: 1996 STS Bose Speaker Replacement and more?

wfleming79
01-25-05, 11:38 PM
I have a speaker that is blown out in my 1996 STS bose system. I am having a hard time finding out if I can replace the speaker with an aftermarket speaker, get a replacement bose speaker, or fix the speaker? Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Eventually I would like to patch in an aftermarket CD changer in the trunk, so if anyone has knowledge of that, it would be cool as well. Thanks.

D148L0
01-26-05, 01:30 AM
If you only want to replace one speaker, I'd suggest to get an original one.
Visit this site:
http://carstereohelp.net/gotquestionsQ04.htm

Regarding the CD changer, an FM sounds like the way to go for you.

STS 310
01-26-05, 07:00 PM
If you do not want to go with a modulated changer, check out the NEOCHANGER. It is supposed to interface with the stock head unit.

wfleming79
01-26-05, 07:04 PM
I saw that NeoChanger on the site, looks cool. I want to get MP3 capabilities in the car and that would be great to just replace the changer. I may call that company up and see what they can do about my speaker, I live within driving distance of them.

elwesso
01-27-05, 08:16 PM
Ive heard of people using aftermarket, 2 ohm speakers with bose. Generally they get FANTASTIC results.....

Might be worth trying..... Pretty simple mod...

STS 310
01-28-05, 12:38 PM
Ive heard of people using aftermarket, 2 ohm speakers with bose. Generally they get FANTASTIC results.....

Might be worth trying..... Pretty simple mod...

Interesting. I never thought of just using a replacement low impedence speaker. Provided its not the speaker that is amplified at the speaker itself.

Usually these low impedence speakers are what most "stock" systems include and they are generally used with the stock head unit. The reason they sound some what decent, is that they are perfectly matched with the stock head unit. Other than that they are low wattage crap.

Rob_M
04-02-05, 09:27 PM
Hey, do you guys think I could use my stock 6X9 speakers out of my 93 Deville for a temp replacement in my STS. Would they fit. They aren't that fancy... Mine are blown and it's driving me crazy. All the sound in back is coming from one side because only one kind of works. If it did work I would be stoked and owe it all to you guys. WELL???????????

STS 310
04-05-05, 06:09 PM
Most likely not if you are using the Bose system.