: wheel touch up paint

Wrk Car
01-25-05, 11:04 PM
Is there any touch up paint for the V wheels.:hmm:

M & M's V
01-26-05, 05:09 PM
The parts counter guy at my dealer (Hubacher) checked into it and discovered the following:

No GM part # for CTS-V wheel touch up paint available per my dealer. Body touch up paint is available. He did contact GM and found out that "Global Line" (Affiliate of PPG) makes the wheel paint for GM. The formulation code (recipe) is - WA569F 300865. The first group of #'s is GM's code and the second group of #'s is PPG's code. Warehouse Paint here in Auburn California (530-885-7914) is the nearest paint shop to me that can make some, but not in the small touch up bottle you typically get from the parts counter. The smallest quantity Warehouse Paint makes is 8 oz or about a pint for approximately $30.00 dollars.

Wrk Car
01-26-05, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the info.

DaveV
06-25-05, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I just had my car at the dealer to replace tires and they couldn't get the run flats off. It ended up costing me $200. for it to be done. They chewed up my rims awful.
I will be ordering.
Dave

lasstss
06-25-05, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I just had my car at the dealer to replace tires and they couldn't get the run flats off. It ended up costing me $200. for it to be done. They chewed up my rims awful.
I will be ordering.
Dave

The full face wheels that we have are really nice but the design just plain sucks for tire removal. The combination of low profile and no lip is bad enough. Add to that run flats..its a disaster. You are stuck with finding a real quality shop that specializes in alloy wheel work.:banghead:

lawfive
11-09-05, 03:29 PM
If somebody has had some paint made and wants to split it to defray the cost, I'm in the market. I seem to be getting little rock strikes on my wheels.