: Can't update contact list

TimTown
06-02-13, 07:56 PM
I've tried in vain to change CUE's understanding of my iPhone5 contact list content, but I can't. Before my updated CUE, I paired my iPhone5 and all my contacts were available in the CUI listing. OK, new report. About a week ago my dealer updated the CUI release 23124322 to release number 23150273 (supposedly the latest release).

I used my addressbook on my MAC Pro and stripped out all "'" "(" ")" "-" from names, suspecting a data compatibility problem. So now, the Mac addressbook reflects all of these edits, as so does the icloud, and my iPhone5 (rel 6.1.4). CUI properly relects these changes as well.

I then added to the iPhone5 contact list 3 entries with the last names named "Octopus". I then went to my XTS and paired my iPhone5 again. It was then that I noticed that the three added "Octopus" entries were missing. No matter what I did in I've attempted every variation of using the first name field, last name field, both in one or the other, and still nothing!

The dealer, who spoke to an GM engineering type, told me to delete my iPhone5 (once paired with the XTS) from CUI. So the divorce took place. I remarried (paired) the "new" iPhone5 to the XTS. Contact list still omits the Octopus entries. So, at the advice of the dealership and GM engineer, I added to the iPhone5 a new entry. I waited 5 minutes. Nothing, no new entry!

So now the plan is for me to take my car back into the dealership with my iPhone5 and have their engineer talk to the GM engineer to debug the system. This is a bit unreal, for sure.

Does anyone using an iPhone5 have success in making additions? I have about 145 contacts. Any bright ideas?
The iPhone5 was deleted from the XTS, and yet these three entries still don't appear.:banghead:

TimTown
06-07-13, 02:44 PM
Hot off the press! I met with my dealer service manager, and he showed me a publication from GM to dealer service people listing the specific iPhone models and other phones supported by CUE. Iphone5 was not on the list. The service manager talked to a GM developer type who tried to replicate my contact list problem using his iPhone5 and the same release #23150273 on a different car. So, possibly, the CUE download to the dealer or to my car is corrupted. Next Wed they will diagnose and fix the problem w/ my car, cell phone and developer in tow (hopefully)!:crying2:

--Tim

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 10:13 PM
Hot off the press! I met with my dealer service manager, and he showed me a publication from GM to dealer service people listing the specific iPhone models and other phones supported by CUE. Iphone5 was not on the list. The service manager talked to a GM developer type who tried to replicate my contact list problem using his iPhone5 and the same release #23150273 on a different car. So, possibly, the CUE download to the dealer or to my car is corrupted. Next Wed they will diagnose and fix the problem w/ my car, cell phone and developer in tow (hopefully)!:crying2:

--Tim

Hello TimTown,

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your XTS receiving the contacts from your iPhone. I am glad that your dealership is trying hard to get the problem diagnosed. Please keep us updated on what happens on Wednesday!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care