: Easy way out for washing and waxing

jghiller
06-03-13, 02:44 PM
Take a look at this new Turtle Wax commercial - no hose needed just some Turtle Wax solution in a bucket of water with a cloth - then you soak the cloth and wipe all the dirt off you car and wax it at the same time. Not sure how reusing a dirtly towel in dirty water is going to work out. Then just buff clean and dry with a new towel. Dont use the one used for washing(kidding). I think the jury is still out on this one.
http://www.turtlewax.com/rinsefree/

The_Judge
06-03-13, 03:18 PM
Hmmm! IMHO this is in the "if it sounds too good to be true" category of advertising hype.

This stuff MIGHT be OK for IF your car has only a layer of dust on it, but if there is any real dirt, bird droppings, grease, etc., on the paint, I wouldn't even try using it for fear of damaging the finish.

Bandit1
06-03-13, 06:17 PM
Uh...no.

popacork
06-03-13, 07:01 PM
Not on my Caddy.

gohawks63
06-03-13, 09:21 PM
Uh...no.

Ditto that. At that point you might as well go to a car wash and pay the extra $1 for the spray wax. P

HurstGN
06-17-13, 01:20 PM
Interesting, this is just the opposite of a product they introduced about 2 years ago. First, you washed the car as normal and rinse off (with the hose), then while wet, you applied the wax to the wet surface. To remove the haze, you could buff with a towel, or the new revolutionary part, rinse with a strong stream of water! Yup, using the hose again. I saw this at an NHRA event in Norwalk. I'll watch for this new deal at Norwalk this year and see if they are there touting that now you don't need water at all. It'll be interesting to ask what happened to the rinse twice product. :stirpot:

OMG
06-18-13, 03:12 AM
No thanks. I'll stick to using a good sealant every 6 months and wash and dry it once a week.

C "T" ess
06-18-13, 12:07 PM
Turtle Wax comes out with a lot of new products but they never seem to stay on the market very long.

ctspremium
06-18-13, 07:03 PM
Not on your best day!

DEVIL1
06-18-13, 07:22 PM
:lawl:Not in my house:lildevil:

lvdw55
06-19-13, 10:31 PM
No PROUD Cadillac owner would take an 'easy way out' when it comes to the appearance of their caddy! Just my opinion.

Leaf 68
06-19-13, 11:22 PM
No PROUD Cadillac owner would take an 'easy way out' when it comes to the appearance of their caddy! Just my opinion.

I even started using a separate rinse bucket along with my soap soap bucket this year for my weekly
washes. I will say though that I have been using "Zip Wax" Turtle Wax car wash for years and find it works really well!

hauler
06-20-13, 12:04 PM
For more tha 50 years, I've never used soap to clean a car unless I intend to apply wax. I found that dirt and bugs come off with water and a hand towel if the car is waxed (and the bugs haven't been baking in the sun for weeks). If the dirt won't come off, it's time for me to wax the car.

gohawks63
06-21-13, 01:05 AM
For more tha 50 years, I've never used soap to clean a car unless I intend to apply wax. I found that dirt and bugs come off with water and a hand towel if the car is waxed (and the bugs haven't been baking in the sun for weeks). If the dirt won't come off, it's time for me to wax the car.

Really?! The soap is essential to act as a lubricant between the dirt and your finish.

hauler
06-21-13, 09:45 AM
Yeah. It's the way my father wanted his new 1960 Chrysler washed when I was learning to drive. It just stuck with me. I have had cars in primer paint (34 dodge, gto) where that doesn't work, but I tend to keep the cars waxed, and it works for me. The 1966 corvette I owned for 25 years, went coast to coast and border to border on road tours, getting washed in motel parking lots with a motel waste bin full of plain water. It only needed a repaint after 18 years because it was hit in the side.

gohawks63
06-21-13, 11:20 AM
Yeah. It's the way my father wanted his new 1960 Chrysler washed when I was learning to drive. It just stuck with me. I have had cars in primer paint (34 dodge, gto) where that doesn't work, but I tend to keep the cars waxed, and it works for me. The 1966 corvette I owned for 25 years, went coast to coast and border to border on road tours, getting washed in motel parking lots with a motel waste bin full of plain water. It only needed a repaint after 18 years because it was hit in the side.

Yeah but you will still get those fine scratches in your clear coat

lvdw55
06-23-13, 06:05 PM
I even started using a separate rinse bucket along with my soap soap bucket this year for my weekly
washes. I will say though that I have been using "Zip Wax" Turtle Wax car wash for years and find it works really well!

I also use Zip Wax in my wash water. That's just for washing, though, and I've used it since I was a teen. That was many, many years ago:p

NYDockingPilot
06-23-13, 09:17 PM
Not on my CTS either. No way. I always hand wash with lots of water and soap. I also use Pinnacle Brazilian Carnuba after. The black shines ten miles deep.
My gripe is after washing the car it takes its time shedding water. Even if I use my back pack blower before towel drying, the car slowly drips water down the doors from the moldings. Drives me nuts !! Lol
Bad ass looking car though all shined up. I love it.

Leaf 68
06-23-13, 11:03 PM
I also use Zip Wax in my wash water. That's just for washing, though, and I've used it since I was a teen. That was many, many years ago:p

Along with Zip Wax car wash, I wax with Meguiar's NXT or Ultimate, three times per year.