: Cadillac owners like big cars...

BeelzeBob
01-26-05, 10:54 AM
I think it's becoming more and more obvious that most Cadillac owners like large automobiles. So far, on our Cadillac Review (http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-reviews/cadillac-reviews.html) page, it's almost all DeVilles and Fleetwoods...

slk230mb
01-26-05, 12:07 PM
Give me a Caddy land yacht anyday of the week. The V is the only smaller car that I really really want to have when I can afford it.

CoupeDevilleRob
01-26-05, 07:54 PM
If I liked small cars I'd be on a Honda forum or something like that. I like everything big, except my women.

Hey slk just noticed your signature. I guess Aspen White has taken on a whole new meaning LOL.

DopeStar 156
01-26-05, 08:08 PM
I can only drive a big car. I learned on a Lincoln and I've been driving huge cars ever since.

evilrussian
01-26-05, 08:27 PM
Hah, I guess I don't fit in the description. Even though I DO like big cars, I also like some of the smallest ones too, I used to have Focus ZX3 btw... I like Honda CRX too, ya know...

Adam
01-26-05, 08:56 PM
thats all i drive. nothing small for me, i love them big cars. Caddies Linkys, its all cool.

devilleconcours100
03-12-05, 12:49 PM
I learned how to drive on a Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, the best car I ever owned. It was 20 years old at the time, and I kept running forever, even after I had an accident with it and plowed it into a ditchbank. I didn't even have to get a tow truck because I could drive it out of the ditchbank. It was a regular sized car at that time, but now it would be longer than a new Deville Protection Series Factory Limo. I learned to drive on big cars, and the only mid-size car I ever owned, a 1995 Mercedes E420, was too small for my taste. So I went back to GM and got myself the 1994 Concours.

Thanks

Leloz
03-12-05, 01:51 PM
Large sedans are the only sedan for me (just look at my current ownership list). Save the smaller autos for the sports car category.

90Brougham350
03-15-05, 11:46 AM
Americans don't drive little cars, we like big ones! With large fins, and miles of chrome, and a nice powerful V8! There's nothing fun about riding in a vehicle built for fuel economy, my fiance's Tercel proves that! Plush leather seats, and big floaty suspension, I'll take that anyday!

Brian

Katshot
03-15-05, 12:01 PM
I like ALL size vehicles but IMO, a CADILLAC was always supposed to be excessive in all ways. That's why my car is longer than a friggin' Chevy Suburban! :cool:

majax
03-15-05, 05:53 PM
I like ALL size vehicles but IMO, a CADILLAC was always supposed to be excessive in all ways. That's why my car is longer than a friggin' Chevy Suburban! :cool:exactly I like Cadillacs because they are excessive. Only problem is that they are excessively large on the reparis to sometimes.

CADDYBLACK99
03-15-05, 06:22 PM
Size does matter...! I like to ride in class and comfort and my Concours does both of those really well. I also move safety up into the top three important factors when buying a car. After you have been rear-ended (@35mph while at a stop light) you get a little picky as to what you surround yourself and family in for that week on the road, or the trip to the store. I feel safe in my 4000 lb luxo-crusier with front and side impact bags. (not sure I feel the same about some of the euro-boxes out there!)
Just my opinion.
Paul

slk230mb
03-15-05, 06:46 PM
If I liked small cars I'd be on a Honda forum or something like that. I like everything big, except my women.

Hey slk just noticed your signature. I guess Aspen White has taken on a whole new meaning LOL.

Damn, I just noticed your response, I'm an idiot. I was the only car in the parking lot that didn't have to shovel a path for the tires. You should have seen it when it snowed the week after, the roof had like 18" of snow on it. It looked like it extended into the hill.

Jesda
03-15-05, 09:03 PM
I've always been a fan of understated power (Q45, XJ8, former 7 series) but I've taken a liking for Cadillac's bold approach to luxury (CTS, Escalade, STS, XLR). If youre going to spend 50-80 grand, why not make a strong statement?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-16-05, 05:31 PM
Im not nessesarily a big car kinda guy ....ive owned 7 cars so far , only this one has been over 3,000 lbs ....I was a euro kind of person , small responsive cars that emphisised perfromance at the cost of my kidenys and lower back after 2 hours .....3 wheeling to me involoved a VW product and a few rubber cones .....

After the crash i went big , so i could at least be able to drive and not feel too scared ...i still dont like driving in any conditions other than dry pavement , i wont touch ice and i hate rain .....The cadillac was the only car i felt remotely safe in , i hypervenatlted in a replcemnt G20 for the one that was destoryed , and damn near passed out in a MR2.....

Ive gotten beatter , it was 9 months ago i was able to drive a 88 Fiero , then i relized i may be able to pull off a corvette ....sure enough....84-96 vettes are a nice fit and i enjoy driving them...

