: Out ran a CHP & STI!!!

bryce3
01-26-05, 06:31 AM
I was coming home tonight at about 1:15 a.m. when a WRX (STI) pulled along side me at about 85mph. I let him go for a minute until traffic cleared up and then I pulled up along side of him. I was in fourth doing about 85mph and I pulled away from him pretty hard. We went at it for a couple of miles until we passed a CHP on the side of the road. We were going at least 115mph. I saw the patrol car take off from the side of the road, I imediately cut on my fog lights and turned off the tail & head lights :sneaky: and smashed off the next exit. I made acouple of right turns and found a dark corner, cut off the fog lights and shut the V down. I saw the patrol car get off at the same exit I did but he must of thought I tried to double back on the other side of the freeway. Got lucky this time. I won't be driving the V for couple of days, I have to drive the same road every day at around the same time with my luck I'll run into the cop I lost tonight. But it sure was fun spanking that STI :D.
-Sean

CTSV05
01-26-05, 09:29 AM
Sounds exciting!!!

Be careful, cops are very vindictive.

akm2k5
01-26-05, 10:04 AM
wow, glad you didnt get caught or else someone would have been spanking you when they took you to jail... Nice kill...

trekster
01-26-05, 10:54 AM
Your lucky you didn't get caught.
......Maybe it's time to buy yourself a V1 police radar?

DgtalPimp
01-26-05, 11:34 AM
Well workign an STI is fun, but playing with Johnny is not a way to go.

You cant out run a Motorola (Radio in their car).

01-26-05, 11:39 AM
I am not sure if this forum provides you with enough anonymity to be admitting to felonies online.......(not the speeding.....but the running away may earn you a guest suite at the local lockup...)

ylwjacket
01-26-05, 11:48 AM
and whoever congratulates your feat is equally asinine.

If you play around with your car, so be it. But posting here about successfully breaking the law is plain stupid.

Especially, since as you say, you turned off your lights, etc. Thus creates undue safety hazards to yourself, and worse, to others.

Grow up.

lasstss
01-26-05, 12:10 PM
Ah, the self rightious arise. Everyone with a hot rod has done this at lease once. If they dont catch you in the act, its your word against theirs. Next day they can whistle.... OF course its not the right thing to do. That and about 1000 other things on the road. You place your bet, you take your chances. :devil:

dkozloski
01-26-05, 12:28 PM
If you want to play the game straight up; when they catch you, don't come whining around here looking for sympathy and don't try to lie your way out of it. Richard Nixon can tell you all about it some day. The Marine MP's had a pool out on me. When I finally got caught the MP couldn't stop grinning and saying "I won the pool, I won the pool". I was pretty lucky at that, I only got banned from the base for two weeks.

homer403
01-26-05, 12:40 PM
OK, I have to agree with lasstss, to all you the self rightious :cookoo: , why are you even on a CTS-V forum, I hear Ralph Nader has a great forum going... go there:histeric: ..... granted, what bryce3 did is stupid, but who hasn't been equally stupid themselves. We are all gear heads... enjoy his story and be glad are all safe.

ylwjacket
01-26-05, 12:46 PM
Re-read my post. I'm saying that it is dumb to brag about breaking the law in a place like this. That, to me, doesn't seem to be a part of a car-enthusiasts public discussion.

The second part, which I have said before, is it is wrong to take undue chances with your car that could endanger others. Things like driving 120 (or better) mph on a freeway qualify. So does turning off your lights in traffic as you exit the freeway.

If you want to kill yourself in your car, then so be it. Just don't do it in a way that might take others with you.

I won't say that I've never turned off an exit ramp when I saw a cop do a u-turn across the median. I also won't say that I ever DID do it.

That is the point.

01-26-05, 12:46 PM
Sorry if I came across as self-righteous; I was trying to highlight the risk of a public admission of guilt. It makes denials a bit tough (and such admissions are admissible in court as one of the 23 exceptions to the "hearsay" rule).

