: Found the SES P102 issue! Now A/C issue

STS4me
01-26-05, 05:06 PM
I guess when I changed out the front motor mount when I jacked up the engine and dropped the cradle i pinched the MASS wires going to the MAS flow sensor. so after doing some looking i can see the cut wires and will have to splice them..........ONE for Caddy engineeribng for keeping her running!

Next is the A/C.......I went to the fuse box and located the A/C relay and did not find that removing and cleaning did anything........the a/c blows and works on heat but nada for cool.

NO CODES for A/C why? shouldnt there be? Where is the A/C fuse?

How can I jump the compressor to engage if i have no code problems?

Its a 2000 STS

Thanks for all your help Guys!!!!!!

cadillactech
01-26-05, 07:53 PM
If the system looses refrigerant abruptly, it will not set a code. Do you know the state of charge in the system? If it is full, have you had the compressor unplugged? I would check for voltage and ground at the compressor and work my way back from there. Look closely at the terminals in the compressor clutch, they have a nasty habit of getting bent and not making connection.

STS4me
01-27-05, 01:27 PM
i pressed the pressure fittings to see if any gas would escape on top in the engine bay and nothing leaked out but then again i couldnt tell if i was pushing the valve hard enough to for it to leak out

mcowden
01-27-05, 02:03 PM
That thing you did with the valve? Don't do that. You can really hurt yourself if you actually manage to open the valve, which is unlikely. You need a gauge to determine the pressure in the system. You can pick one up at pretty much any auto parts store. The system uses R-134a refrigerant, NOT R-12, so you need the proper gauge. A cheapie should cost around $10 - $25. It goes on the low pressure side, which is the larger diameter hose, and will only fit on the valve it's intended for. (yes, I know I shouldn't end sentences with prepositions)

Hope that helps...

STS4me
01-27-05, 02:20 PM
yes thanks it did help. will try tonight

MetaPhaze
01-27-05, 02:32 PM
Hi Loaded!

STS4me
01-27-05, 03:14 PM
Phaze my boy WTF? Us caddy owners need to stick together!!!!!

MetaPhaze
01-27-05, 03:25 PM
haha, I thought your symptons you posted on http://www.pre-ban.com (All you Caddy owners are invited to visit over their) sounded eerily familar to this thread.

STS4me
01-27-05, 03:39 PM
it be me broham////I am a jack booted gun toting caddy owner!!!!