: Anybody bidding on this?

Sandy
01-25-05, 09:25 PM
E-Bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4522684648

Adam
01-25-05, 09:29 PM
hah. thats pretty damn cheap. you know they wont sell it though (for that price anyway).

D148L0
01-25-05, 09:35 PM
Well, I certainly will, even if I don't think I'll get it... That is a Car.

Sandy
01-25-05, 09:48 PM
It was on 3 weeks ago. Top bid was $146,500 and was a No sale did not meet reserve.
They also have a new 2005 Avanti Convert on e bay and an Aston Martin Convertible. a new Lotus Elise and had a pair of Enzos a couple weeks ago.

danbuc
01-25-05, 09:51 PM
If there was no reserve, I would definitely bid on it. Being that the reserve is only going to be a few thousand dollars under Bently's MSRP, I don't think many people will bid anyway.

Sandy
01-25-05, 10:05 PM
The only ones that sold from 2 weeks ago were the Enzos and a Jaguar XJ Super 8 Supercharged and a couple of M-B S600 V-12s. The Avanti did bring $31,000 but it too failed to meet reserve as did the Lotus. Now, they have a Maserati Convert, too - 2004.

evilrussian
01-25-05, 10:24 PM
I like that '71 Corvette 454 4-speed, and that '68 Chevelle is pretty nice too.

DaveSmed
01-25-05, 10:39 PM
I saw one of them in jersey near red bank not too long ago... Had no idea what it was at first, wanted to say Crossfire (saw from back) but knew that wasnt right... Twin Turbo W-12. neat car.

Sandy
01-25-05, 11:43 PM
You can see why they are my favorite car dealer ! :)

Sandy
01-25-05, 11:44 PM
You can see why they are my favorite car dealer ! :)
They are one of 5 authorized Avanti dealers in America.
I may be going there sooner rather than later ...

Playdrv4me
01-26-05, 12:43 AM
The problem with those super-exotic luxo cruisers now, is that the Cadillacs, Lincoln's MBs and BMW's of the world are now producing vehicles that rival them in terms of quality and interior accoutrements for as little as half the price or less almost making the prices non justified. The irony of course, is that by now, most of these same MFRs are the ones producing the very same automobiles. MB with Maybach (disaster waiting to happen), Volkswagen with Bentley AND Lamborghini, BMW and Rolls Royce, Ford and Aston Martin... etc etc.

The exceptions are still the true fine auto companies of the world. Ferrari/Maserati, Porsche (though with some influence from VW), and uhh...uhh... Yea see thats a problem, while there are others they dont even pop in my head right away.

The bottom line is, when you can get every bit as much car in an MB S Class or STS, it makes dropping bucks on a Bentley that much more difficult even if you have the wad of cash to do so... Thats why some of the most popular celebrity cars now are quirky things, like the Honda Insight, Toyota Prius etc.

Anyway, my car might be going this sellers competitor, www.bentleydownersgrove.com They have two Enzo's, many Lambos, Bentleys, Rolls and everything under the sun too.

Jesda
01-26-05, 03:14 AM
Funny story...
At school I was driving around the parking lot in my Q, looking for a spot. I saw this girl park a black Continental GT between a Dodge Caravan and a Pontiac Grand Prix... IN THE SNOW. The car was rather unexciting to look at. I mean, it was there. I knew what it was. I know how much it sells for. But I just couldnt get excited. The girl that got out was decent looking, wearing sweats and carrying a backpack. She looked 18-20.

You'd think seeing such a hyped car would be more of a magical experience -- nope. I continued to go about my business and didnt think much of it.

I pay more attention to and get more excited about seeing 98+ Sevilles, 90-96 Q45s, true exotics, and classic muscle.

The Continental GT just looks so pathetically pedestrian in person. Its not as excruciatingly dull and lifeless as anything from Toyota/Lexus, but its close.

Playdrv4me
01-26-05, 03:26 AM
Funny story...

I pay more attention to and get more excited about seeing 98+ Sevilles, 90-96 Q45s, true exotics, and classic muscle.

Skyline

danbuc
01-26-05, 04:24 AM
I know what you mean by not caring about cars like that. The area of Jersey I live in happens to be popualted by lots of rich a**holes that have nothing better to do with their money. Like the married couple with the matching Maserati Spyder's. Or the wife of the rich husband who drive's her SL600 to the bank and grocery store. :nono: . These car's serve no other purpose than to say, "My car has all the same features yours does, but I can afford to pay three times as much". I get a bigger kick out of seeing a Studebaker, or a Triumph than I ever will seeing a Ferrari, or a Bentley. To me, these cars have more appeal because they represent the people who don't give a crap what other's think of them. They aren't fast, they are not all that expensive, but that's what makes them great. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while driving a Ferrari, then seeing a Studebaker out on the road.

The nicest car I've ever seen first hand was an original AC Ace Cobra with the 289. That was the first, and last one I will probably ever see. I must have talked about seeing that car for about a week. I saw a Lamborghini Murcielago, and an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish both in one day. Big freakin' deal. I can drive down the road, and walk into the showroom of a local Ferrari/Maserati/BMW dealer, and sit in a 360 Modena, Spyder, or M5. Who care's. I'll never be able to sit in that Cobra. When I saw that car, I thought to myself, "That person is a connoisseur, with excellent taste in fine, rare automobiles". When I see someone driving a Ferrari (usually 55mph in the slow lane :nono: ), I think to myself, "You don't f**king deserve that car. Spend your rediculous amounts of money on something worth while, and stop perpetuating the age old cliche of what car rich people always buy. If you had any class what so ever, you would have bought something like a 1958 250 Testa Rossa. Something that says you enjoy the thrill of driving, and not just having exuberant amounts of money!" At that point, I drive past them at full throttle, while giving them the finger. I've always said that if your gonna buy a fast car, drive it like it was meant to be driven. If not, buy a Civic.

illumina
01-26-05, 12:15 PM
that cheap eh? isn't this where they just send you a picture of the car at that price?