: Hello everyone

weealbert
06-02-13, 10:55 AM
I am posting from Shenzhen, China. Just received my 2013 SRX. This is my first American car I own. Will greatly look forward to exchange views and Infos with all forum participants.

Thank you.

Albert

Ranger
06-02-13, 11:31 AM
:welcome:

orconn
06-02-13, 01:09 PM
Welcome, Albert, it will be interesting to hear about your experience with your SRX in China.

77CDV
06-02-13, 06:55 PM
:welcome: Albert!

talismandave
06-03-13, 12:55 AM
Welcome to (perhaps?) our first member from China! It will be fun to have you in our group and hope to hear more from you about Cadillac ownership in your country.

:welcome5:

MoistCabbage
06-03-13, 01:02 AM
:welcome:

Huānyíng :wave:

weealbert
06-03-13, 10:54 AM
Thanks all. My first experience wasn't a pleasant one. This may be due to being a foreigner in the country and not able to read the language. Yes, I had difficulty asking for the English language manuals and did not get much help from the distributor and from GM head office as well. I am surprise to hear back from GM China that they could not get the English manuals. I had no problem from my previous make ( Hyundai Sante Fe). I guess, they are focus to serve the majority. Besides, sales person is lacking in product knowledge. I am appalled at the standard of their service, would expect something decent representing a prestigious brand.

EcSTSatic
06-03-13, 11:32 AM
I thought from your post you were Chinese. Can you download the manuals? Someone here can probably hook you up.

orconn
06-03-13, 01:08 PM
Your experience with trying to get an "English" manual for your car speaks to the reason why American car makers have been losing to the Japanese and even the Europeans for decades. I mean really, what does it take for GM China to email the appropriate department in the states and have them send an English copy of the manual. I would be wondering if a art was needed and it wasn't on hand in China if you would have to wait till it showed up in some "regular" parts shipment by ground service, or they would just call parts in the States and have it in a few days. Hell, if you buy something from China on Ebay sometimes it will take less than a week to be delivered to your door in the States! This type of customer service has been why "Cadillac, standard of the world" has been overtaken by both European and Asian car companies in markets around the world.

weealbert
06-03-13, 08:29 PM
Yes, Orconn, you are right.

I've lived here in China for almost 13 years and I can see the changes. The signs are now majority bilingual (Chinese and English). Good thing is that the CUE has the language option so I am able to operate the vehicle. By the way, I did manage to get the English version thru the web tho the engine specs differs. I believed the engine is a carry over (3.0L) from the previous model.

On another note I also written to CCC to verify if my vehicle is effected by the recent recall. I have yet to hear from the local distributor and I doubt if they are concern at all. I hope I am wrong.

talismandave
06-04-13, 12:04 PM
Wow...I never thought of the CUE! That's funny, you got lucky on that.

Hoosier Daddy
06-04-13, 12:08 PM
On another note I also written to CCC to verify if my vehicle is effected by the recent recall. I have yet to hear from the local distributor and I doubt if they are concern at all. I hope I am wrong.
Since the recall involves a problem that could kill you and since it is something very easily addressed by SRX owners, I recommend you check the lug nuts yourself while waiting to hear from GM.

CadillacLuke24
06-04-13, 06:56 PM
Welcome Albert. Hopefully your ownership experience improves!

weealbert
06-04-13, 08:08 PM
Just found out another problem. There is an air dam that is suppose to be fitted beneath the front bumper and found it in the trunk. After checking with the dealer they said they don't recommend fitting it as it lowers the front clearance. Aren't the dam suppose to improve drag which will in turn improve fuel consumption. Dealer should at least have the decency to inform customer if they think otherwise. Frustrating...

talismandave
06-04-13, 11:59 PM
Yes that is one of the reasons, also in some cases they direct air for the cooling system. If the road system is bad and the clearance is really an issue at least keep an eye on temp. If your driving allows I would install it.