But im becoming a big car guy ....i want either a 9c1 Caprice or a fleetwood to toss a LS1 and 6 speed into ...id rather have the 9c1 so i can build a retro 409 byscainye deal (v8 manual tranny and dog dish hubcaps baby)...but ill setlle for a nice driftwood fleetwood....

but only after i get my C4 Vette

Scandalous
03-19-05, 03:47 AM
i like big cars because i am tall, and i like to have room to stretch out. plus, you never know when the wreath and crest might inspire some girl to wanna get down... gotta have lots of room for that. sex in a taurus, uh uh

ReagansRollsRoyce
03-25-05, 01:59 PM
Cadillacs should always be big, for comfort, safety, and prestige.
I learned to drive on a 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria. It was my first car, and it survived an accident when I was hit in the side at 45 mph. The driver of the other car, a 2000 Accord (new at the time) went to the hospital. I jumped out right after impact and was the one who called the police, completely unhurt. Since then I have sworn off anything small.
I always wanted a Cadillac, my grandfather had driven them since the 1950s (including a gold 1959...wish I had that!) and I remembered the ride quality even as a little kid, so following the Crown Vic's demise I bought my 87 Brougham. If the CV rode well, the Brougham is even better and more comfortable and I hope to continue to drive BIG Cadillacs for the rest of my life.

I am so used to the handling, room, safety, and general parking procedures for big cars now that I think I would feel insecure, unsafe, and cramped in anything small.

TomDeville
03-25-05, 11:03 PM
Big equals Safe.
Comfortable, powerful
and prestigious equals Cadillac.
When some fool in a civic hits
you, he's the one going to the
hospital ;and, not you and yours.
Moreover, it is my contention that
the whole Catera idea was ill advised.
Just my 3 cents.

TomDeville :coolgleam
Cadillac 4Life

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-29-05, 10:03 PM
i got a caddy b/c i wanted V8 power and i always loved luxo cruisers (i had a '57 chrysler since i was 4) I love the: Power, Ride, Seats, Interior, extra design features, torquey smooth exclusive V8, great design, safety, interior space, trunk space, long hood, classicaly elegant design, cadillac name, the prestige, "best america can produce" reputation, and the neighbors are envious, and it's not your typical teenage ride, and not everyone has one, i feel elegant and rich driving it, saying "oh yah, thats my caddy", all the parts are built with quality and durability in mind.

Im not so fond of: the fact it needs premium, it's kinda a gas hog, the cramped engine bay, it doesnt handle the best, the main bearing thump that lots of 4.9's have, and the fact GM is sort of cheap on some parts, the coolant leak (again very common on ALL aluminium block 4.1, 4.5, 4.9, uhhhh cant think of anything else

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-29-05, 10:11 PM
my favorite types of cars nowadays: BIG Luxury sedans/ coupes,( mostly caddy, lincoln,M-B) sport sedans with a V6 or larger (SHO,M5,GTP,SSEI,LSS, etc) sporty coupes: (GTP, any t-bird made before 2002) Ford Large Pickup Trucks (F series, Lincoln Blackwood, Lincoln Mark LT)

So basically, 97% of the cars i like are longer than 190" which makes about 10% of those midsize (190"-196") and the rest are fullsize (197"+)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-29-05, 10:12 PM
and muscle cars...i've loved muscle cars since i was a kid (especially 1968-70)

davesdeville
03-30-05, 06:37 PM
I have a 75 Deville. 5149 pounds, wider than an H2, longer than an Excursion. I owned a 86 Dodge Omni(Vore), it was cramped and small and weighed in at 2300 pounds. I didn't like it and I shudder at the thought of being plowed by something like.. a 75 Deville in the Omni. The 95 ETC is about as small as I want to go and it's still over 3800. I like my cars BIG :yup:

Fleet
04-05-05, 07:44 PM
and muscle cars...i've loved muscle cars since i was a kid (especially 1968-70)

Me, too. I've always liked both Cadillacs and '60s/early '70s American muscle cars. Especially Mopars like the '69 Dodge Charger R/T w/440 or 426-Hemi, '69 Dodge Coronet R/T, '69 Dart GTS 340, '70 340 Duster, '70/'71 Hemicuda, etc.

1969 is my favorite year for muscle cars (and Cadillacs).

malcolm
04-05-05, 07:53 PM
Nothing but Big Detroit Iron Luxobarges for me, my evolution went from Chevrolet to Oldsmobile to Cadillac. Ever since my big a$$ dented the seat cushion of my first Caddy I never looked back. Size does matter.

addison_ii
04-20-05, 12:30 AM
I love big cars,bankrolls,houses,and parties.The only thing I want small is problems

lev
04-29-05, 02:49 AM
Cadillac owners like big cars

5 year long study confirmed that it's dark during the night.

International research agrees: snow is white.

Sightings of an Easter Bunny proven false.

Conductor Al
05-02-05, 02:07 AM
If those are yachts, this is an ocean liner and by end of business tomorrow, it will be MY ocean liner. Until the ship comes in, this will be the only photograph of her.

fast66
05-17-05, 01:07 AM
I only like SUVs. Thats all I really drive and cadillac makes the biggest and best.