: Help codes P00700 & P 2715 Cadillac Escalade

Caddygirls
06-02-13, 04:07 PM
Posting this on behalf of my husband who isn't a computer guy...we have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. The transmission starting skipping on me about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it revved up pretty high. We checked the codes on it today and it showed P0700 & P2715. Not sure what they stand for so I was hoping someone could help out a little. Is there any recall on the transmission or are we in trouble here. Thanks for any advice!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-13, 12:15 PM
Posting this on behalf of my husband who isn't a computer guy...we have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. The transmission starting skipping on me about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it revved up pretty high. We checked the codes on it today and it showed P0700 & P2715. Not sure what they stand for so I was hoping someone could help out a little. Is there any recall on the transmission or are we in trouble here. Thanks for any advice!!

Hello Caddygirls,

I am sorry your vehicle transmission is acting up. If you private message me with your VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to help answer your questions for you. I understand sometimes a private message is unable to go through if you are a newer member. If you feel comfortable discussing possible personal information on this thread we can do so that way, or you can Email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN LAURA so I can further assist in answering any questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Damndirtyape
06-05-13, 01:06 PM
P700 is just the generic "there's a transmission problem, look at the other codes to figure out what" code so the P2715 is the real issue. That equates to
DTC P2715: Clutch Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 4 - Stuck On

I have no idea what's involved with fixing that but if your trans has been acting up and slipping and you've been driving it, chances are it'll require a rebuild. Hope that's not the case or you have warranty coverage of some sort. Best of luck with it.

Punmax
06-05-13, 07:35 PM
What's the mileage on your truck?