: HDD Files

LMC_Caddy
06-03-13, 02:14 PM
whenever I record to my HDD from either a flash drive or from a CD, the songs are listed in alphabetical order. Is this normal ? Is there a way to arrange songs as listed from its original source

westham
08-28-13, 04:04 PM
Mine is the same, they play in alphabetical order also. I think I'm in the shuffle mood so it should just play at random ........ I will need to check, does anyone else know why this would be?

MJDART
08-30-13, 11:53 AM
When I plug in a Memory Stick it lists in alphabetical. Using shuffle plays it at random. I would think the HDD would be exactly the same as it is most likely a big memory stick itself.

I have my music files divided by decades on my pc, so I have went and got myself smaller flash drives 512MB to 1GB and dumped the different decades onto each. Then I use the shuffle mode giving me "channels" just like my XM Radio choices.

westham
08-30-13, 10:42 PM
When I plug in a Memory Stick it lists in alphabetical. Using shuffle plays it at random. I would think the HDD would be exactly the same as it is most likely a big memory stick itself.

I have my music files divided by decades on my pc, so I have went and got myself smaller flash drives 512MB to 1GB and dumped the different decades onto each. Then I use the shuffle mode giving me "channels" just like my XM Radio choices.

Yes MJDART you are correct the HDD plays random songs when shuffle is selected, thanks for the info.