: Remote Start Problem

Rich08
06-02-13, 03:38 PM
Yesturday I was playing music in my truck while washing it and when I was all done and ready to leave I remote started it and my truck sounded like it was sucking in a ton of air (like the sound the tractor trailers make when they accelerate), I immediately put the key in and turned off the ac and it went away. It did it the whole night with every remote start. Is something wrong with my ac or was it because it was just too hot IDK. Thanks for the help

Punmax
06-02-13, 06:05 PM
Are you sure it wasn't the fans turning on? My 300C SRT used to kick on the fans right after the A/C was engaged.

Rich08
06-02-13, 06:49 PM
It's the fan for the ac but it never did before on hot weather, so I I'm wondering why all of sudden it kicks up to full power if it never did before

Punmax
06-03-13, 04:43 AM
Does your truck sound similar to this one?

http://youtu.be/tjougNZMnKM?t=35s

shore
06-03-13, 11:16 AM
my fan comes on full speed if I do the following.

1..remote start
2..inside hot garage

My bumper is right up against the wall so airflow is non existent in the garage. Doesn't happen when started with key in garage unless truck is warm already.

Rich08
06-03-13, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys for your help, but I guess this is normal. I was at target last night and as always parked all the way in the back, then while I was putting my stuff away two escalades showed up and parked right next to my ext. I got out of my truck and asked them if they could remote start their trucks. They did and the same thing happened the ac at full blast sounding louder then the motor. They both said it was normal and it was just the heat. The mirror temp was reading 96 - 101 these last few days.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-13, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys for your help, but I guess this is normal. I was at target last night and as always parked all the way in the back, then while I was putting my stuff away two escalades showed up and parked right next to my ext. I got out of my truck and asked them if they could remote start their trucks. They did and the same thing happened the ac at full blast sounding louder then the motor. They both said it was normal and it was just the heat. The mirror temp was reading 96 - 101 these last few days.

Hello Rich08,

That is good you were able to compare your vehicle to others with the same model and realize the noise was normal. If there is anything you need help with in the future, or questions you would like answered, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service