host? I am happy to host all V related stuff... including cool CTS-V pictures (which I do already btw: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/cshots/index.html

Let me know,

Reed

BeelzeBob
01-27-05, 09:52 PM
Rights. Hmm.. No logos.. That will be a problem one way or another.

You do realize we've officially hijacked this discussion, right?

lasstss
01-27-05, 11:31 PM
Lastss,
What do you want me to host? I am happy to host all V related stuff... including cool CTS-V pictures (which I do already btw: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/cshots/index.html

Let me know,

Reed

Well, Ill worry about logos. Blame it on me. What would be good is for the CTS and CTS-V members to submit what they would like to see on a shirt. (Cadillac cts related.) We could use the forum name on the back and a V shot in front. When we get a bunch of ideas, we can vote on the design, price it and get it made. We will add a few bucks to support the forum and send it off to Sal.
Reed, you will have to tell everyone where to send the PSP or jpg files. We can go from there. I will ask Brett to submit the few that he already has.. Of course if we dont get any response,we can bag it. :drinker

CTSV05
01-27-05, 11:52 PM
Fine Then!! HHMMMPPHH!

ahahnu
01-27-05, 11:56 PM
I've wanted a tee shirt to wear when out of my V for some time. I'm no designer but black with the V logo on the chest and cadillacowners.com on the back would be awesome

lasstss
01-28-05, 10:44 AM
Submit pics to Reed at the FAQ. I guess he can put them in the image library under some heading. ctsvett@verizon.net
YOu can send written descriptions and suggestions to me.
mam@niroinc.com I will compile the info and the voting suggestions can be viewed on the FAQ..

Thanks..

lasstss
01-28-05, 03:51 PM
Submit pics to Reed at the FAQ. I guess he can put them in the image library under some heading. ctsvett@verizon.net
YOu can send written descriptions and suggestions to me.
mam@niroinc.com I will compile the info and the voting suggestions can be viewed on the FAQ..

Thanks..

Hey gang, lets get some ideas off to Reed. This is a big forum and Sal needs the cash to keep it going. We need picture suggestions. You guys spend more money on lunch... :D

ctsvett
01-28-05, 05:07 PM
Also, what ever happened to the calendar images, I never got them... I can post them on that page as well. Those may make good T-shirt pictures too:

Reed