Cadillac Owners Forum banner

About to buy a 2011 CTS-V, questions and advice please

859 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
For someone who is about to ditch a 1999 Corvette for a 2011 CTS-V (fully loaded), is there anything I should know or specifically look at before I buy it? The car is owned by a private seller, and the seller is the 2nd owner. I have already test driven the car and it seems to be in new condition. The only thing that bothers me is the original owner put aftermarket 20" rims on it. From past experience I know this can cause alignment, handling, and speedometer problems. The tires appeared to be wearing correctly BUT the steering wheel is roughly 10-15 degrees off center to the left (when driving straight of course). The car did not pull right or left at any speed. The car only has 13K miles so the only thing I can think of is the car needed an alignment with the new wheels and that has caused the steering wheel to be off centered.

I also have a quesiton about the Bluetooth. The owner doesn't use Bluetooth so I am curious if I can connect an iPhone/iPod via Bluetooth for the purposes of playing music (we didn't see this in the manual). Some general info on the functionality of the Bluetooth would appreciated if anyone would like to share.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

-Andrew

See less See more
#2 ·
Andrew, on the bluetooth question, the V only connects for phone services. If you want A2DP music streaming, buy a dongle and connect it to the aux jack in the center console. I use a dongle from Monoprice and it works great. I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 by the way. Lots of old posts that discuss this in greater detail. Good luck.

#3 ·
Hello Andrew,

This must be an exciting time for you. I hear great things from other V owners. This forum is a great way to interact and stay connected with fellow Cadillac and V lovers. I am here to help answer questions and assist with concerns. Bluetooth connection is solely for making and receiving phone calls. However, there is a USB option with a connection cable which your iPod or iPhone is able to play music on the infotainment system display in your vehicle. Welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.