My one admittedly self-righteous comment, though, is that I have great respect for policemen and policewomen, and our bragging/congratulating about "beating them" on this forum, in my humble opinion, brings us all down a notch.

over and out.

Doug

DarkKnight
01-26-05, 12:55 PM
Lord knows I can't throw any stones. ;)

PneuBird
01-26-05, 02:09 PM
I don't even want to think about all the laws I've broken in the past 40 years of driving down the road .....lets say we all do dumb things sometimes!!! :cookoo:

wicked v
01-26-05, 02:15 PM
For what is it worth the CHP crown vics are rev limited at 130. If you really think that officer is going to be looking for you over the next few days you are sadly mistaken. By the time he got back to the office he already forgot about you. Chances are during his shift he dealt with some drunk A$$ (A@$) hole or had a major grinder of some sort. Your just another speeder and 10 minutes after your little incident he was having just as much fun chasing someone else. ;)

ctsvett
01-26-05, 02:36 PM
We have all been there (well it sounds like most of us).... Only as a last resort. Be careful.

I have done something similar in the past. I have termemdouns respect for police officers. Many are my friends. Some of them are just like us (car people) and some can be real mean. They will get a thrill out of chasing you down, but then get real mad at you. My only advice, be VERY careful, because you dont know which type of officer is in the car behind you. Either way, you will get busted and they will be mad! And remember, the second you decide to run, you become the hunted and the "bad" guy. We dont want to see a V on the 5:00 news.

Oh and they have helicopters (and motorolas) which I dont think the V can outrun... Yet....

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

bryce3
01-27-05, 07:45 AM
I didn't mean to come off sounding like I was bragging about my encounter with the law. I guess if I would of gotten caught and told the same story with a much more punishing ending, opinions about my ego might be different. What ever, if colorful stories aren't welcome on this forum maybe we should stick to talking about magazine articles and how nice our after market exhaust systems sound and simply leave out any real world encounters be they risky or safe ones.
-Sean

ylwjacket
01-27-05, 10:34 AM
I didn't mean to come off sounding like I was bragging about my encounter with the law. I guess if I would of gotten caught and told the same story with a much more punishing ending, opinions about my ego might be different. What ever, if colorful stories aren't welcome on this forum maybe we should stick to talking about magazine articles and how nice our after market exhaust systems sound and simply leave out any real world encounters be they risky or safe ones.
-Sean

bryce -

I'll apologize for coming on a little strong (ok - maybe a lot strong:bighead: ). This is a good forum with good people and good info. Obviously, tales of messing with the law and driving too fast get me a little. I happened to be also having a realtively miserable day at work yesterday when I read your initial post.

I need to learn to 'internalize' a little more.

Back to fun stuff.

V-Max
01-27-05, 11:57 AM
bryce, I liked your story. Keep them coming!

Norm

drdsgolf
01-27-05, 06:09 PM
Bryce, I won't moralize about your post. I think there is some small risk in posting your story here. I do think attempting to outrun a cop is high risk behavior. As someone posted, they have radio and they have friends on either side of you. If you get caught, you are looking at felony charges. That's different from speeding, by the way.

ds

jdodman
01-27-05, 06:44 PM
Hey - I am so old, I remember when drag racing was dangerous and sex was safe ??

CVP33
01-27-05, 09:17 PM
Hey - I am so old, I remember when drag racing was dangerous and sex was safe ??

That made me chuckle. Probably because it's true.

jdodman
01-27-05, 10:25 PM
I thought the thread needed a little levity. It was getting a little too heavy.

If you grew up in the late 60s - owned your first car in the early-mid 70's,
you understand my joke.

PneuBird
01-28-05, 05:24 AM
Drop back another 10 years..........Damm I think I'm dating myself!! :hmm:

cdog533
01-28-05, 11:32 AM
Just edit your post to say "Here's what might have happened:"

Remember, its only speeding, etc. if he can't PROVE you knew he was there. If the evidence says you knew there was a cop back there, its felony eluding.

dkozloski
01-28-05, 11:47 AM
Twenty years repentin', in old San Quentin.