: Rare Sighting

jghiller
06-02-13, 12:01 AM
While coming home today I met a - probably 12 CTS Coupe with Perf. or Premium package with the Mocha Steel Metallic color! Rare enough to see a Coupe but to see one with the Mocha Steel color(not available after 2012) just like mine was a thrill! Cant be sure of year but I suspect it was a 2012; I think Mocha was only available in 2012. And it at least had the Perf. package with fog lamps but dont know if it was a Premium model as mine. Too bad the driver was a poker and got way behind but they do live in my neighborhood so I guess I will need to hunt around for it(kidding).

angelbones
06-02-13, 01:10 AM
Speaking of rare sightings. I saw a Gold coupe about a month ago. No offense to anyone who has one but they are horrendous looking, and I can't imagine a dealer or individual ordering a coupe in that color. On the flip side, I always liked the Opulent Blue Metallic on the coupe, and this week, I saw probably only the second one I've ever seen on the street in the past year. I did see a CTS-V in blue at the dealer but that doesn't count, although it looked incredible. The Opulent Blue (not to be confused with the Glacier Blue which looks a powder puff blue) seems to be made for the V models. BTW, with all those colors, pictures are deceiving and you really have to see it in person. I'm not personally crazy about the Mocha, but I will admit it looks better in person than photos I've seen.

jeffc83
06-02-13, 12:23 PM
Speaking of rare sightings. I saw a Gold coupe about a month ago. No offense to anyone who has one but they are horrendous looking, and I can't imagine a dealer or individual ordering a coupe in that color. On the flip side, I always liked the Opulent Blue Metallic on the coupe, and this week, I saw probably only the second one I've ever seen on the street in the past year. I did see a CTS-V in blue at the dealer but that doesn't count, although it looked incredible. The Opulent Blue (not to be confused with the Glacier Blue which looks a powder puff blue) seems to be made for the V models. BTW, with all those colors, pictures are deceiving and you really have to see it in person. I'm not personally crazy about the Mocha, but I will admit it looks better in person than photos I've seen.

Our dealer is stuck with several caddies with that ugly gold color. (CTS & ATS summer gold) I too hope no one takes offense but it's THE WORST COLOR I've ever seen. (except for the pink Mary Kay caddies)

angelbones
06-03-13, 12:42 AM
I was browsing the Gen III forum and someone posted an article that I'll repost here. For 2014, they're getting rid of the gold, the glacier blue, Thunder Gray, and a surprise to me, the Crystal Red (a surprise not because I own one, but because it's a pretty popular color). They're also adding three new colors though: Red Obsession, Phantom Gray, and Majestic Plum (those should be interesting). Anyway here's the article:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/05/2014-cadillac-cts-sport-wagon-2014-cts-v-wagon-changes-rpo-central/