: Onstar Mobile App

jghiller
06-02-13, 05:14 PM
Just happened to read the INFO page for the Onstar mobile app signon page, it says that in order to NOT have to keep entering your password at login, check the 'Keep me Logged on' box. Well that doesnt appear to work and as one would infer, you never stay logged on completely with the box checked either. I assume everyone else experiences the same thing when logging on? When they fix the password bug, it would be nice and about time to enhance the app - maybe allow a reset of gas mileage and add mileage since last fill, etc. - some of the display items that show on the DIC for speed and mileage information. If anyone is involved with the ConnectOn survey website, there have been an abundance of suggestions discussed for Onstar so it would be nice for some changes soon.

hakalugi
06-02-13, 06:41 PM
I'm using an iphone5 here. my app remembers the password. at first I didn't want to do that, until I found out it still required the PIN before doing anything important (like starting the car), I launched again, chose it to remember password, and has done so since.

The_Judge
06-02-13, 06:52 PM
It keeps me logged in on my iPhone 5. The one improvement in the app that I'd like to see is automatic updates of the data from the car.

gohawks63
06-02-13, 08:32 PM
I'm using an iphone5 here. my app remembers the password. at first I didn't want to do that, until I found out it still required the PIN before doing anything important (like starting the car), I launched again, chose it to remember password, and has done so since.

Ditto that. Mine keeps me logged on both on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2.

jghiller
06-03-13, 10:50 AM
Guess it must be limited to iphone5 or ipad2. I have an iPhone 4S and always enter password and it never keeps me logged on. Others with iPhone 4S have similar issues?

C "T" ess
06-03-13, 11:05 AM
I have an LG 4G and I am always logged in. No problems except how long it takes to do things. By the way most of the information you are seeking is reported based on the last time you used the car. Air pressure,gas,odometer,mpg, the same things I get on my monthly on* report. You can also update it at anytime.

jghiller
06-06-13, 08:59 AM
Just did the recent update to app and what a thrill scrolling thru the license agreement notices. What those lawyers must make writing them. You have to scroll thru all notices before you can use update and still no saved password. But as update indicated, it was primarily for iPhone 5.

gohawks63
06-06-13, 10:02 AM
Just did the recent update to app and what a thrill scrolling thru the license agreement notices. What those lawyers must make writing them. You have to scroll thru all notices before you can use update and still no saved password. But as update indicated, it was primarily for iPhone 5.

That's odd. I don't mean to be Captain Obvious, but did you make sure to check the "remember me" box?

jghiller
06-07-13, 06:45 AM
Actually you cant uncheck it on my iPhone 4S.