: Trade in 2009 CTSV 18,000 miles for 2014

SilverrV
06-02-13, 06:58 PM
Whats your guess at out of pocket amount to upgrade? Really like stealth Blue.

Trapspeed
06-02-13, 09:18 PM
Is the '09 paid off?

Random84
06-02-13, 11:05 PM
assuming the `09 is paid off...

Going to figure they offer you between $42 and $46 for the trade relative to the condition, how much the dealer wants to screw you, and the terms/pricing/trim of the 2014 order. Obviously the total deal is the key: they may "give" you a sweet price on your trade in but have you paying near MSRP on the special order and it works out to the same money, just labelled differently to make you feel better.

If you're going Stealth Blue, that's a minimum of $72+ MSRP... invoice probably around $69K and up if my memory serves.

I'll guess $44K for the trade, "invoice" for the new order - we'll say $70K purchase price again depending on your options....

You'll need at least $26,000 plus whatever you owe on the 2009. Not sure stealth blue and another warranty is worth that much... :D

1BadCadSTS
06-02-13, 11:27 PM
Paint job seems a lot cheaper.

VMoose
06-03-13, 12:51 AM
Stealth blue was supposed to be a pre-sold, order only paint. It might be very difficult to find one in inventory. My dealer said only 49 were made in that color and that's between coupe, sedan, and wagon variants.

SilverrV
06-03-13, 11:29 AM
its not worth it just for the color change but I do love the car. any plan on keeping it a while. my 09 is paid off, warranty expires in October. When i tracked the car it picked up very minor scratches in the paint. I was planning on spraying the hood and bumper but when I saw stealth blue it seemed like a sweet deal. $25 is what i was thinking and knowing my dealer they will give my a high trade it because thats what i want to hear. Ill let you know what happens if I can even find the color.

thebigjimsho
06-03-13, 01:22 PM
assuming the `09 is paid off...

Going to figure they offer you between $42 and $46 for the trade relative to the condition, how much the dealer wants to screw you, and the terms/pricing/trim of the 2014 order. Obviously the total deal is the key: they may "give" you a sweet price on your trade in but have you paying near MSRP on the special order and it works out to the same money, just labelled differently to make you feel better.

If you're going Stealth Blue, that's a minimum of $72+ MSRP... invoice probably around $69K and up if my memory serves.

I'll guess $44K for the trade, "invoice" for the new order - we'll say $70K purchase price again depending on your options....

You'll need at least $26,000 plus whatever you owe on the 2009. Not sure stealth blue and another warranty is worth that much... :D

No way. The only way he gets that much is if they screw him on the purchase price. Fully loaded I say the dealer offers $37G. Tops.

HUGN*RDS
06-04-13, 11:44 AM
I was thinking of trading in my 09 for a 14 but then when I saw there were only going to be a smll amount of them I figured I would be overpaying. My V is similar to yours (years, miles) so when I searched autotrader the other day none of the 09+ V's were under $43k except if the mileage was high, then mid-to-high $20's. That isn't much towards a new V but it is a decent trade in. I decided to wait for the 15 MY V3 or if the new XTS-V really comes out this month I might jump on it. I seriously love the XTS because (well," the transverse LS7 with lower redline to preserve the carryover 6T70, targeting an announced power level of 470 or so horsepower, a torque bump if we decide to use the Camaro cam") they're huge, now V than and whala! Pure cadillac delight regardless..