: Update navigation disk(s)?

AtlantaGuy00
06-02-13, 01:37 AM
Is there any benefit to updating the nav disks in my 2007 DTS? It has the disks that came with the car. Wll there be any functionality or routing improvements over the original disks? I don't care about POIs. I know I'll get some mapping updates but as I mostly drive the same roads this is of minor interest. Also, I'm not interested in discussing hand held portable units such as Garmins, etc as I know all about those. Just curious to know what to expect with an update. Thanks!

Superjim
06-02-13, 09:09 AM
Does your NAV screen have the digital clock in the upper right corner ??
If not, the update will give you that.
If you are not taking trips over unfamiliar roads... I don't think you will see much of an improvement by updating...

AtlantaGuy00
06-02-13, 04:11 PM
Thanks Superjim. No, I don't have the clock. I'm not interested in that. I think I'll just keep it the way it is. I was more interested in more accurate routing, but I don't think that's possible.

Tomko
06-02-13, 08:13 PM
I've updated my disk every year. There have been improvements in the graphics over the years that have made them worthwhile for me.

The current disc available is 7.0 from 2012, p/n ending in ...386.

I've been watching almost everyday for a 2013 update - but so far there's been nothing.

I'm surprised at this, as the same disc is used in many vehicles and would seem to be a very easy revenue source at US$199 plus shipping.

If you're interested I can sell you any of the previous discs at a deep discount. They're all mint condition and just sitting in their cases on my desk.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-13, 12:02 PM
Is there any benefit to updating the nav disks in my 2007 DTS? It has the disks that came with the car. Wll there be any functionality or routing improvements over the original disks? I don't care about POIs. I know I'll get some mapping updates but as I mostly drive the same roads this is of minor interest. Also, I'm not interested in discussing hand held portable units such as Garmins, etc as I know all about those. Just curious to know what to expect with an update. Thanks!

Hello AtlantaGuy00,

As Superjim stated, there isn't much of an improvement by updating. As you mentioned, you knew you would get mapping updates, which is correct, and what the update would improve. I hope you are enjoying driving your DTS around!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service