: Platinum front just dont look right! Need help!

Dfost
06-02-13, 06:59 PM

Could someone tell me why the space is between the hood and grill?? What am I missing?

texas1
06-02-13, 07:05 PM
hood looks elevated is it open in the pic ? thier is rubber screw on stopers that go under the hood used to make adj. to how far it can go down but looks like the driver side bumper is hanging lower

soulsea
06-02-13, 07:27 PM
Mmm yup that doesn't look right. :(

Not sure what's going on there ... at first I thought it might be because you've got the smaller chrome hood molding, but that gap is still too big. It almost looks like the hood isn't closed all the way.

Does it look lined up on the sides, under the lamps, and on top of the radiator when the hood is open?

----------

Btw, I'm sure you know this but that's a Premium bumper like mine not a Platinum. :)

I mention it cause if you're going to buy the corresponding wider hood molding, it'll match up better with a primered one painted to match rather than the chrome one.

Punmax
06-02-13, 07:36 PM
Can you post some more pictures?

BEarle
06-02-13, 07:43 PM
I have a premium model and there is a big gap between the hood and grill.

2kflhr
06-02-13, 10:09 PM
The rubber bumpers on each front corner should be adjusted to where the top of hood is flush with the top of the fenders. The hood appears to me to be higher than the fenders from the picture.

BlownEscalade
06-03-13, 02:10 PM
Judging by the fenders, seems like the hood is sitting high. Don't think the bumper had anything to so with it.

^ beat me to it lol

Alegre323
06-10-13, 02:48 PM
Sell me the front end and it will Solve your problem lol.
Look like the rubber stoppers are a little elevated

Alpha.Romeo
06-11-13, 12:15 AM
I would say that the hood is to high...

If you look at the corners of your hood right at the area of the headlights you can see it standing a bit to high... If you adjust your hood try to adjust your hood lock too (think you can lower it about an inch...) then every thing should be fine...
And btw I love the new platinum look :-)
Looks very elegant and makes the eskys more stunning!
Unfortunately we can only buy them at our local Cadillac vendors and according to taxes an customs it's quiet expansive... But I am looking forward to get a chance of buying in the states an delivering it to Germany via container...

bigwill1323704
06-11-13, 01:52 AM
Get it off eBay

Dfost
06-12-13, 08:52 AM
i removed and its for sale with chrome molding piece anyone interested?

soulsea
06-12-13, 10:59 AM
You gave up on it because of the gap? :(

Or did you not like the way it looked in general?

IgotGAME
06-14-13, 12:56 AM
How much you asking?