: second hose on master cylinder reservoir?

YoshiMan
06-03-13, 01:45 PM
Could anyone tell me that the big black hose running from the front if the master cylinder fluid reservoir goes to? It looks like an accumulator for the stabilitrak or something, but my main question is that I'm doing a brake system flush and im curious on how to flush that as well?

The factory service manual doesn't mention anything else other than the 4 wheel valves in the "brake flush" section. Thanks!

the cadillac man
06-03-13, 03:12 PM
Could anyone tell me that the big black hose running from the front if the master cylinder fluid reservoir goes to? It looks like an accumulator for the stabilitrak or something, but my main question is that I'm doing a brake system flush and im curious on how to flush that as well?

The factory service manual doesn't mention anything else other than the 4 wheel valves in the "brake flush" section. Thanks!

There is a feed line and a return line for brake booster from the power steering pump

YoshiMan
06-03-13, 03:16 PM
Disregard, i found it once i got home and looked in the book. Its called the precharge pump and it is part of the ABS/TRAC system, and i imagine it will flush clean fluid through itself once its all been changed

the cadillac man
06-03-13, 04:16 PM
Disregard, i found it once i got home and looked in the book. Its called the precharge pump and it is part of the ABS/TRAC system, and i imagine it will flush clean fluid through itself once its all been changed

Oh ok I figured it had to go somwhere
It will flush itself once the fluid has been changed